Author Topic: Coinmarketcap 8th place Bitshares 8,5m  (Read 10975 times)

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav
At this point we should stop caring about the price.

+5% BitShares is one of the few currencies that's not meant for "daytraders" in my opinion.

We need an actual ecosystem, a reason for people to use BitUSD.

Offline cube

• Bit by bit, we will get there!
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bitcube

In a normal startup company.  The investors would not be a bunch of chinese and western guys, of which 99% of whom have no idea how anything works and who bought because it was going up and sell because its going down.  But in Bitshares thats what we have. 

Seriously??  The western guys and especially Chinese forumers have been complaining the merger killer, the dilution killer, the constant 'flip-flop' decisions-on-impulse, the 'forever' buggy and unreliable wallet, the no-milestone-map ....  On the contrary, they know very well what is happening.

I was not referring to the forum participants here.  I am referring to the people who follow trollboxes on exchanges and just buy whatever is hot that people tell them to buy.  Those people dont understand bitshares at all, so they just sell when it goes back down.

I hope you are not suggesting that 99% of the current bts investors are in fact pure speculators behind the exchanges' trollboxes.  What happened to the ags&pts founding investors, the later investors and believers, holders in bts?  Are they gone?  We have a problem.
ID: bitcube
bitcube is a dedicated witness and committe member. Please vote for bitcube.

Offline Overthetop

My biggest concern is how we are going to fund developers when the donations dry up. Delegate pay is nowhere near enough now and only getting less and less. There is clearly very little disposable income left in the space else moonstone would have been funded by now.

Shouldn't we be reaching out to VC's? Why aren't VC's buying Bitshares with it's potential to be so lucrative?

It's honestly getting to the stage where I don't know if I'm just crazy or the rest of the world is blind...

Probably both

I was just talking with a VC today who is in the process of buying a fiat exchange and is interested in funding us to integrate.   Funding developers is not going to be a problem. 

In reality these low prices are HELPING us attract VC money because they can buy in and capture a stake.

Good News.  +5%
个人微博账号: Overthetop_万里晴空
“块链创新与创业”交流群: 330378613

Offline wallace

• View Profile

I was just talking with a VC today who is in the process of buying a fiat exchange and is interested in funding us to integrate.   Funding developers is not going to be a problem. 

In reality these low prices are HELPING us attract VC money because they can buy in and capture a stake.

This is the best news I have heard for a long time.  I hope this time it does not end up just talk (reference 'the coming-soon bts debit card', 'exchanges eager to become gateways, 'secret sauce',  ...).

+5% +5%
give me money, I will do...

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander

In a normal startup company.  The investors would not be a bunch of chinese and western guys, of which 99% of whom have no idea how anything works and who bought because it was going up and sell because its going down.  But in Bitshares thats what we have. 

Seriously??  The western guys and especially Chinese forumers have been complaining the merger killer, the dilution killer, the constant 'flip-flop' decisions-on-impulse, the 'forever' buggy and unreliable wallet, the no-milestone-map ....  On the contrary, they know very well what is happening.

I was not referring to the forum participants here.  I am referring to the people who follow trollboxes on exchanges and just buy whatever is hot that people tell them to buy.  Those people dont understand bitshares at all, so they just sell when it goes back down.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline cube

• Bit by bit, we will get there!
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bitcube

This is the best news I have heard for a long time.  I hope this time it does not end up just talk (reference 'the coming-soon bts debit card', 'exchanges eager to become gateways, 'secret sauce',  ...).

Agreed, I only see BitShares growing, more wallets coming out and a lot of good news. Bitcoin and all the alts are down too, we're not alone.
I'm buying BTS as fast as I can afford it too, this is one investment in my life that I refuse to miss out on.

You only agree because that is what you WANT it to do. You know nothing about what the future will bring. Everybody has been saying the exact same thing despite all the so called past milestones that have been reached. And look  where BTS is. It is collapsing, not growing. Users are leaving, internal market volume is shrinking, market cap and market share are shrinking....

If you get voted in, you can go full time? Really? Do you know how much a full time delegate pays in real world cash right now? Practically nothing. Or is your productivity contingent on a delegate and not time or interference with your real day job. As in this is your hobby and you want to get paid to do your hobby?

I always enjoy the dose of realism from you, especially among the increasing amount of bs and over-hyping popping up.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2015, 04:01:45 am by cube »
ID: bitcube
bitcube is a dedicated witness and committe member. Please vote for bitcube.

