Author Topic: What's happening with the price?  (Read 62496 times)

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
because bitshares is unusable, and people can not use it to create value. so bitshares is useless now.

I have to disagree, even tho I too am antsy to see new features and bug fixes and more features etc. There's no denying the Yield that I am earning now that I would not have been earning with Wall Street or a bank.
kenCode - Decentraliser @ Agorise
Matrix/Keybase/Hive/Commun/Github: @Agorise
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline xiahui135

• View Profile
because bitshares is unusable, and people can not use it to create value. so bitshares is useless now.

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

Is NXT inflating the shares?

I'd say it's very easy to manipulate the crypto markets right now.
The volatility is low which can cause knee jerks if someone does a pumpndump.
Looking at coinmarketcap reveals a flatline of percentages in either direction.

Inflating shares can be quite easy right now.

Lord Rothschild said it best a couple weeks ago with zerohedge:
"we are faced with a geopolitical situation as dangerous as any we have faced since World War II."
"equities are not well supported by current valuations"
"exposing equities to a potentially sharp correction"
"we expect to see in the next one to three years" - here he is saying be calm. he has to give a timeline. so in other words, we may have less than one year before the "sharp correction".

Those of you who got in mid last year are probably very antsy by now.
You know exactly how valuable the Bitshares technology, offerings and philosophy is.
If you're not buying BTS right now, even if it hasn't hit the absolute bottom, you're missing out IMO.

There is no longer any doubt in my mind that DPOS and Bitshares/Bitassets are our white knight.
As soon as an HD mobile wallet is out, wallet.bitshares.org includes 2FA and Moonstone is rockin, I'm putting 90% of everything I own in here. I'll retain some PM just in case they make crypto illegal too, or proxy out the crypto websites or something. Worst case, u know.

If you are an awesome coder, please assist the guys on Github. Every little bit helps.
  https://github.com/BitShares/bitshares/issues
If you like social media, get every social site (i have an xls of 326 sites) linked to wallet.bitshares.org
If you like politics for some reason, contact every elected Rep you can and let them know about bitAssets.
If you have connections in banking, walk them thru the wallet.bitshares.org site.
If you enjoy sales then show every centralized exchange why/how they can upgrade to the Bitshares platform.
If you work with the media (alt or msm) show them the bitshares.org site.
Investment/asset/fund managers.. Show them https://wallet.bitshares.org/#/markets
If you want to see certain features, start a forum thread and detail how it should work, where it appears, etc.
If you have a friend in a poor, oppressed country, send them to wallet.bitshares.org

This is the time to buy in. Right now. This is *enough* of a bottom for me. The number of shares you buy won't change. They're value might go down for a few months until the suppression becomes more difficult, but realistically, we'll all be seeing growth and profits in less than 9 months from today. You won't get another chance like this to buy in at such a low price. That goes for all the cryptos, not just BTS and bitAssets.

Bitshares has become my white knight.
My hat's off to the Larimer's and Delegates who are workin their frikn booties off right now fixing and adding.
Thank You all for this, from the bottom of my heart, thank you.

Peace thru Crypto

Well said..  +5%
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
Is NXT inflating the shares?

I'd say it's very easy to manipulate the crypto markets right now.
The volatility is low which can cause knee jerks if someone does a pumpndump.
Looking at coinmarketcap reveals a flatline of percentages in either direction.

Inflating shares can be quite easy right now.

Lord Rothschild said it best a couple weeks ago with zerohedge:
"we are faced with a geopolitical situation as dangerous as any we have faced since World War II."
"equities are not well supported by current valuations"
"exposing equities to a potentially sharp correction"
"we expect to see in the next one to three years" - here he is saying be calm. he has to give a timeline. so in other words, we may have less than one year before the "sharp correction".

Those of you who got in mid last year are probably very antsy by now.
You know exactly how valuable the Bitshares technology, offerings and philosophy is.
If you're not buying BTS right now, even if it hasn't hit the absolute bottom, you're missing out IMO.

There is no longer any doubt in my mind that DPOS and Bitshares/Bitassets are our white knight.
As soon as an HD mobile wallet is out, wallet.bitshares.org includes 2FA and Moonstone is rockin, I'm putting 90% of everything I own in here. I'll retain some PM just in case they make crypto illegal too, or proxy out the crypto websites or something. Worst case, u know.

If you are an awesome coder, please assist the guys on Github. Every little bit helps.
  https://github.com/BitShares/bitshares/issues
If you like social media, get every social site (i have an xls of 326 sites) linked to wallet.bitshares.org
If you like politics for some reason, contact every elected Rep you can and let them know about bitAssets.
If you have connections in banking, walk them thru the wallet.bitshares.org site.
If you enjoy sales then show every centralized exchange why/how they can upgrade to the Bitshares platform.
If you work with the media (alt or msm) show them the bitshares.org site.
Investment/asset/fund managers.. Show them https://wallet.bitshares.org/#/markets
If you want to see certain features, start a forum thread and detail how it should work, where it appears, etc.
If you have a friend in a poor, oppressed country, send them to wallet.bitshares.org

This is the time to buy in. Right now. This is *enough* of a bottom for me. The number of shares you buy won't change. They're value might go down for a few months until the suppression becomes more difficult, but realistically, we'll all be seeing growth and profits in less than 9 months from today. You won't get another chance like this to buy in at such a low price. That goes for all the cryptos, not just BTS and bitAssets.

