Author Topic: Paid Workers Proposal for Review  (Read 44369 times)

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
I would like to ask: What is the big problem with the current system which requires this change?
Why does this change need to be prioritized now, when we are desperate for things like a stable client?

I think we should avoid creating a huge overhand of vesting BTS which people know will be unlocked at some point in the future.  This could make people think "Well, if I invest in BTS now, I'm going to get dumped on in the future as soon as those shares become unlocked".
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline cube

• Bit by bit, we will get there!
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bitcube
Personally, I would like to see the Core DEVs get additional 30 paid delegates rather than changing the allocation rule again.
+1 (and to be clear here: those 30 or whatever should go to the *core* team in blacksburg)
I would have no problem with that ..
but i see advantages is separating block signers from feed publishes and businesses ... can we have both? .. maybe after 1.0 ..

Yes. I think this is the most logical path.  Even though the Chinese has rejected getting a second delegate for Cass when the bts price dropped some time back, I believe they are more open to a dev having more delegates voted in now.  Dilution should be handled separately eg via a VC fund injection.  Recall BM mentioned a VC is interested in bitshares.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2015, 03:49:59 am by cube »
ID: bitcube
bitcube is a dedicated witness and committe member. Please vote for bitcube.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Personally, I would like to see the Core DEVs get additional 30 paid delegates rather than changing the allocation rule again.
+1 (and to be clear here: those 30 or whatever should go to the *core* team in blacksburg)
I would have no problem with that ..
but i see advantages is separating block signers from feed publishes and businesses ... can we have both? .. maybe after 1.0 ..

Offline pc

• View Profile
    • Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko?
  • BitShares: cyrano
Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko? ISBN 978-3-8442-6568-2 http://bitcoin.quisquis.de

Offline Harvey

• View Profile
BTS       Witness:harvey-xts Seed:128.199.143.47:2015 API:wss://128.199.143.47:2016 
MUSE   Witness:harvey-xts Seed:128.199.143.47:2017 API:ws://128.199.143.47:2018

Offline ripplexiaoshan

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: jademont
Why not selling the diluted BTS shares to VC to get fund to pay for core developers?  The whole voting system is not very functional, because most of the vested shares go to exchange, who do not vote for anybody. Thus I doubt the voting mechanism will work for the case in your proposal. Bitshares will end up dead if there is no new fund.
BTS committee member:jademont

Offline pc

• View Profile
Who will decide, for example, on graphic related tasks, if an design is finished in view of requirements, graphic style, sustainability?
On technical side requirements are much more clearer to communicate ... but for esthetic etc. purposes ... who will decide if a job task is solved?
(used the designer example ... you know why^^)

Couldn't delegates decide on this?

I think nobody wants to have certain delegates (like me) make decisions concerning graphic style. ;-)
Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko? ISBN 978-3-8442-6568-2 http://bitcoin.quisquis.de

Offline oldman

• View Profile
I like the idea; Cube brings up some valid concerns. But overall,  +5%

Offline fuzzy

How about a bounty exchange platform with an Ask/Bid?

This is essentially a bounty auction and exchange platform. It is completely algorithmic in approach and completely automated. It determines the true market price of any kind of labor by reaching the equilibrium point between the supply and demand through the bid/ask.

It would be centralized at first but could be made decentralized, it's also a way to determine who would be selected for the bounty in a completely automated fashion.

It may even allow workers to trade jobs on the exchange provided they do so before the expiration date. This way if a worker bit off more than he could chew he could exchange his bounty with someone else and they'd get paid in his place if they complete it.

Instructions
As the employer first you'd put up your bidding price which is the highest you're willing to pay, then a bunch of potential bid fillers put up their asking price and according to the algorithm it would meet in the middle according to supply and demand at an equilibrium point. This would give the market the true price of the labor.
Input: Employers enter a job description and bidding price to be displayed as the maximum bounty reward.
Input: Employees/Job hunters enter their asking prices, mapped to their Keyhotee IDs.
DAC: An algorithm selects the employee willing to work for the lowest asking price (lowest bounty reward)
DAC: A bot sends an encrypted message to the public key of the Keyhotee ID address and sends a bounty token to their wallet.
DAC: The transaction and exchange exist entirely in a blockchain so that if necessary anyone with that bounty token can exchange their bounty token for anyone else's.
Output1: The job is completed by the expiration date on the bounty token, and the bounty token is redeemed at the true price of labor in the market.
Output2: The job is not completed by the expiration date and the bounty token is never redeemed, therefore it is invalid and expired.
Social Contract: 50% Protoshares, 45% Angelshares, 5% Promotion, Discount and Giveaway shares

What could go wrong? Someone could lose their bounty token and then the bounty would expire wasting valuable time. On the other hand it would save time if someone can trade their received bounty with another person or split their bounty with another person all in automated fashion by using the divisibility of the bounty token. So if I did 90% of the labor and I could not do that final 10% then I could break off 10% of the bounty token and give it to anyone willing to work for it.