Offline mike623317

• View Profile
Agreed, I only see BitShares growing, more wallets coming out and a lot of good news. Bitcoin and all the alts are down too, we're not alone.
I'm buying BTS as fast as I can afford it too, this is one investment in my life that I refuse to miss out on.

I'm translating all of Max's videos right now too, plus I am creating open source subtitles files that can be translated into any language.
https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,15840.0.html

If I get voted in as a Delegate and can go full-time, then I'll be able to push Max's videos and the Wikipedia page I'm working on and such to every country on earth...
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1vg-N7NbX5J5FC9EvxRqjoRqXyl9f2oNpQnphk1yW5Jw/edit

I'm watching our volume and new user count more than anything. Software just sits there if we don't get the word out.

Good job Ken. You have my vote

Offline Frodo

• View Profile
  • BitShares: frodo
BTC is even bigger disappointment than BTS. It's failure reflects on all altcoin projects.

And now it's super hard to raise money for such cool projects like Moonstone. Alas, just a half and a year ago people were giving away 100+ BTC to scammers at BTT and now they can't spare a few for a killer wallet, wth.  >:(

I think it was a big mistake to go +15% on BTS instead of going +15% on bitUSD. That would have been the perfect opportunity to attract more Bitcoin guys to BitShares. But with such a BTS downtrend no one cares about +15%, except BTS bulls which are mostly out of fiat already. Maybe we have been to greedy to want +15% on our BTS.

Maybe they can still add a bitUSD option and market to bitcoin users. It would be a much needed signal to see some money flowing into moonstone.

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile
toast to toast for perhaps single handedly turning BTS back around without buying a single BTS  +5%
Hired by blockchain | Developer
delegate: dev.sidhujag

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan

Truth.  +5%

The low prices make it possible for the people who predict the future by creating it to accumulate enough to make it worthwhile.

Indeed.

Usually in startups/VC, the equity in the company is held by a small number of investors who are long term believers, knowledgeable about the company, and who are strong hands who would not panic and sell their stake if the valuation went down.  In fact, the shares at that point are not even tradable. 

It is a unique thing about cryptocurrencies that they have allowed average people to act like venture capitalists, buying into crypto IPOs.  This is very cool.  And yet, sadly in the current state of crypto, there are just a ton of people running around out there buying and selling cryptocoins that have NO understanding whatsoever of the technology.  And so many of them are weak hands, momentum buyers, who just buy pumps and sell dumps and have no idea what coins are good or bad, other than to look at what coin is going up or down.

Even then, while the average person might be able to grasp a basic idea of what Bitocin means, that is, they can understand the short explanation or 'story' of bitcoin, understanding Bitshares is more difficult by an order of magnitude.  Without a finance/economics/trading background, you CANNOT understand it.  You will not have the slightest clue how bitAssets work, and about shorting and collateral and margin calls, or anything!  And so most people cannot distinguish between Bitshares and the tons of other crap out there.  The other coins all have nice one line summaries of their 'story', like "Darkcoin is anoynmous", or "Dogecoin is fun and has cute dog pictures".  And they understand those things.  But Bitshares is incomprehensible financial mumbo jumbo to them, and so all they see is that the price is going down, therefore it must suck. 

In a normal startup company.  The investors would not be a bunch of chinese and western guys, of which 99% of whom have no idea how anything works and who bought because it was going up and sell because its going down.  But in Bitshares thats what we have.  The current bear market is grinding out most of these people, and those that remain are either those who understand bitshares, or those who are very very stubborn.  (In investing, an average amount of stubbornness is terrible for your health!  It means you hold through the early declines but then sell late, near the bottom!  You need to either be quick to bail, or you need to hold through everything and come out the other side).

A brilliant analysis!  +1

This also means that, right now, a lot of BTS are being transferred into stronger hands making this less likely to happen in the future.

Thus, our increased focus on reaching people who will use the products and services (entrepreneurs and consumers) rather than those who casually speculate on the underlying base asset will produce far less sensitivity to weak hands in the days ahead.

Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline Ander

• View Profile

Truth.  +5%

The low prices make it possible for the people who predict the future by creating it to accumulate enough to make it worthwhile.

Indeed.

Usually in startups/VC, the equity in the company is held by a small number of investors who are long term believers, knowledgeable about the company, and who are strong hands who would not panic and sell their stake if the valuation went down.  In fact, the shares at that point are not even tradable. 