Bitshares has become my white knight.
My hat's off to the Larimer's and Delegates who are workin their frikn booties off right now fixing and adding.
Thank You all for this, from the bottom of my heart, thank you.

Peace thru Crypto
kenCode - Decentraliser @ Agorise
Matrix/Keybase/Hive/Commun/Github: @Agorise
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline pc

• View Profile
    • Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko?
  • BitShares: cyrano

introduse tones of bugs
Sure .. that's how coding works ..

Argh! No, not really. But bugs do happen.

that's by the way why the release number is
0.7.0 and not 3.4 or even 10 (X) ... The sofware is still labeled beta .. If you
are not fine with that.. dont use it.. don't invest into it..

+1 ! https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=7962.0
Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko? ISBN 978-3-8442-6568-2 http://bitcoin.quisquis.de

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
You are not innovating
Do you even read what you write?
Let me give you counter examples:
- DPOS
- MPA
- TITAN
- VOTE

you are put in a lot of useless features
name just one!

introduse tones of bugs
Sure .. that's how coding works .. that's by the way why the release number is
0.7.0 and not 3.4 or even 10 (X) ... The sofware is still labeled beta .. If you
are not fine with that.. dont use it.. don't invest into it..

creates unbelivable complexities
I can believe almost everything .. except that that *they* introduce complexity
.. That's just wrong .. The market forced them to introduce extra complexity ..
and the people are still asking for more complex feature (i.e. relative orders)

We can feel lucky the devs are still considering them. Some other request have
been denied as too complex to implement, too!!

hardforks and inflate the BTS cap
.. not .. again ..
You are not find with the merger .. fork the blockchain and start your own.
period!

thus destroyed the BTS price, job well done
They not even sold for tax purpose .. At least Stan noted somewhere that he
NEVER sold a single Larmier (phun inteded) ..
So they are for sure not the once 'destroying' the price .. it's the market
participants that *still don't get it*(tm)

Offline yiminh

• View Profile
Also Bitshares is going to have to keep innovating. If it stops innovating the other competitors aren't going to stop.

Heh.  That's one thing we've never been accused of.   :)

You are not innovating, you are put in a lot of useless features, introduse tones of bugs, creates unbelivable complexities, hardforks and inflate the BTS cap, thus destroyed the BTS price, job well done

Tuck Fheman

lzr1900

Offline sudo

• View Profile
  • BitShares: ags

Offline btswildpig

• View Profile
I think the circa 0.05 CNY and $20 million is a key support level.

It should be at $20 billion. This is not fair that all those latecomers can buy at IPO price or lower.

This is an opportunity for angel investors to increase their stake without unduly increasing cost basis.

The forum has gone dark, the devs are coding like mad bastards, the spring is being wound for the next jump.

$20 billion is plausible, as is $100B and $1T and on. But it's going to take years, perhaps decades, to get there.

Folks that invested in Apple, Microsoft etc. made their fortunes 10, 20 years after their initial investments.

BTC and BTS are no different. Anyone with a significant stake now is likely to be very wealthy in 10 years....

What is a signficant stake?

> 1M BTS

dang.....still short ...
这个是私人账号,表达的一切言论均不代表任何团队和任何人。This is my personal account , anything I said with this account will be my opinion alone and has nothing to do with any group.

Offline oldman

• View Profile

It should be at $20 billion. This is not fair that all those latecomers can buy at IPO price or lower.

This is an opportunity for angel investors to increase their stake without unduly increasing cost basis.

The forum has gone dark, the devs are coding like mad bastards, the spring is being wound for the next jump.

$20 billion is plausible, as is $100B and $1T and on. But it's going to take years, perhaps decades, to get there.

Folks that invested in Apple, Microsoft etc. made their fortunes 10, 20 years after their initial investments.

BTC and BTS are no different. Anyone with a significant stake now is likely to be very wealthy in 10 years....

> 1M BTS

Offline gamey

• View Profile
Could part of the disconnect regarding the desktop client be related to hardware? I have no problems running BTS and DVS clients simultaneously and they sync within minutes - but I am running them on a developer spec MacBook Pro...I'm pretty sure if I tried to run the clients on my T440 I would not have the same experience....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lots of problems.  Development is on Macs.  With laptops you don't have brownouts.  THe other day we had a cold snap and my desktop that runs the wallet crashed during a brown out.  Took me multiple steps and hours to fix it.  (Wallet was corrupted, had to reimport another one - after realizing and going through resynching the whole chain)  With a stable laptop you never have to deal with this.

Then there is SSD vs traditional harddrive.  SSD eliminates performance hit from seek times so spinning HD makes the problem even worse when it does occur.  It makes people acutely more aware of the problems.

It is a lot more stable than it used to be but it really is the type of program suited for a datacenter more than joe's desktop.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2015, 09:39:27 pm by gamey »
I speak for myself and only myself.

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan

Take "very wealthy" and divide it by "awesome growth factor".
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.