Author Topic: Coinmarketcap 8th place Bitshares 8,5m  (Read 10972 times)

Offline clayop

• View Profile
    • Bitshares Korea
  • BitShares: clayop
This month (April) or upcoming month (May)?
Bitshares Korea - http://www.bitshares.kr
Vote for me and see Korean Bitshares community grows
delegate-clayop

Offline speedy

• View Profile
  • BitShares: speedy
You only agree because that is what you WANT it to do.

Arent we allowed to hope for a desired outcome which is not unreasonable? Otherwise we would all just give up, lose interest and sell. You certainly havent because youre still here.

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
Toast returning would be amazing.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline nomoreheroes7

• King of all the land
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: nomoreheroes7
It's true ahah maybe because of that I don't worry about the price too much, because I don't care about short term profits and invested ready for the long term.

To be honest I only worry about one thing with these low prices, is how can they affect delegates and development. As long as delegates have enough money to accomplish what their milestones I'm at ease.

This most accurately parallels my position as well.

I was just talking with a VC today who is in the process of buying a fiat exchange and is interested in funding us to integrate.   Funding developers is not going to be a problem. 

In reality these low prices are HELPING us attract VC money because they can buy in and capture a stake.   

While this is what I would suspect to be the case (and for those that care about $$$ ROI first and foremost - consolidation of holdings into a handful of big guns might be beneficial)

What I worry about is how much ideology we might lose in the transition.

I believe in the ability and integrity of bytemaster and the rest of the Dev team, but I am also bothered by the relative absence of Toast, as I viewed him as the Bitshares Devs most transparent ideological indicator.

Toast may be coming back to the fold this month... stay tuned.

If that's not something to get bullish about then I don't know what is!

+5%

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
It's true ahah maybe because of that I don't worry about the price too much, because I don't care about short term profits and invested ready for the long term.

To be honest I only worry about one thing with these low prices, is how can they affect delegates and development. As long as delegates have enough money to accomplish what their milestones I'm at ease.

I was just talking with a VC today who is in the process of buying a fiat exchange and is interested in funding us to integrate.   Funding developers is not going to be a problem. 

In reality these low prices are HELPING us attract VC money because they can buy in and capture a stake.   

While this is what I would suspect to be the case (and for those that care about $$$ ROI first and foremost - consolidation of holdings into a handful of big guns might be beneficial)

I believe in the ability and integrity of bytemaster and the rest of the Dev team, but I am also bothered by the relative absence of Toast, as I viewed him as the Bitshares Devs most transparent ideological indicator.

Wohooo ... plenty of buy signals ;)

Offline bytemaster

For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline bobmaloney

"The crows seemed to be calling his name, thought Caw."
- Jack Handey (SNL)

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado
I'm a Jon Snow regarding day trading

https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Luckybit
Agreed, I only see BitShares growing, more wallets coming out and a lot of good news. Bitcoin and all the alts are down too, we're not alone.
I'm buying BTS as fast as I can afford it too, this is one investment in my life that I refuse to miss out on.

You only agree because that is what you WANT it to do. You know nothing about what the future will bring. Everybody has been saying the exact same thing despite all the so called past milestones that have been reached. And look  where BTS is. It is collapsing, not growing. Users are leaving, internal market volume is shrinking, market cap and market share are shrinking....

I'm translating all of Max's videos right now too, plus I am creating open source subtitles files that can be translated into any language.
https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,15840.0.html

If I get voted in as a Delegate and can go full-time, then I'll be able to push Max's videos and the Wikipedia page I'm working on and such to every country on earth...
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1vg-N7NbX5J5FC9EvxRqjoRqXyl9f2oNpQnphk1yW5Jw/edit

If you get voted in, you can go full time? Really? Do you know how much a full time delegate pays in real world cash right now? Practically nothing. Or is your productivity contingent on a delegate and not time or interference with your real day job. As in this is your hobby and you want to get paid to do your hobby?
I'm watching our volume and new user count more than anything. Software just sits there if we don't get the word out.

Can you provide numbers to back what you say above? If you can provide numbers then make a thread based on those numbers and no one can disagree. Numbers don't lie.

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
BTC is even bigger disappointment than BTS. It's failure reflects on all altcoin projects.

And now it's super hard to raise money for such cool projects like Moonstone. Alas, just a half and a year ago people were giving away 100+ BTC to scammers at BTT and now they can't spare a few for a killer wallet, wth.  >:(

This. It's bitcoin's massive bleed-out over the past 1.5 years that's truly at the heart of all this bearishness. And honestly it only looks like the trend will continue downward with bitcoin. The only things left to look forward to are the ETF and halving next year, but I'd say there's a good chance those are already priced in anyway. These events will probably be used as an excuse to pump the price up a bit, but will be followed by a long bleed-out period all over again.

