Author Topic: Not connecting  (Read 1983 times)

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
Thank you very much Ken. I tried this last night and everything worked perfectly. My wallet has been upgraded to 0.9 version.
I have been following the forums very closely and I'm excited with the progress happening behind the scenes. Good look on you delegate position. I agree that marketing is the way forward because the devs seem to be the smartest in the business. Apparently VC's are starting to see this as well.

That's awesome!
And I'd love your vote too, if you have a sec, thanx for that!
We're kinda light on the marketing side right now till all the features are crammed in there and we've got it as bug free as possible, but it's really looking good now from where it was even a month ago. 
I'm here for ya Slappy should you need anything at all.
Thanx again and Welcome! :)
Cheerz,
  -ken

kenCode - Decentraliser @ Agorise
Matrix/Keybase/Hive/Commun/Github: @Agorise
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline Slappy

• View Profile
  • BitShares: slappy
Thank you very much Ken. I tried this last night and everything worked perfectly. My wallet has been upgraded to 0.9 version.

I have been following the forums very closely and I'm excited with the progress happening behind the scenes. Good look on you delegate position. I agree that marketing is the way forward because the devs seem to be the smartest in the business. Apparently VC's are starting to see this as well.

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
I tried to run the upgrades from the menu and it said that "there's no new updates." But now with the "not connected" issue I don't think that's even possible.
as a side note I switched internet providers in this time period but I don't think that would even be an issue.
As you can tell I'm not very good with the technical aspects.  I looked on the github updates from  Vikram and I"m not sure which link to click on for a Mac desktop.
Thank you very much for your help Xeroc. I'm sorry for the beginner issues.

Hi Slappy, and Welcome :)

Until version 1.0 is released, that Upgrade menu item is disabled.
The code right now still requires you to upgrade to v0.9.0 though so that it can sync up.

For your Mac, here's the download link from bitshares.org:
https://bitshares.org/binaries/BitShares-0.9.0.dmg

Just extract all the files into a folder, run the BitShares executable, login, and give it a day to sync up again, all the way.
Then you'll see your transactions and balances in there.
Let me know if that helps a bit, if not, just PM me and I can skype with you too, no problem.
Cheerz,
  -ken
kenCode - Decentraliser @ Agorise
Matrix/Keybase/Hive/Commun/Github: @Agorise
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline Chronos

I see your problem. You are trying to sell your BTS! Nice try.  :P

Seriously, though, I think you need to download 0.9 from the website, rather than through the menu of the old client.

Offline Slappy

• View Profile
I tried to run the upgrades from the menu and it said that "there's no new updates." But now with the "not connected" issue I don't think that's even possible.

as a side note I switched internet providers in this time period but I don't think that would even be an issue.

As you can tell I'm not very good with the technical aspects.  I looked on the github updates from  Vikram and I"m not sure which link to click on for a Mac desktop.

Thank you very much for your help Xeroc. I'm sorry for the beginner issues.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
you are REQUIRED to run 0.9.0 ... what's the issue with upgrading?

Offline Slappy

• View Profile
Hello,

I have wallet 0.6.1 and haven't been able to update in over a month. I would like to transfer BTS from bter.com but am not able to. First it was hanging on block (about 207,000) and now my wallet is not connecting at all. I tried restoring my wallet from backup and I'm still getting the same issue.

Any help with this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you