Author Topic: [FYI] Just get e-mail from Ripple  (Read 7783 times)

Offline bitsapphire

We think the most elegant way is to add an ID field to each Pub.Key which can hold a certificate on-blockchain from a specific gateway or ID verification service. The certificate would be simply a tag in a way.
Something like this?
http://wiki.bitshares.org/index.php/Delegate/PublicData

Thanks for pointing me to that. That, combined with a standardized PGP signature from the certificate issuer, or a special relation through the bitshares Object Graph would work.
Register and get your personal Moonstone Wallet Beta here: https://moonstone.io/login-register.html

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
1) A known known. For delegates.
2) As social systems grow in importance, individuals are very much forced to participate as dictated - in order to survive.
3) Moonstone. Tying your account with a authority.
4) Bitshares. A new way to issue stocks, exactly like the old way.
5) see 2)

2) .. unproven claim
3) nop. moonstone will tie a arbitrary account to your name .. no need to use ONLY that account .. that account will be able to use legal stocks .. you can still register any number of additional accounts
4) again wrong and you should already know the differences between 'traditional stock' and stock on the blockchain!
5) see 2)

Offline blahblah7up

• View Profile
Moonstone. Building the tools for monetary surveillance.
1) I wrote that wiki article
2) no one can force you to publish your data
3) the current concept from moonstone is to hand out a certificate that ties your account with a authority
4) in order to comply with regulations for stocks you need to be able to 'survey' shareholders of your company
5) no one will force you to either issue or buy any stock in bitshares

1) A known known. For delegates.
2) As social systems grow in importance, individuals are very much forced to participate as dictated - in order to survive.
3) Moonstone. Tying your account with a authority.
4) Bitshares. A new way to issue stocks, exactly like the old way.
5) see 2)

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
1) I wrote that wiki article
2) no one can force you to publish your data
3) the current concept from moonstone is to hand out a certificate that ties your account with a authority
4) in order to comply with regulations for stocks you need to be able to 'survey' shareholders of your company
5) no one will force you to either issue or buy any stock in bitshares

Offline blahblah7up

• View Profile
We think the most elegant way is to add an ID field to each Pub.Key which can hold a certificate on-blockchain from a specific gateway or ID verification service. The certificate would be simply a tag in a way.
Something like this?

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
Something like this?

Offline fuzzy

If history tells us anything is that all "radical / highly disrupting" ideas, have always been spinned against it by the controlling powers (read companies interests, not proper goverments) using the media. BitShares has the potential to decentralized many aspects of our lives hopefully for the best (if truly decentralised). Regulation is always going to be necessary, like taxes are necessary to provide the services we need.

Branding is important, together with the message. An example OpenBaazar vs DarkMarket, both will do potentially the same thing, but the message is different with a much bigger user base.
+5%
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline betax

• View Profile
If history tells us anything is that all "radical / highly disrupting" ideas, have always been spinned against it by the controlling powers (read companies interests, not proper goverments) using the media. BitShares has the potential to decentralized many aspects of our lives hopefully for the best (if truly decentralised). Regulation is always going to be necessary, like taxes are necessary to provide the services we need.

Branding is important, together with the message. An example OpenBaazar vs DarkMarket, both will do potentially the same thing, but the message is different with a much bigger user base.

https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline fuzzy

Such deep and telling points...
And what if most of the population knows nothing of technology but still relies on the television to tell them what to fear?
And what if the "terrorists" attack the technology that most people rely on but do not understand and people like us are caught in the crosshairs in making decisions to "keep everyone safe" ...or, like George Bush Jr said "you are either with us, or you're with the terrorists"? Which side do we choose when confronted by temporary wealth and power...or true freedom for all and Guantanamo?

I wish I could say this is a choice we will never have to make. Something in my gut tells me otherwise....

Are you saying that bitshares has the power to shut down Guantanamo?

