Author Topic: List your skills and be known  (Read 7529 times)

Offline CWEvans

• View Profile
Dot.Com Era moneypunk refugee from the business side of the house.

MA in Economics (Austrian School and Public Choice), PhD in Finance (Investments and Corporate).

Expert Witness for financial cases.

Programming—other than playing around a little bit with Python, Haskell, and Smalltalk—limited to R/S+.

Research includes estimating value of non-traded assets, like open educational resources, executive compensation, etc.

Published on estimating long-term value of early-stage startup experiencing exceptional growth.

Stay current with financial cryptography and cryptocurrency regulatory issues.

Offline jamesc

Professional Java programmer since 1997 (17 years).  I have many other technical skills including Python and C/C++ reading and programing. 

-GUI Skills - HTML, JavaScript, Swing/JFC, MVC frameworks, Android development and deployment processes

-Cross Platform Development Skills - Java & Java Web-start, Bash, Ruby/JRuby, JavaScript, Python/Jython, SQL

-Ability to write efficiently - I reduce lines of code and write very clear easy to understand programs and documentation

-Crypto Skills - Private Key, Public Key, SHA libs, and block-chain programming with bitcoinj .. Understand algorithms at a high-level or low level when required

-Graphics Skills - Layers and manipulations in Gimp

When looking for work on the Internet in 2002 (after the .com bubble), my interest in P2P software peeked.  Projects like Freenet and Tor and some anonymous bot networks became the center of my study.  Studying these things served me well because I recognized the benefit in Bitcoins and the block-chain.  Ignoring skepticism, I invested in Bitcoins in 2012.  Today, I am also investing in alt-coins and DACs like those offered by Invictus.  These are very exciting times, I feel like we are going through this all over again and I'm very eager to make the most of every minute.

http://www.linkedin.com/in/jcalfee

Interests: Family, organic living, fermented foods, digital music and technology

Offline prateek300588

• View Profile
I'm an Entrepreneur

Although a Mechanical engineer, I have mainly fostered skills during Employment in areas of

System Design & Analysis(Management)
Designing the Human Interface (Minimal visual diarrhea + maximum application)

Offline tomorrow

• View Profile
I am a researcher, drunk and father (all in good sense)
I am familiar with Unix and python.
I am specialized in machine learning and Riemannian geometry.
more than 10 years of scientific projects in Artificial Intelligence
I am good at scientific writing.
I am new to crypto-currency and looking for interesting stuff. :D
« Last Edit: January 15, 2014, 09:02:39 pm by tomorrow »
Vote for seraphim to lead a team of supporters as MMC CSO
Send 0.00000001 to MVTEcsoL9GvfezMUgEDnhr7ioRAsByuTAv

Offline bytemaster

I'm an academic level software engineer. C++, C#, Java, Python, Ruby, PHP, etc.

IRL I'm working as a freelance webdeveloper at the moment.

Currently programming and maintaining the bots for primecoin, protoshares and memorycoin on IRC. If you have a feature request, send me a message.

Check out the bountiful bounties subforum, we will be doing a lot of feature requests totaling over $2 million worth of PTS.
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline 5chdn

• i wonder how many chars i can put in this field 50
    • View Profile
    • Votesapp
  • GitHub: 5chdn
I'm an academic level software engineer. C++, C#, Java, Python, Ruby, PHP, etc.

IRL I'm working as a freelance webdeveloper at the moment.

Currently programming and maintaining the bots for primecoin, protoshares and memorycoin on IRC. If you have a feature request, send me a message.

Offline bytemaster

I am a professional software engineer
PHP over four Years
C/C++ over three Years
and so many other development of language

I am just know BTC and PTS at a month ago. But  I'm interested it.

Please checkout our bounties as we are trying to make them profitable for all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline peterzz

• View Profile
I am a professional software engineer
PHP over four Years
C/C++ over three Years
and so many other development of language

I am just know BTC and PTS at a month ago. But  I'm interested it.

Offline que23

• View Profile
I'm a professional Software Engineer and Linux systems developer.  My skills are on linkedin: http://www.linkedin.com/pub/david-dombrowsky/15/344/943

But I gotta be honest with you all, I'm not convinced that this isn't a scam.

-David D.

You can review everything they do on github. If it looks like a scam, please notify me immediately!  ;)

But unlike all the altcoins, Invictus has public profiles and strong ties to the Bitcoin community.
PTS: Pa75dEzGkMcnM85hRMbdKiS1YdF81rnSCF

Offline alatvian

• View Profile
I'm a professional Software Engineer and Linux systems developer.  My skills are on linkedin: http://www.linkedin.com/pub/david-dombrowsky/15/344/943

But I gotta be honest with you all, I'm not convinced that this isn't a scam.

-David D.

Offline arcke

• View Profile
    • Diaspora
I might be able to do something depending on my time and the work available. I am a programmer and systems engineer with a BSc. in computing science. I am able to use many languages, but lack experience with the bitcoin software and derivatives except for some personal use of my own. I have about 3 years experience working as a software engineer and 12 years working as an amateur and student with all kinds of systems. I do have experience in C++ and application development and a healthy interest and motivation to work on any projects working towards practical use and implementation of DACs.

Some skills taken from an older CV

UML, formal methods, cryptography

Java, Python, C, C++, Haskell, Object Pascal

UNIX (OpenBSD, FreeBSD) GNU/Linux (Debian, Ubuntu)
OpenPGP: 0x22d7e9cc35375665
PTS - PawnbhoiXhmkrKJEPAsCiwkpP81nRXJGTD
Diaspora profile - https://pod.orkz.net/u/arcke

Offline bytemaster

I think this could be very helpful.   Making it sticky.

Can you post the skills it takes to be a DAC developer? I have people in the trenches of my city looking for talent.

It takes all different skills.   

GUI Skills
Cross Platform Development Skills
Ability to write efficient skills
Crypto Skills
Graphics Skills

In my case I am looking for C++11 / Qt skills.

Offline que23

• View Profile

Can you post the skills it takes to be a DAC developer? I have people in the trenches of my city looking for talent.
PTS: Pa75dEzGkMcnM85hRMbdKiS1YdF81rnSCF

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
Pretty strong C, Python, Haskell, and Java skills. I'm still in college but have about 1 year professional experience via internships.

You should give me one-off programming tasks that won't go in any official releases.

edit: spelling
« Last Edit: December 24, 2013, 05:02:32 am by toast »
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline bytemaster