Author Topic: Brainstorming - metaexchange feature  (Read 3965 times)

Offline speedy

• View Profile
  • BitShares: speedy
Paul, Im not sure why I want a refund address feature. I used Metaexchange and was happy.

Wouldnt it be a much more useful to help the web-wallet guys integrate Metaexchange behind the scenes into a new Deposit/Withdraw page on the web wallet?

An easy deposit system is the most urgent thing that the web wallet is lacking right now. Its just not as integrated as a regular altcoin exchange.

Offline monsterer

we can just use a BitShares transaction to "register" your funding address to an account

1. I want to use my BitShares Account "Shentist" so i send a small BTS transfer to metaexchange with my Bitcoin address

done :D

I had considered something like this, but I wanted to keep it simple(er) if possible :)

edit: actually, the more I think about it, we can make this easy for users with an auto generated bitshares URL... Ok, great! :)
« Last Edit: April 21, 2015, 07:40:32 pm by monsterer »
My opinions do not represent those of metaexchange unless explicitly stated.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
And you can sign that message with the active/owner key

Offline Shentist

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • metaexchange
  • BitShares: shentist
we can just use a BitShares transaction to "register" your funding address to an account

1. I want to use my BitShares Account "Shentist" so i send a small BTS transfer to metaexchange with my Bitcoin address

done :D

Offline monsterer

Hi guys,

I wanted to brainstorm refund addresses in metaexchange. As it stands bitcoin transactions are refunded if necessary and sent back to where they came from. This is fine mostly, except when users withdraw from an exchange or hosted wallet of some kind where they don't own the addresses they send from.

We could add a 'refund address' parameter to metaexchange to fix this problem, but it can be gamed because we store and associate data with the bitshares account name (deposit address, and soon price and expiry time). An attacker could simply run through all bitshares account names on the site adding their own bitcoin address as the refund address for each account.

You might suggest that we don't store refund address in the DB, making them single use. The problem with that is people often store their metaexchange deposit addresses in their wallet and don't even use the site at all when they want to convert funds (which is entirely within our design spec).

I'd love to hear if anyone has an alternative to address this problem? :)

Cheers, Paul.

My opinions do not represent those of metaexchange unless explicitly stated.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads