Author Topic: How will founder IDs be distributed?  (Read 8221 times)

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
Guys thank youvery much!! Really appreciate your prompt feedbacks. This really helps a lot and I have a better idea about Kehotee now! I will send tips to both of you soon.

What confuses me are the following regarding Memory Coin:
1. My wallet qt has many adresses with different amounts. Do I need to dump the private keys for each one of the adresses and import all the private keys to MMC wallet?

2. Since I will import the private keys to MMC wallet, isn't this dangerous? I guess no one can see my private keys in MMC wallet unless the y get access to my wallets correct? I mean this information doesn't get sent anywhere in the internet and it is safe as long as I don't have any malware?

3. What is "600" after my wallet passphrase on the tutorial? Just curious...

4. Just to make sure I understand correctly the whole PTS. Once I import my PTS private key to MMC wallet I will still have the same amount of PTS in my PTS wallet and for each of 10PTS i will have 1 MMC in my MMC wallet. And then I can use again and again my PTS to claim new coins that honor PTS correct?

5. Finally, if I don't know the amount of each PTS adress that I hold, and I don't remeber if some PTS were purchased after 12-12-13, or some that I purchased later were sent to an adress that had already some PTS from before that date what happens? Do I just import the private key of that adress anyway and it doesn't matter since the system will know how many were purchased before that date?

Once I get these answers things will be much clearer than before!!! And I will then do all that and see what happens..

AGAIN THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

Offline phoenix

• View Profile
Hi,

Unfortunately I am a newbie to cryptos and I am really having difficulties to follow your language...For example I don'tunderstand the whole statement "Yes I3 says founders will create their key pair with alpha version in the test network, then send pub key to I3 to dump into genesis block." Which genesis block? where can this be found? What keys? Are you reffering to the block that will be created in New year's eve? Do we need to do anything?

Can someone with simple words explain in detail the whole process for claiming the Kehotee ID? I was an early founder of Kehotee, (even if I believe I am one of the poorest person here in BTCs) only because I am a believer and I really like the whole concept of PTS and Kehotee and what Invictus want to achieve, but I still don't know what I have to do, when and how..and this makes me sad... :(

Same applies with Protoshares... As far as I understand so far, we can use our PTS to every new crypto that comes in the way and want to honor PTS. We have to import our wallet dat file to the new coin file? I am not sure I even know how to do this..When will bitshares come along? What is the time frame?

I understand that Memory Coin was the first coin to honor PTS. I check the forum almost everyday and I don't know how I missed that. And even when I read it I didn't know what to do and when...and as far as I understand that's gone now and I can't use my PTS to benefit from Memory Coin...

I was wondering if it would be possible from the developers to send us an email with instructions on how to do these things and when everytime something new is coming along.??

I understand that most of you know how these things work and might get frustrated by my comments and questions above. Maybe some might say " do your research and search the forum" and staff like that...But you need to consider that people with no IT knowledge and no special skills should be able to follow and understand. I am reading the forum all the time, I am spending a lot of time to understand how things move and what I will have to do but now I have read so many things that I am really confused...And if I miss again something like I 've missed Memory coin it will make me even more sad...

Please make things easier to follow!!! Don't use strange words all the time and explain the processes as you would do to a small child... For eg.
step 1...
step 2 ... etc
with links and everything that is necessary...

I appologise for my ignorance. Just need desperate help with simple instructions...

Thank you all very much in advance!

Claiming a Keyhotee founder ID:

First of all, Invictus Innovations Incorporated (I3) hasn't said exactly how this will work, but it will be something like this:

Step 1, I3 will release a program that you can use to mine out your founders ID
Step 2, you will download that program, and mine out your founders ID
Step 3, you will retrieve the public key (which is the key people use to send you messages), and send it to I3. The details of how to do this will be available when they release the mining program
Step 4, I3 will mine out the genesis block for Keyhotee, and it will have your founders ID built in, along with your public key, so people can send you messages!
Step 5, hopefully your private key (the key you use to read your messages)(keep this safe at all costs!) will be transferred to your Keyhotee wallet automatically, if not, there will be a guide somewhere on how to import it