Let me know if this idea could work?

^^^^

The gist of the idea is to create a job auction exchange. Jobs are auctioned on the blockchain. A UIA could represent a job and when the job is done all who have the asset can redeem for BitUSD.

Of course it would have to be simplified due to the limitations of the blockchain but ultimately the market should determine things. Let anyone bid for positions. Let the community for up or down the positions from which could be bid for and let the community set the amount it is willing to pay in some algorithmic fashion so that the jobs are auctioned to the lowest bidder.

http://www.jobauctions.com/

IMO an automated DAC is unsuitable for matching workers and jobs, because for an employer the price is only one of many criteria for selecting an employee. An employer may want to hand over a job to a more skilled/experienced worker even if he has to pay a higher price.

You proposal is missing a crucial component: who gets to decide when/if a job has been completed? You're going to need arbitrators in case of a dispute.

Also, managing such a platform creates a massive overhead for the employers and may be unsuitable for small tasks.

Wouldn't a reputation system help with all the problems you are talking about PC?

i intend ot agree PC!

Who will decide, for example, on graphic related tasks, if an design is finished in view of requirements, graphic style, sustainability?
On technical side requirements are much more clearer to communicate ... but for esthetic etc. purposes ... who will decide if a job task is solved?

Couldn't delegates decide on this? 
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile

This is essentially a bounty auction and exchange platform. It is completely algorithmic in approach and completely automated. It determines the true market price of any kind of labor by reaching the equilibrium point between the supply and demand through the bid/ask.

It would be centralized at first but could be made decentralized, it's also a way to determine who would be selected for the bounty in a completely automated fashion.

It may even allow workers to trade jobs on the exchange provided they do so before the expiration date. This way if a worker bit off more than he could chew he could exchange his bounty with someone else and they'd get paid in his place if they complete it.

Instructions
As the employer first you'd put up your bidding price which is the highest you're willing to pay, then a bunch of potential bid fillers put up their asking price and according to the algorithm it would meet in the middle according to supply and demand at an equilibrium point. This would give the market the true price of the labor.
Input: Employers enter a job description and bidding price to be displayed as the maximum bounty reward.
Input: Employees/Job hunters enter their asking prices, mapped to their Keyhotee IDs.
DAC: An algorithm selects the employee willing to work for the lowest asking price (lowest bounty reward)
DAC: A bot sends an encrypted message to the public key of the Keyhotee ID address and sends a bounty token to their wallet.
DAC: The transaction and exchange exist entirely in a blockchain so that if necessary anyone with that bounty token can exchange their bounty token for anyone else's.
Output1: The job is completed by the expiration date on the bounty token, and the bounty token is redeemed at the true price of labor in the market.
Output2: The job is not completed by the expiration date and the bounty token is never redeemed, therefore it is invalid and expired.
Social Contract: 50% Protoshares, 45% Angelshares, 5% Promotion, Discount and Giveaway shares

What could go wrong? Someone could lose their bounty token and then the bounty would expire wasting valuable time. On the other hand it would save time if someone can trade their received bounty with another person or split their bounty with another person all in automated fashion by using the divisibility of the bounty token. So if I did 90% of the labor and I could not do that final 10% then I could break off 10% of the bounty token and give it to anyone willing to work for it.

^^^^

The gist of the idea is to create a job auction exchange. Jobs are auctioned on the blockchain. A UIA could represent a job and when the job is done all who have the asset can redeem for BitUSD.

Of course it would have to be simplified due to the limitations of the blockchain but ultimately the market should determine things. Let anyone bid for positions. Let the community for up or down the positions from which could be bid for and let the community set the amount it is willing to pay in some algorithmic fashion so that the jobs are auctioned to the lowest bidder.

IMO an automated DAC is unsuitable for matching workers and jobs, because for an employer the price is only one of many criteria for selecting an employee. An employer may want to hand over a job to a more skilled/experienced worker even if he has to pay a higher price.

You proposal is missing a crucial component: who gets to decide when/if a job has been completed? You're going to need arbitrators in case of a dispute.

Also, managing such a platform creates a massive overhead for the employers and may be unsuitable for small tasks.

Wouldn't a reputation system help with all the problems you are talking about PC?

i intend ot agree PC!

█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline fuzzy

Instructions

^^^^

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Luckybit

Instructions

^^^^

https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline pc

• View Profile

Instructions

^^^^

Offline fuzzy

My suggestions based on my previous post here: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,1692.msg18720.html#msg18720

Instructions

^^^^

I love this idea.

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Luckybit
My suggestions based on my previous post here: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,1692.msg18720.html#msg18720

Instructions

^^^^

« Last Edit: May 04, 2015, 07:35:18 am by luckybit »