BitShares has the potential to be everything bitcoin wants to be and a hell of a lot more. That's why I'm still here, and hodling to the bitter end.

This is actually true. It will probably be up and down in cycles.

The point is Bitshares as a community and the developers have to plan ahead for these cycles. While the price is low that is the time to innovate and make dramatic changes because once Bitshares has a billion dollar market cap it's too late to change. Once Bitshares has a billion dollar market cap we are all going along for the ride.

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
BTC is even bigger disappointment than BTS. It's failure reflects on all altcoin projects.

And now it's super hard to raise money for such cool projects like Moonstone. Alas, just a half and a year ago people were giving away 100+ BTC to scammers at BTT and now they can't spare a few for a killer wallet, wth.  >:(

Do you know why? CENTRALIZATION OF MINING EQUALS CENTRALIZATION OF RESOURCES.

A small number of Bitcoin fat cats hold practically all the Bitcoins. They are also encouraging people to spend Bitcoins as much as possible at their shops so they can centralize even more.

This trend began with the switch to ASICs and got much worse when ASICs for Scrypt were developed. Mining centralization meant that all the cash centralized to people who don't care about Bitcoin or it's future and who just want to cash out to pay for equipment or to get rich.

Then you have Bitpay and merchants who might care but who just accept Bitcoin because it's cool and good for business. They probably cash it into fiat instantly so it's never really held or touched. So Bitcoin prices are where they deserve to be and $200 is the bottom.

BTS is a bit more complicated. It's not doing well because there is no marketing. It is actually understandable that developers have to get paid so no one complains about that but a lot of money was wasted on marketing which really only resulted in a pump and dump.

Now the hype train is over and the next hype train might or might not happen with the Bitcoin reward halving. That means we have maybe another year before we could get to above $100 million market cap.

But of course with Bitcoin nothing is really for certain. It could change overnight for BTS if it changes for Bitcoin but ultimately Bitcoin with it's reward schedule and self pressure is causing the money to flow out. Interest in cryptocurrency only seems to be a result of the Bitcoin price reaching all time highs so the next time that happens will be the time when the market recovers for all crypto.

If Bitshares is prepared for it then it should be great for all of us but the challenge is to keep developers and the community motivated until that happens.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2015, 07:27:05 pm by luckybit »

Offline NewMine

• View Profile
Agreed, I only see BitShares growing, more wallets coming out and a lot of good news. Bitcoin and all the alts are down too, we're not alone.
I'm buying BTS as fast as I can afford it too, this is one investment in my life that I refuse to miss out on.

You only agree because that is what you WANT it to do. You know nothing about what the future will bring. Everybody has been saying the exact same thing despite all the so called past milestones that have been reached. And look  where BTS is. It is collapsing, not growing. Users are leaving, internal market volume is shrinking, market cap and market share are shrinking....

I'm translating all of Max's videos right now too, plus I am creating open source subtitles files that can be translated into any language.
https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,15840.0.html

If I get voted in as a Delegate and can go full-time, then I'll be able to push Max's videos and the Wikipedia page I'm working on and such to every country on earth...
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1vg-N7NbX5J5FC9EvxRqjoRqXyl9f2oNpQnphk1yW5Jw/edit

If you get voted in, you can go full time? Really? Do you know how much a full time delegate pays in real world cash right now? Practically nothing. Or is your productivity contingent on a delegate and not time or interference with your real day job. As in this is your hobby and you want to get paid to do your hobby?
I'm watching our volume and new user count more than anything. Software just sits there if we don't get the word out.

Offline clayop

• View Profile
    • Bitshares Korea
  • BitShares: clayop

+5% +5%
Bitshares Korea - http://www.bitshares.kr
Vote for me and see Korean Bitshares community grows
delegate-clayop

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains
My biggest concern is how we are going to fund developers when the donations dry up. Delegate pay is nowhere near enough now and only getting less and less. There is clearly very little disposable income left in the space else moonstone would have been funded by now.

Shouldn't we be reaching out to VC's? Why aren't VC's buying Bitshares with it's potential to be so lucrative?

It's honestly getting to the stage where I don't know if I'm just crazy or the rest of the world is blind...

Probably both

Truth.  +5%

The low prices make it possible for the people who predict the future by creating it to accumulate enough to make it worthwhile.

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
Bitcoin's flaws (the mining, the slow transaction time, and the poor governance structure, for example) have been on full display. I'd like to be hopeful that if BitShares' developers can hang on and tough it out and we end with a really usable product with amazing utility, there should be some interest out there in the path that Bitcoin has blazed. BitShares IS the better mousetrap.

Exactly.
"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win." - Mahatma Gandhi
kenCode - Decentraliser @ Agorise
Matrix/Keybase/Hive/Commun/Github: @Agorise
www.PalmPay.chat