Author Topic: Power of the community: Price recovery action 1  (Read 22248 times)

Offline mdj

• View Profile
  • BitShares: mdj
No. Why on earth would I fire all of Bitshares' dedicated employees (who I must add are doing an amazing job)?

TurkeyLeg

I dont believe that the small inflation from 100% delegates, only some of which is sold, is having much impact on the price. 
(The 20% dilution from the 'merger' is another matter, this is 10% a year inflaiton for 2 years, which is a big deal.  And of course there is also the negative effects of people selling because they wanted BTS to be a deflationary coin, and it changed, but thoose people have probably mostly sold by this point, since its been almost 6 months now).

I do think that unilaterally voting out all 100% delegates and thus hurting/killing all projects and dev work that are being worked on in the BTS communtiy is probably a terrible move at this point.
However, if there are specific 100% delegates that are not worth it or have stopped working, then of course they should be voted out!    Make a case for any 100% delegate that you think is a bad idea, and try to get them voted out!  We should be doing this periodically, since its important that all the delegate spots are productive.

Also, we could try to replace 3% delegates with 0-1% delegates, but the effect of this is extremely minor.

Rather than trying to fix things by messing with the system and changing things yet again, what we need is for Bitshares to actually deliver on some promises that were made before, like stable client, etc.  Things that we were told would happen prior to the current date which havent happened yet.  And we need new positive, good news for Bitshares, that is REAL, and not just "her eis a cool thing that we will do a while from now", because those have failed to deliver so many times by now that no one has any trust anymore that they will become real.

+5% - Thank you Ander. I agree. We do not need any more 90 degree turns. Like you said, we need progress on previous commitments. And by reading some of Stan's updates - I think that is exactly what is happening.

TurkeyLeg

There is a 12 page (12page!) thread of people complaining about the price. I have news for you. If you spent HALF the time it takes you to complain to help ANY of the people trying to stand up as community leaders we would be far better off than focusing on all this ridiculous negativity.  100% delegates is the smartest design decision I have seen.  Hiring people and refusing to pay them with the multiple delegates some of them are worth...and causing extra stress for them just makes things worse. But we know Newmine  isn't here to make things better.

Most of the people getting delegate pay are putting it right back into the bitshares ecosystem. So hilarious.

+5% - Thank you Fuzzy - I couldn't agree more.

Offline btswildpig

• View Profile
I just need to say this :

putting the words in the center looks like a copycat of someone .
这个是私人账号,表达的一切言论均不代表任何团队和任何人。This is my personal account , anything I said with this account will be my opinion alone and has nothing to do with any group.

Offline clayop

• View Profile
    • Bitshares Korea
  • BitShares: clayop
I'm in favor, but I'm not sure the 100% delegates are all influential. More like a few whales that are lazy and just pick whichever delegates the crowd seems to favor.

I also think the merger dilution has a much worse effect than delegate inflation, but both are pretty terrible.

To be fair, I cannot say dilution model is the best option. But it may be a good choice without depending on any external funding and its influences.
Bitshares Korea - http://www.bitshares.kr
Vote for me and see Korean Bitshares community grows
delegate-clayop

Offline fuzzy

There is a 12 page (12page!) thread of people complaining about the price. I have news for you. If you spent HALF the time it takes you to complain to help ANY of the people trying to stand up as community leaders we would be far better off than focusing on all this ridiculous negativity.  100% delegates is the smartest design decision I have seen.  Hiring people and refusing to pay them with the multiple delegates some of them are worth...and causing extra stress for them just makes things worse. But we know Newmine  isn't here to make things better.

Most of the people getting delegate pay are putting it right back into the bitshares ecosystem. So hilarious.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2015, 08:43:55 pm by fuzzy »
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav
those 100% delegates do the work. how about no?

Offline CryptoPrometheus

• View Profile
I'm in favor, but I'm not sure the 100% delegates are all influential. More like a few whales that are lazy and just pick whichever delegates the crowd seems to favor.

