Author Topic: NOTE Price discussion  (Read 14950 times)

Offline ag

• View Profile
my prediction

I for one am happy for the success of the note distribution on the BTS blockchain, and to finally have a UIA market trading and running smoothly.

Offline bitmeat

• View Profile
I would be in an amazingly better position if I had saved my funds back then and was able to buy BTS and NOTES at current levels.

:-\
True. However I am comforted by the fact that I couldnt see into the future then, and I cant now.
Just gotta ride this baby until the wheels come of. Or we can start affording expensive cars.

I think that's how ostriches play the market. :) They put the money in, and then put the head in the sand until they retire. :)

Offline MrJeans

• View Profile
  • BitShares: mrjeans
I would be in an amazingly better position if I had saved my funds back then and was able to buy BTS and NOTES at current levels.

True. However I am comforted by the fact that I couldnt see into the future then, and I cant now.
Just gotta ride this baby until the wheels come of. Or we can start affording expensive cars.

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Tuck Fheman

Offline joele

• View Profile
Well, I'm glad to have received most my notes. I'm hoping to get a few from BTER, but we'll see. 8)

Now, if only the .8,.8.1 clients were more stable. It's crashing for me more than bitshares ever has. :-\

But that's what you get. Rome wasn't built in a day, not even a Mcdonald's hamburger is.

What OS are you on, and how/when is it crashing?

It's crashing if you have low memory.

Offline nicejeans

I'm on win 8. It's been crashing when I go into the exchange and try to view charts and place orders. Either it crashes or the charts take extremely long time to load.

When I upgraded to .8 I somehow ended up on the forked chain. I've resynced my blockchain and now the client works and can stay synced as long as I don't try to do anything.
Operation Onramp

Offline Troglodactyl

• View Profile
Well, I'm glad to have received most my notes. I'm hoping to get a few from BTER, but we'll see. 8)

Now, if only the .8,.8.1 clients were more stable. It's crashing for me more than bitshares ever has. :-\

But that's what you get. Rome wasn't built in a day, not even a Mcdonald's hamburger is.

What OS are you on, and how/when is it crashing?

Offline nicejeans

Operation Onramp

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
Or its the awesome "community support" of AGS/PTS holders who are dumping since they effectively got it for free. (Kind of)

These statements are completely false!! I was a PTS shareholder from day 1 and much later AGS shareholder and I am now at serious losses...Back then BTC was at $600 - $800 range. Back then BTS had an implied valuation of $40 mil...I would be in an amazingly better position if I had saved my funds back then and was able to buy BTS and NOTES at current levels. So basically new comers are getting BTS and NOTES now effectively for free..I doubt that many from PTS/AGS shareholders are dumping now unless they are desperate for cash..

Offline bitmeat

• View Profile
Or its the awesome "community support" of AGS/PTS holders who are dumping since they effectively got it for free. (Kind of)

Offline MrJeans

• View Profile
  • BitShares: mrjeans
I did some SWAGs (which would not be too accurate because the BTC price constantly changes). But working back from market cap during the donation funds and working back from what I thought was a representative donation day.

It looks like notes were more expensive during donations than they are now. They should be cheaper during donations because of the risk premium of no liquidity.

To me this looks like people are selling because of the bear market and trying to unload their positions. I am bearing for the short term.

Offline sschechter

• View Profile
I did not see any NOTES until I restarted the application.  My wallet must have been in a bad state after re-installing and synching with the latest.  My transactions were missing too, but they're also back after restarting.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2015, 03:55:45 am by sschechter »
BTSX: sschechter
PTS: PvBUyPrDRkJLVXZfvWjdudRtQgv1Fcy5Qe

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
I think we need Bitshares URL to a specific market, say NOTE:BTS

e.g. bts:market/note/bts

i like that!
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Also does anyone see a note balance in their account already? I imported keys to client but no balance.
check the corresponding address with agsexplorer.com ..
I do see my NOTES and already put them into coldstorage :)

Can you please advise how you do cold storage, if it is safe for non tech guys and where can I found instructions?
Check the coldstorage article in wiki.bitshares.org