Nope.  I'm saying we have more of this to look forward to in the crypto world:
Ross Ulbricht.  Silk Road = Truly Free Market = Terrorism = Prison

Aaron Swartz

Bradley Manning

And so many more...
« Last Edit: April 15, 2015, 04:49:25 am by fuzzy »

Offline leroyJenkins

• View Profile

And what if most of the population knows nothing of technology but still relies on the television to tell them what to fear?
And what if the "terrorists" attack the technology that most people rely on but do not understand and people like us are caught in the crosshairs in making decisions to "keep everyone safe" ...or, like George Bush Jr said "you are either with us, or you're with the terrorists"? Which side do we choose when confronted by temporary wealth and power...or true freedom for all and Guantanamo?

I wish I could say this is a choice we will never have to make. Something in my gut tells me otherwise....

Are you saying that bitshares has the power to shut down Guantanamo?

Offline fuzzy

That said I am fascinated by how the technology supports libertarianism now more than ever and I suspect we are on the forefront of a peaceful revolution.

It feels that way now but it seems to me like that could end in an instant.

2 people get killed and it's justification for c-51?  Could you imagine if Zehaf-Bibeau had even $0.10 of bitUSD?   There's no free speech laws in Canada to protect open source software, and judging from initial poll numbers on c-51, we're a people who tend to over react in the greatest of fashions.

And what if the "terrorists" attack the technology that most people rely on but do not understand and people like us are caught in the crosshairs in making decisions to "keep everyone safe" ...or, like George Bush Jr said "you are either with us, or you're with the terrorists"? Which side do we choose when confronted by temporary wealth and power...or true freedom for all and Guantanamo?   <---if incentives rule the world, these carrots and sticks are hard to beat...

« Last Edit: April 15, 2015, 04:51:10 am by fuzzy »

Offline emailtooaj

Sorry, but after reading this thread (as with many others here) it makes me wonder. Did the American forefathers have these types of discussions when crafting and constructing the Constitution?? Lol
Apply that thought to today, it's like us trying to craft and build the Constitution 2.0 of today's time.
Trying to break free from tyrannical government suppression...breaking free from stripped rights of life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness... Breaking free from burdensome taxation and a centralized monetary rule.
To bad. I Didn't smoke a joint to think of this lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sound Editor of Beyondbitcoin Hangouts. Listen to latest here - https://beyondbitcoin.org support the Hangouts! BTS Tri-Fold Brochure https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,15169.0.html
Tip BROWNIE.PTS to EMAILTOOAJ

Offline leroyJenkins

• View Profile

That said I am fascinated by how the technology supports libertarianism now more than ever and I suspect we are on the forefront of a peaceful revolution.

It feels that way now but it seems to me like that could end in an instant.

2 people get killed and it's justification for c-51?  Could you imagine if Zehaf-Bibeau had even $0.10 of bitUSD?   There's no free speech laws in Canada to protect open source software, and judging from initial poll numbers on c-51, we're a people who tend to over react in the greatest of fashions.

Offline fuzzy

Change is a choice. 
I personally feel so blessed to have found a project like bitshares..but then again I did alot of looking.

I'm very glad to have had the chance to meet both of you in discussion as well :)

And as for leeroy...what an epic name from an epic game...
UBRS baby!

Offline Globally Distributed

• View Profile
It does us a GREAT disservice to dismiss the obvious corruption that brought us all to crypto in the first place as "tinfoil hat" stuff. 

I am playing devil's advocate more than anything.  I am a capitalist and want to see BitShares succeed, and I have grown extremely fond of the pursuit of life liberty and property for all. I also think the pursuit of truth is neccesary and valuable to the project.

However, what actually brought me into Crypto.. I was 13 years old and I wanted to buy some things without my parents knowing.  .. Well, I couldn't do it because of KYC on cash cards, no access to a cash paying job, and lack of understanding of how all the payment system / money hocus pocus worked.  I must have suppressed that desire to be free with my money, but it absolutely erupted when I discovered Bitcoin and BitShares 10 years later in 2013. 

You could lump that in as discovering the corruption and wag the finger at big gov't, but it seems to me technology was never available to act as an economically optimal or peaceful state transition machine.  That said I am fascinated by how the technology supports libertarianism now more than ever and I suspect we are on the forefront of a peaceful revolution.
"People don't buy what you do, they buy why you do it."  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4ZoJKF_VuA

kudos robrigo