I also think the merger dilution has a much worse effect than delegate inflation, but both are pretty terrible.

Out of curiosity, when you say "both are pretty terrible", are you saying that a delegate dilution model, in your opinion, could never be a beneficial thing? Or are you just observing the current situation in BitShares and commenting strictly on that?
"Power and law are not synonymous. In fact, they are often in opposition and irreconcilable."
- Cicero

Offline fuzzy

I'll gladly give NewMine the 25% I get for doing what I do as soon as he provides any level of value to our community (we need a community vote, of course).  As I see it, he is pretty much a ball of negative energy that intentionally divides us every time he gets the chance.

I have an idea, Newmine. Rather than blame the lack of value and the downward action price on people who are basically working full time and more behind the scenes on bitshares, why don't you spend some energy on building something of value instead of being a big black hole of negative energy?

Jeez man. Were you beat as a child? Is there nothing positive that goes through your head?
« Last Edit: April 05, 2015, 08:39:47 pm by fuzzy »
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander

Wow interesting!

What about the positive effects of gaining business partners/funding for projects through delegates?  While the community definitely needs to be careful about who it elects, arent there positive benefits to be had if we elect good delegates?
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai

Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline clayop

• View Profile
    • Bitshares Korea
  • BitShares: clayop
IMHO aiming arrows of blame on 100% delegates is wrong
Bitshares Korea - http://www.bitshares.kr
Vote for me and see Korean Bitshares community grows
delegate-clayop

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
I dont believe that the small inflation from 100% delegates, only some of which is sold, is having much impact on the price. 
(The 20% dilution from the 'merger' is another matter, this is 10% a year inflaiton for 2 years, which is a big deal.  And of course there is also the negative effects of people selling because they wanted BTS to be a deflationary coin, and it changed, but thoose people have probably mostly sold by this point, since its been almost 6 months now).

I do think that unilaterally voting out all 100% delegates and thus hurting/killing all projects and dev work that are being worked on in the BTS communtiy is probably a terrible move at this point.
However, if there are specific 100% delegates that are not worth it or have stopped working, then of course they should be voted out!    Make a case for any 100% delegate that you think is a bad idea, and try to get them voted out!  We should be doing this periodically, since its important that all the delegate spots are productive.

Also, we could try to replace 3% delegates with 0-1% delegates, but the effect of this is extremely minor.

Rather than trying to fix things by messing with the system and changing things yet again, what we need is for Bitshares to actually deliver on some promises that were made before, like stable client, etc.  Things that we were told would happen prior to the current date which havent happened yet.  And we need new positive, good news for Bitshares, that is REAL, and not just "her eis a cool thing that we will do a while from now", because those have failed to deliver so many times by now that no one has any trust anymore that they will become real.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline testz

You really think that downward pressure comes from 100% pay rate delegates (at least 50% of they are developers of BitShares)?  :)

Offline NewMine

• View Profile
Everybody needs to "vote out" all 100% delegates!

Is the current $800 salary worth the downward pressure and negative perception from both outsiders and the departing faithful?

What are the non-developer delegates actually doing that warrants any pay at this point? 

The marketing teams have had the reverse effects of what was thought or promised; adoption is stagnant and share price has fallen. Max is the only one that has produced anything tangible and maybe the only person amongst the so called marketing people that deserves a slot.

I would easily bet more than half the 100% delegates do absolutely nothing other than working hard at making it seem like they are working hard while holding on to a hope and prayer that BTS launches to the moon and they get a free windfall out of the BTS they have sucked out of the system for free.

The time is now!

Vote these people out!

At least try it out and see what happens to the price.

$800 per month isn't going to make or break anyone who is legitimately doing something for the cause at this point and they should be more than willing to try out something that could bring more benefit to current shareholders who are hurting.

Oh wait, I forgot.  The people with the most shares and therefor a majority of the votes are all delegates themselves. 

Well, whatever.  Never mind.