It is a unique thing about cryptocurrencies that they have allowed average people to act like venture capitalists, buying into crypto IPOs.  This is very cool.  And yet, sadly in the current state of crypto, there are just a ton of people running around out there buying and selling cryptocoins that have NO understanding whatsoever of the technology.  And so many of them are weak hands, momentum buyers, who just buy pumps and sell dumps and have no idea what coins are good or bad, other than to look at what coin is going up or down.

Even then, while the average person might be able to grasp a basic idea of what Bitocin means, that is, they can understand the short explanation or 'story' of bitcoin, understanding Bitshares is more difficult by an order of magnitude.  Without a finance/economics/trading background, you CANNOT understand it.  You will not have the slightest clue how bitAssets work, and about shorting and collateral and margin calls, or anything!  And so most people cannot distinguish between Bitshares and the tons of other crap out there.  The other coins all have nice one line summaries of their 'story', like "Darkcoin is anoynmous", or "Dogecoin is fun and has cute dog pictures".  And they understand those things.  But Bitshares is incomprehensible financial mumbo jumbo to them, and so all they see is that the price is going down, therefore it must suck. 

In a normal startup company.  The investors would not be a bunch of chinese and western guys, of which 99% of whom have no idea how anything works and who bought because it was going up and sell because its going down.  But in Bitshares thats what we have.  The current bear market is grinding out most of these people, and those that remain are either those who understand bitshares, or those who are very very stubborn.  (In investing, an average amount of stubbornness is terrible for your health!  It means you hold through the early declines but then sell late, near the bottom!  You need to either be quick to bail, or you need to hold through everything and come out the other side). 

https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline carpet ride

• View Profile

You only agree because that is what you WANT it to do. You know nothing about what the future will bring. Everybody has been saying the exact same thing despite all the so called past milestones that have been reached. And look  where BTS is. It is collapsing, not growing. Users are leaving, internal market volume is shrinking, market cap and market share are shrinking....

I'm translating all of Max's videos right now too, plus I am creating open source subtitles files that can be translated into any language.

If I get voted in as a Delegate and can go full-time, then I'll be able to push Max's videos and the Wikipedia page I'm working on and such to every country on earth...
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1vg-N7NbX5J5FC9EvxRqjoRqXyl9f2oNpQnphk1yW5Jw/edit

If you get voted in, you can go full time? Really? Do you know how much a full time delegate pays in real world cash right now? Practically nothing. Or is your productivity contingent on a delegate and not time or interference with your real day job. As in this is your hobby and you want to get paid to do your hobby?
I'm watching our volume and new user count more than anything. Software just sits there if we don't get the word out.

Can you provide numbers to back what you say above? If you can provide numbers then make a thread based on those numbers and no one can disagree. Numbers don't lie.

Here are some telling numbers... I clicked a random page to see the number of new users on this forum in the past on a given day, I happened to click this date https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?action=mlist;sort=registered;desc;start=1080 from January, the entire page is filled up with new forum members from a single day. On the other hand, click most recent https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?action=mlist;sort=registered;desc;start=0 and it takes more than a week to fill up a page of new members.

We used to get a lot more fake accounts too...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
All opinions are my own. Anything said on this forum does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation between myself and anyone else.
Check out my blog: http://CertainAssets.com
Buy the ticket, take the ride.

Offline mint chocolate chip

Can you provide numbers to back what you say above? If you can provide numbers then make a thread based on those numbers and no one can disagree. Numbers don't lie.

Here are some telling numbers... I clicked a random page to see the number of new users on this forum in the past on a given day, I happened to click this date https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?action=mlist;sort=registered;desc;start=1080 from January, the entire page is filled up with new forum members from a single day. On the other hand, click most recent https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?action=mlist;sort=registered;desc;start=0 and it takes more than a week to fill up a page of new members.

Offline clayop

• View Profile
    • Bitshares Korea
  • BitShares: clayop
And then add a month or two because everything is always late. :P

:P

Return of the toast may mean the complete of Peertrack. Buy NOTE!
Bitshares Korea - http://www.bitshares.kr
Vote for me and see Korean Bitshares community grows
delegate-clayop

Offline Ander

• View Profile
This month (April) or upcoming month (May)?

I'd assume may.  And then add a month or two because everything is always late. :P