Author Topic: Power of the community: Price recovery action 1  (Read 22541 times)

Offline mint chocolate chip

dev0.nikolai   As far as I can tell, he no longer is a Dev with BTS but with PLAY/NOTE

marketing.methodx   Marketing group. MethodX gave up the reigns to others and they are putting out a newsletter.

argentina-marketing.matt608    Marketing delegate who has left and supposedly handed the reigns over to a different group that include elmato, another 100% delegate.

delegate-dev2.btsnow           Redundant delegate

dev-trial.misc.nikolai   This one is funny and I think is an inside joke with Toast. The guy this was intended for is gone, the fees paid off and was supposed be taken offline. But here it is still there banking money.

dacx.baozou   Crowd funded and VC funded, why do they need a delegate. (One of the elusive Chinese whales perhaps?)

provisional.bitscape   Redundant delegate

I think we should start spring cleaning, above are a selected group of delegates that we can use as a starting point. Some of these may be worth keeping, but lets hear the justification of why that should be. Without legitimate justification for their continuance, let us move to promote removal of these delegates.

What research have YOU done on this (or are you waiting for others to do it for you?)

http://bitsharesblog.com

Offline Geneko

• View Profile
Congratulations to NewMine! He opened some questions (reason not quite impressing) about voting mechanism that is not so obvious. And it is about one thing, does it work or not.

Model of collecting funds is the one that state has, in form of invisible tax imposed by dilution. And it is quite good, much better, much more acceptable then direct taxation. But on the spending side it is real mess.

Imagine a company that has hired its employees and leave them organize by itself. Their work accomplishment has little or nothing to do with its salary. What would they do? How long before everyone recognize that with effort or not your music is playing. Those positions are like paid positions of some bureaucrat. What does he need to do to earn his salary? He only need to jump position ones and he is set.

Now, most of delegates are honest highly valued employees. They are all here because they share higher cause (and to make some buck along). But don’t underestimate the forces of nature (aka Game Theory). Over time system will make them lazy and corrupt. They will face two options. Those that value honesty above all will leave and those stubborn will have to adopt to crowds nature. So voting system sucks. Does it need improvement? I have no doubt.

This price decline is so depressing. It is overall sample of present project situation.
There is only one thing that concerns me. There is lot of pressure on BM and the team lately. I think they are not conscious of this, but those pressures could make them make mistake(again) if they are not careful enough. On the other hand if they lose courage to make tough decisions and adopt this project could face valley of dead.

Offline Empirical1.2

• View Profile
Let's all move to BitShares PTS!   :P

If you want to take the island burn the boats

Offline onceuponatime

dev0.nikolai   As far as I can tell, he no longer is a Dev with BTS but with PLAY/NOTE

marketing.methodx   Marketing group. MethodX gave up the reigns to others and they are putting out a newsletter.

argentina-marketing.matt608    Marketing delegate who has left and supposedly handed the reigns over to a different group that include elmato, another 100% delegate.

dev-trial.misc.nikolai   This one is funny and I think is an inside joke with Toast. The guy this was intended for is gone, the fees paid off and was supposed be taken offline. But here it is still there banking money.

dacx.baozou   Crowd funded and VC funded, why do they need a delegate. (One of the elusive Chinese whales perhaps?)

I think we should start spring cleaning, above are a selected group of delegates that we can use as a starting point. Some of these may be worth keeping, but lets hear the justification of why that should be. Without legitimate justification for their continuance, let us move to promote removal of these delegates.

What research have YOU done on this (or are you waiting for others to do it for you?)

Offline mint chocolate chip

Offline svk

Didn't like this.. didn't iike that.. this was your mistake.. I told you so... Could'a Should'a Would'a Didn't... looking back you did this wrong.

Ok.. I covered everything for everyone just now.. so how about talking about what to do next?

What can YOU do next that will make BitShares Better?

Whether the points or valid or not.. where do we go from 'here'?

Personally I am working almost every day to make Bitshares better by improving the wallet or adding features to Bitsharesblocks.

I agree we need to look forward and contribute positively, but it's hard to figure out how to go forward if one does not know the past and analyzes what went wrong. That being said, harping on about old mistakes is not constructive either.
Worker: dev.bitsharesblocks

Offline gamey

• View Profile
My only problem with the "non-merger" option is actually the resources we have. We don't have a dev team that big. Imagine that spread over 3 DACs.. progress would be so much slower, we probably wouldn't have nothing to show by now. If you think the BitShares client is taking too long, imagine having the team working on that divided in 3 or more. We don't have the luxury to waste resources and time on other DACs at the moment.

I'm not saying the merger didn't have an impact. It certainly did, obviously and honestly I'm still divided between the 2 options, but think about it for a moment, where would you be now with a dev team divided and working on different projects? You wouldn't have the same focus, things would be much slower and like I said, at the moment we just can't have that luxury if we want to stay on the game. We don't have the time, the resources or the money to do that.

We would have significantly more resources if the price had stayed higher. DNS may have kept a market cap close to that of namecoin. Toast could have likely hired other developers. No one really knows.

The difference between BitShares and other "coins" is not that significant. DNS was a DAC with an immediate demand and little competition.  What competition it did have has 0 ways to fund itself.

