Author Topic: what should we do if price is control by exchange??  (Read 11020 times)

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
you should consider buy some xrp, it has transparent history for whole transaction. 8)

XRP has also a nice history of huge dumping...I remember buying XRPs last year at $0.025 just to see them dropping to $0.0035...Been there done that..What prevents the initial shareholders of doing this dump all over again? Last time I have checked Jef still hasn't dumped all his XRPs but he still intends to do so..

Of course when XRP goes to $0.001 I might reconsider buying some XRPs. Alternatively, if there was some kind of cooperation between BTS and XRP and create some fiat gateways via XRP to accept BitUSD then I will definitely buy a lot of XRPs irrespective of price :)

Offline btswildpig

• View Profile
you should consider buy some xrp, it has transparent history for whole transaction. 8)

I don't have money to buy some , but can you give me some free sample ? like 2000 XRP maybe ?
I like to see if it's as good as advertised .  :P :P
这个是私人账号,表达的一切言论均不代表任何团队和任何人。This is my personal account , anything I said with this account will be my opinion alone and has nothing to do with any group.

Offline cube

• Bit by bit, we will get there!
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bitcube
Id rather jump off bridge

That is a good one. :)

@XRP_support, stop selling your xrp here.
ID: bitcube
bitcube is a dedicated witness and committe member. Please vote for bitcube.

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile
Id rather jump off bridge
Hired by blockchain | Developer
delegate: dev.sidhujag

Offline btswildpig

• View Profile

It doesn't matter if Gateway issue IOUs that's not backed by the actual fiat they own .
这个是私人账号,表达的一切言论均不代表任何团队和任何人。This is my personal account , anything I said with this account will be my opinion alone and has nothing to do with any group.

Offline XRP_support

• View Profile

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile
I personally do not believe the price of BTS is what it is due to BTC38 price manipulation (as in selling more BTS than they have). That being said what alt is saying makes a lot of sense and everybody should do it.

Take your not-for-trading BTS out of BTC38 (and all other exchanges for that matter)!

- If BTC38  has 10%+ of all BTS - It is indeed too high. Nobody should keep her BTS on the exchange unless for trading or to sell them to pay bills/exit his position. And if you decide to trade on BTC38, it should take a minute for the BTS to be moved there.(Believe me I know it usually takes a deposit and support ticket for the funds to be credited, but this should be fixed by the exchange as well)
For that reason alone - move your BTS out of BTC38.

- If BTC38  does not have 10% of all BTS, but it claims it does:
   - move your BTS out of BTC38. You do not want to be the last one holding BTS IOU's there, when everybody else has withdrawn their BTS from BTC38 and the exchange has nothing but empty promise to give you, do you?
    - buy BTS with any funds (BTC, CNY etc.) that you have on the exchange, if such funds are there to buy BTS in short/medium term. And withdraw the new BTS from the exchange. In other words, if alt suspicion is true, the price of BTS should and (will be) much higher as a result of removing the downward manipulation, so buy now (cheap) and move the funds to more secure location (your wallet).

In short - move your BTS out of centralized exchanges. This will be very bullish (increasing the BTS price) in the short term anyway. What is more interesting - if alt's worries are true this will be good for the BTS price, in the long term as well.

If it's true, you should buy BTS but not sell.
because exchange need to buy back BTS to pay debt.

This.

If this is true, we can shortsqueeze the hell out of btc38 by buying and withdrawing BTS. 

They will be forced to buy tons of shares at market in order to balance their books, and it will rocket up the price. 
+5% interesting they would sell bts of the users without their notification.. or there is an internal trading group that simply pools funds via btc38 and they manipulate the market down (we've seen this after bytemaster post about changing bitshares structure and introducing delegate payouts via inflation).. this seemed to tick some of them off so maybe this is what they are doing.. however if we all trade internally it will allow us to all achieve what we want to do!
Hired by blockchain | Developer
delegate: dev.sidhujag

Offline svk

So from the voting mishap we know they control at least 150 million I guess? Now another issue is them voting with those 150 million, they removed some votes but not all..
Worker: dev.bitsharesblocks

Offline sudo

• View Profile
  • BitShares: ags
I personally do not believe the price of BTS is what it is due to BTC38 price manipulation (as in selling more BTS than they have). That being said what alt is saying makes a lot of sense and everybody should do it.

Take your not-for-trading BTS out of BTC38 (and all other exchanges for that matter)!

- If BTC38  has 10%+ of all BTS - It is indeed too high. Nobody should keep her BTS on the exchange unless for trading or to sell them to pay bills/exit his position. And if you decide to trade on BTC38, it should take a minute for the BTS to be moved there.(Believe me I know it usually takes a deposit and support ticket for the funds to be credited, but this should be fixed by the exchange as well)
For that reason alone - move your BTS out of BTC38.

- If BTC38  does not have 10% of all BTS, but it claims it does:
   - move your BTS out of BTC38. You do not want to be the last one holding BTS IOU's there, when everybody else has withdrawn their BTS from BTC38 and the exchange has nothing but empty promise to give you, do you?
    - buy BTS with any funds (BTC, CNY etc.) that you have on the exchange, if such funds are there to buy BTS in short/medium term. And withdraw the new BTS from the exchange. In other words, if alt suspicion is true, the price of BTS should and (will be) much higher as a result of removing the downward manipulation, so buy now (cheap) and move the funds to more secure location (your wallet).

In short - move your BTS out of centralized exchanges. This will be very bullish (increasing the BTS price) in the short term anyway. What is more interesting - if alt's worries are true this will be good for the BTS price, in the long term as well.

If it's true, you should buy BTS but not sell.
because exchange need to buy back BTS to pay debt.

This.

If this is true, we can shortsqueeze the hell out of btc38 by buying and withdrawing BTS. 

They will be forced to buy tons of shares at market in order to balance their books, and it will rocket up the price. 

+5%

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
Removed the rest of mine from btc38.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline btswildpig

• View Profile
If anyone is gonna buy BitShares , make sure you really buy BitShares instead of "symbol of bitshares" .

chryspano

So they have 157 million in cold wallet.  Some more in hot wallet (but not 100M).

Hmmm...

Do we know how many bts they have in the hot wallet?

If I understood correctly from the above posts, we can be 100% sure that they only have 157M bts in their cold wallet.

Offline alt

• View Profile
  • BitShares: baozi
you are right, buy bts,withdraw bts. there are still 100milillon bts not available.

what shuld we do to protect wallet market if it's true?

来自我的 HUAWEI P7-L00 上的 Tapatalk

Offline nomoreheroes7

• King of all the land
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: nomoreheroes7
Paycoin is ahead of us again.

lol...

Wow, it's on big volume too. Have you heard any news/press release?

I've been watching it. Apparently they're opening "beta invites" for their new storefront coinstand that will take your XPY for $20 toward any purchase you want, up to $1,000.

Apparently people still believe this BS. lol.

...aaand we're back to #4. All is right again in the world. That was fast.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2015, 09:09:29 pm by nomoreheroes7 »

Offline onceuponatime

Paycoin is ahead of us again.

lol...

Wow, it's on big volume too. Have you heard any news/press release?