MemoryCoin:

It's not to late get your memorycoins! as long as you had PTS in your wallet when block 32000 was mined out (2013-12-12 08:05:310), you can still get them!

here's a very good tutorial: http://memorycoin.montaxx.me/howto.php

Is there anything else you need cleared up?
Protoshares: Pg5EhSZEXHFjdFUzpxJbm91UtA54iUuDvt
Bitmessage: BM-NBrGi2V3BZ8REnJM7FPxUjjkQp7V5D28

Offline Troglodactyl

• View Profile
Hi Zeus,

I understand the difficulty.  It's good that Invictus is busy preparing for the launch, but support and education for the less crypto experienced investors does suffer for it.

First off, you have not missed MemoryCoin, as long as you still have access to the same Protoshares wallet you had when it was launched.  The MemoryCoins you got for holding Protoshares will be there waiting for you whenever you get around to it.  There should be a stickied thread on how to do this eventually, I'll see what I can do...

My understanding of Founder's ID distribution is that Invictus will provide us with a program (the alpha version of Keyhotee) available for download in the next few days, we will each run it and fill in our profile information, and it will either generate a file which we will then send back to Invictus for inclusion in Keyhotee at launch, or we'll create identities in the alpha chain and they'll copy them from there.

Hope this helps...

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
Hi,

Unfortunately I am a newbie to cryptos and I am really having difficulties to follow your language...For example I don'tunderstand the whole statement "Yes I3 says founders will create their key pair with alpha version in the test network, then send pub key to I3 to dump into genesis block." Which genesis block? where can this be found? What keys? Are you reffering to the block that will be created in New year's eve? Do we need to do anything?

Can someone with simple words explain in detail the whole process for claiming the Kehotee ID? I was an early founder of Kehotee, (even if I believe I am one of the poorest person here in BTCs) only because I am a believer and I really like the whole concept of PTS and Kehotee and what Invictus want to achieve, but I still don't know what I have to do, when and how..and this makes me sad... :(

Same applies with Protoshares... As far as I understand so far, we can use our PTS to every new crypto that comes in the way and want to honor PTS. We have to import our wallet dat file to the new coin file? I am not sure I even know how to do this..When will bitshares come along? What is the time frame?

I understand that Memory Coin was the first coin to honor PTS. I check the forum almost everyday and I don't know how I missed that. And even when I read it I didn't know what to do and when...and as far as I understand that's gone now and I can't use my PTS to benefit from Memory Coin...

I was wondering if it would be possible from the developers to send us an email with instructions on how to do these things and when everytime something new is coming along.??

I understand that most of you know how these things work and might get frustrated by my comments and questions above. Maybe some might say " do your research and search the forum" and staff like that...But you need to consider that people with no IT knowledge and no special skills should be able to follow and understand. I am reading the forum all the time, I am spending a lot of time to understand how things move and what I will have to do but now I have read so many things that I am really confused...And if I miss again something like I 've missed Memory coin it will make me even more sad...

Please make things easier to follow!!! Don't use strange words all the time and explain the processes as you would do to a small child... For eg.
step 1...
step 2 ... etc
with links and everything that is necessary...

I appologise for my ignorance. Just need desperate help with simple instructions...

Thank you all very much in advance!

Offline coolspeed

• View Profile
    • My Blog
Yes I3 says founders will create their key pair with alpha version in the test network, then send pub key to I3 to dump into genesis block.
Please vote for  delegate.coolspeed    dac.coolspeed
BTS account: coolspeed
Sina Weibo:@coolspeed

Offline dacer

• View Profile
Good question. I bet for 3 ids already :)

Offline gigamike

Since IDs are non-transferrable, how will I end up with a unique private key that ties to my name? Will I3 distribute keypair generation code between christmas and new years, and then we have to send the public key to I3 to include in the genesis block?

good question. How it will be ???

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
Since IDs are non-transferrable, how will I end up with a unique private key that ties to my name? Will I3 distribute keypair generation code between christmas and new years, and then we have to send the public key to I3 to include in the genesis block?
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.