Author Topic: BTS price, where is the bottom? Prediction: $15-18 million.  (Read 9200 times)

Tuck Fheman

i keep some in bts so i have money to play with in the volatility, but most of it just goes into bitassets.

+5%

Tuck Fheman

This means these huge holders can sell the price down for way less than what most of us paid to get BTS.

+5%

unless you were smart enough to buy BitUSD and hold it all this time.

+5%

The people who have lots of BTS or who held BitUSD this whole time can now diversify by selling large amounts of BTS to buy into Ethereum*, Maidsafe, Darkcoin, or Bitcoin if it looks like Bitcoin is going to rise.

* Strikethrough is mine, not luckybit's.
Disclaimer : I really like Vitalik. I just don't fancy Ethereum.

Offline gamey

• View Profile
If nothing is done NOW, it's impossible to short, the market peg won't hold, and it's over for us all. But nobody seems to really care... lol. Worst crisis handling ever.
Please have a bit of empathy for the stupid ones who have kept shorting all the way down.

Cannot agree with you more!!!
Comes to show what giant pile of smoking BS the new [now abandoned? - do not know.does not seem that way...] PR is...

So we received a "PR" plan which was the last straw for me. PR meant 'gag-order'. It dwindled my interest to near 0.

But what is really sad is that during this whole mess there has not been a unified front/PR spokesperson.  sigh
I speak for myself and only myself.

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile
Lets see if luckybits prediction holds.
Hired by blockchain | Developer
delegate: dev.sidhujag

Offline gamey

• View Profile
I hate to be right about these things but I think we are almost exactly at bottom. $15 million is the floor and from there I predict we'll go up in price eventually or fluctuate between $15-18 million for the next few months.

I hope people took my advice and bought some BitUSD prior to the most recent price drop. I would say now the price reflects the uncertainty around Ethereum's launch. Now is not the time to buy BitUSD so if you haven't bought it then it's probably too late.

But I could be wrong. Make your own decisions and don't consider anything from me to be investment advice only my own opinions as a complete stranger on the Internet.

You and your predictions.  You are also the guy who used to push to no end that we partner with Blackcoin. 

I guessed likely 15 million too but it could easily go lower. It doesn't take some savy market guy to realize that our bitasset adoption has never really got there and competition in that realm is picking up. These new guys will understand marketing, even if we have the better technical solution.  BitAssets are too technical.  Dan was never able to find anyone to do marketing or even explain BitAssets which are still largely misunderstood in the crypto-world.  Who cares about bitUSD over tether/nubits or whatever else?  So few understand the difference and most of them are already in our camp.

Honestly the reason we pick 15 million is because it is a nice round number.
I speak for myself and only myself.

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Luckybit
I hate to be right about these things but I think we are almost exactly at bottom. $15 million is the floor and from there I predict we'll go up in price eventually or fluctuate between $15-18 million for the next few months.

I hope people took my advice and bought some BitUSD prior to the most recent price drop. I would say now the price reflects the uncertainty around Ethereum's launch. Now is not the time to buy BitUSD so if you haven't bought it then it's probably too late.

But I could be wrong. Make your own decisions and don't consider anything from me to be investment advice only my own opinions as a complete stranger on the Internet.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado
Ethereum may turn out to be awesome...or it could very well flop out the gate. No one knows just how things in this crypto world will turn out, and I think you're overestimating "the inevitable onslaught of ethereum" here just a bit.

Exactly, it call all be vaporware. However, they might be developing cool stuff and only release it once they have it fully functional. No one knows and it's all part of the mystery and marketing tactics I guess, building up expectation. At the moment though, like usually in the cryptoverse, it's all hype. people overreact. not to mention there are already a few 2.0 projects coming up that seem interesting so unless they really stand out, they won't do that good. It might just backfire on them if it turns out to be a flop, as people get frustrated over the expectations they had being shattered.

Crypto world is all about mind games ahah
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline nomoreheroes7

• King of all the land
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: nomoreheroes7
Ethereum may turn out to be awesome...or it could very well flop out the gate. No one knows just how things in this crypto world will turn out, and I think you're overestimating "the inevitable onslaught of ethereum" here just a bit.

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Luckybit
Moonstone and the wallet.bitshares.org will bring bts to the masses.
Peertracks *the musicians friend* will hit facebook and tweeters like a firestorm, a major gig.
The voting thing is awesome too.
Most importantly tho ultimately, bts can replace wall street. thats what, a 500 trillion dollar market.. how about the cac and dax and other markets that will also crash in the next couple years.. dont sweat guys, theres a huge place for bts in the coming months, dont be so antsy.
get the wiki done and keep a designated Delegate on it, offer up dns services, get the api's to every dapp possible, keep buying and posting tidbits on twitter, disqus, fb, gplus, reddit etc. bts isnt dying by any means. how long did it take to build the first stable version of linux.. a lot more than 1 year thats for sure.
yes, i know im losing money buying bts on its way down. i dont care. the number of bitshares i own wont change. i buy on every dip and transfer most of it to bitassets, done. i know most of you have been waiting longer than me but youll never get rich quick in this game. this is a buy and hold for me.

At this point we need statistics to support these sorts of statements. What numbers back the idea that we are in a growth period which can reach the masses? I think we have a long way to go but fortunately there is some time to gain market share before Ethereum hits the media.

Once Ethereum hits the mainstream media I think you can figure out what could happen to Bitshares.

zerosum

If nothing is done NOW, it's impossible to short, the market peg won't hold, and it's over for us all. But nobody seems to really care... lol. Worst crisis handling ever.
Please have a bit of empathy for the stupid ones who have kept shorting all the way down.

Cannot agree with you more!!!
Comes to show what giant pile of smoking BS the new [now abandoned? - do not know.does not seem that way...] PR is...

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
yeah, kinda, i just buy it as i can afford it. i keep some in bts so i have money to play with in the volatility, but most of it just goes into bitassets. the banks are paying squat, arbitrage isnt working yet and at least bitassets are getting me 2 percent or so. the api should allow all the arbitrage bots to sync up with bts too, that would really up the cap i think.
kenCode - Decentraliser @ Agorise
Matrix/Keybase/Hive/Commun/Github: @Agorise
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline nomoreheroes7

• King of all the land
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: nomoreheroes7
i buy on every dip and transfer most of it to bitassets, done.

...isn't buying then transferring to stable bitassets the same as...not buying? Well I guess it supports the system, but still. If you're transferring large amounts to bitassets then it doesn't really matter when you buy BTS, on the dips or otherwise, right?

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
Moonstone and the wallet.bitshares.org will bring bts to the masses.
Peertracks *the musicians friend* will hit facebook and tweeters like a firestorm, a major gig.
The voting thing is awesome too.
Most importantly tho ultimately, bts can replace wall street. thats what, a 500 trillion dollar market.. how about the cac and dax and other markets that will also crash in the next couple years.. dont sweat guys, theres a huge place for bts in the coming months, dont be so antsy.
get the wiki done and keep a designated Delegate on it, offer up dns services, get the api's to every dapp possible, keep buying and posting tidbits on twitter, disqus, fb, gplus, reddit etc. bts isnt dying by any means. how long did it take to build the first stable version of linux.. a lot more than 1 year thats for sure.
yes, i know im losing money buying bts on its way down. i dont care. the number of bitshares i own wont change. i buy on every dip and transfer most of it to bitassets, done. i know most of you have been waiting longer than me but youll never get rich quick in this game. this is a buy and hold for me.
kenCode - Decentraliser @ Agorise
Matrix/Keybase/Hive/Commun/Github: @Agorise
www.PalmPay.chat