Bitcoiners would not necessarily be threatened by it since it was not a competing currency, but more of a pure DAC.  Oh well.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2015, 06:04:05 pm by gamey »
I speak for myself and only myself.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Quick quote from #bitcoin:
= 11:44:18|  tuneinturnout> https://bitcoin.org/en/developer-documentation <-- Where is the config file documentation?
= 11:47:05|  wumpus> tuneinturnout: try bitcoind --help
= 11:47:15|  wumpus> tuneinturnout: or the example config file here https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/blob/master/contrib/debian/examples/bitcoin.conf
= 12:02:03|  tuneinturnout> wumpus: I can't get it documented other than those ways?
= 12:08:20|  wumpus> tuneinturnout: why?
= 13:08:06|  tuneinturnout> wumpus: Because I want it to be official and linkable.
= 13:08:12|  tuneinturnout> wumpus: Not some random GitHub page.
= 13:08:19|  wumpus> there is nothing official
= 13:08:19|  tuneinturnout> Or having to deal with an awful man page in SSH.
= 13:08:32|  wumpus> it's all a volunteer effort, if you think it's not enough, improve it
= 13:08:45|  tuneinturnout> I don't have unlimited time.
= 13:08:48|  wumpus> no one has
= 13:08:57|  tuneinturnout> The ones who should be doing it should be doing it.
= 13:09:05|  wumpus> no one 'should be doing' this
= 13:09:10|  wumpus> no one is paid to do it
= 13:09:15|  tuneinturnout> Yes, they are.
= 13:09:38|  tuneinturnout> And yes, they should.
= 13:09:39|  wumpus> no, they're not. The documentation site is a volunteer, open source effort.
= 13:09:49|  wumpus> it's not up to you to decide what anyone else should do
= 13:10:32|  tuneinturnout> Getting info is very hard.
= 13:10:42|  wumpus> you should be happy that there is any documentation at all

guess what ... they are talking "documantation" only ..

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
Don't blame me, but posts like that are for me a big buy signal...  Sadly I am out of fiat...   :)

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 997D

Offline mdj

• View Profile
  • BitShares: mdj
Anyone want a job?

Put up a website that tracks the 100% delegates: who they are, what they promised to do, what they've done and what they are doing.

Your job is to shine a light on the delegates.

I and many others will vote you in as a 100% paid delegate.

+5% This certainly need consolidating. Would also be great to see delegates burning updates on their walls which we would quickly be able to see as a kind of status update in the client?

Offline oldman

• View Profile
Anyone want a job?

Put up a website that tracks the 100% delegates: who they are, what they promised to do, what they've done and what they are doing.

Your job is to shine a light on the delegates.

I and many others will vote you in as a 100% paid delegate.

Offline BTSdac

• View Profile
  • BitShares: K1
Right now Fuzzy is bringing people together, organizing weekly mumbles, and helping spread information to our community.   I highly value his contributions because his mumble sessions are how many people meet up. 

I think all of this focus on the "price" is a sign that people have lost their way, the price will not start growing until we stop watching it.   Who wants to buy into a community that is in panic about the price when we are all here to do so much more.   

It is about our mission and common interests.   Is there anything else out there that can compete with DPOS and BitAssets?

Assume BTS was worth nothing, this community is still very valuable.
do you  satisfied with marketing delegates, you don`t need to tell me ,but we can get data from new register account ,it is never increase。 we know you control many bts include ags fund ,   also I suggest that you cannot use ags fund to vote any 100% pay rate delegate?
how to do you think ,this suggestion.
github.com :pureland
BTS2.0 API :ws://139.196.37.179:8091
BTS2.0 API 数据源ws://139.196.37.179:8091

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
I know I never would have bought so many BTS around October-November last year if I would've known so many promises were just hot air. Really irksome and truly feels like I've been lied to.
Yes this.  None of us wouldve bought as much BTS as we did if we knew those things werent true.
This is probably the biggest reason the price has declined, because of the need for the market to find the correct value of BTS given that these things are either not happening or not happening until later down the road.  (Dilution shares + anger over dilution is the other big reason). 

https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline BTSdac

• View Profile
  • BitShares: K1
Everybody needs to "vote out" all 100% delegates!

Is the current $800 salary worth the downward pressure and negative perception from both outsiders and the departing faithful?

What are the non-developer delegates actually doing that warrants any pay at this point? 

The marketing teams have had the reverse effects of what was thought or promised; adoption is stagnant and share price has fallen. Max is the only one that has produced anything tangible and maybe the only person amongst the so called marketing people that deserves a slot.

I would easily bet more than half the 100% delegates do absolutely nothing other than working hard at making it seem like they are working hard while holding on to a hope and prayer that BTS launches to the moon and they get a free windfall out of the BTS they have sucked out of the system for free.

The time is now!

Vote these people out!

At least try it out and see what happens to the price.

$800 per month isn't going to make or break anyone who is legitimately doing something for the cause at this point and they should be more than willing to try out something that could bring more benefit to current shareholders who are hurting.

Oh wait, I forgot.  The people with the most shares and therefor a majority of the votes are all delegates themselves. 

Well, whatever.  Never mind.
yes you are right we should vote out all 100% pay delegate now , at least all marketing delegate.  i admit the up words with  temper ,
but
why the price of bts always dump and dump, what the 100% pay delegate bring to bts?

« Last Edit: April 06, 2015, 04:33:33 pm by BTSdac »
github.com :pureland
BTS2.0 API :ws://139.196.37.179:8091
BTS2.0 API 数据源ws://139.196.37.179:8091

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

Didn't like this.. didn't iike that.. this was your mistake.. I told you so... Could'a Should'a Would'a Didn't... looking back you did this wrong.

Ok.. I covered everything for everyone just now.. so how about talking about what to do next?

What can YOU do next that will make BitShares Better?

Whether the points or valid or not.. where do we go from 'here'?
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+