Author Topic: NOTES are listed ar CMC  (Read 16434 times)

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains
Who would you ideally want as an investor? Resourceful, intelligent people who HODL long term and contribute value to the project. Whatever you say or not say, do or don't do publicly, will shape the demographic who are invested in the project. All in all it becomes an elaborate game to speak in such a way as to reward who you ideally want rewarded. You can't have it both ways, as a higher cap means shares are more expensive for X, while a lower cap means the shares of Y are getting sold.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2015, 06:15:24 pm by CLains »

Offline Chuckone

• View Profile
We've been pretty clear that peertracks will not be all public in the way bitshares is, and are giving everyone an opportunity to get out (at higher than the crowdsale price no less) if they don't like that

is this FUD ? Any reason for doing this?
I really can't believe what I am reading!  :-[

It's because there's no point answering to huge groups of stakeholders we don't know who only care about short-term returns and generally act like a hivemind. We would rather start at a low price and have real growth than to have a huge speculative market with a potential for big losses for everyone.

I understand your point of feeling not so entitled to give explanations to people you don't know (and who might only be interested in short term profit, but that's not the point). But in my perspective, the point is that without those people you don't know (IPO donators) that contributed to the Bitshares Music pre-sale, there wouldn't be any money for the project to lift-off.

This project is very secretive by nature, and there are a lot of unknowns about the actual Bitshares Music model. What I want to point though is that revealing some details about this model without revealing the "secret sauce" wouldn't harm the project so much, and shareholders wouldn't feel their concerns/questions are dismissed. If you were dealing with VC or angel investors you would have to disclose MUCH more details. I'm not asking to see the blue prints of the whole model, just a courteous answer when IPO shareholders have questions, because without them the project wouldn't have the funds it currently does. And a courteous answer can be "We cannot disclose that information just yet".

You even mentionned that Bitshares Music isn't the name the Music blockchain will officially have. What will it be? Is that part of the big secret too or is it not just defined yet?

Also, I understand Peertracks development is being done in parallel to the Bitshares Music blockchain, but that it is privately held by a few shareholders. Up to now, what percentage of the crowdfunding money went into developing Peertracks compared to the music blockchain? Maybe @cob might be able to answer this one. I know this question have already been asked, but IIRC there wasn't a crystal clear answer. That answer matters, because my initial understanding when I donated to the pre-sale was that the money was to be used to develop the blockchain, not some privately held front-end.

In the end, I won't be bitching around if the added value Peertracks gives to the music blockchain is significant enough to compensate for the fact Peertracks used part of the crowdfunding for development. It's an ecosystem, and without the growth of Peertracks there won't be any growth for the music blockchain. All I want to do is point to the fact that we don't know.

Lack of transparency can easily lead to speculation.

Too much transparency is worst, it creates panic.

Well, I guess just enough would be best ;)

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
Irrelevant but a better explanation of where NOTES derive their value would be nice..

I think I understand the value from artist coins (although even that not entirely) but NOTES?? Why do I need NOTES and not invest in whichever artist coin I like?

Sold my NOTES already to buy BTS few weeks ago. At least BTS I know what I am buying..It would be nice if we knew more things about NOTES so I may get some back..
@Toast care to explain a bit more or you prefer new investors outside crypto and don't care about what current NOTES investors think?
Thanks

zerosum

Maybe "real slow growth" was a bad way to explain. Let me phrase it another way. If you actually believe NOTEs will become an income-producing asset (or something close enough), wouldn't you want them to be as cheap as possible before the system actually launches?  Wouldn't you NOT want the price to be so high that the income stream cannot compensate for the people selling their free sharedrop?

Talking about my situation only.

The shares I bought from the IPO are 4-5 times more than the one from the "free share drop" (although I paid to buy them BTC I donated to the AGS  btw).

So no, I am not particularly happy if somebody got my $1/share in the ipo, and then makes moves so the price moves down to $0.20/share and he ends up with my BTC + far more shares for himself at lower price....

my 2 note-cents

Offline clayop

• View Profile
    • Bitshares Korea
  • BitShares: clayop
Maybe "real slow growth" was a bad way to explain. Let me phrase it another way. If you actually believe NOTEs will become an income-producing asset (or something close enough), wouldn't you want them to be as cheap as possible before the system actually launches?  Wouldn't you NOT want the price to be so high that the income stream cannot compensate for the people selling their free sharedrop?

This is way better explanation. So like...
Bitshares private equity investment
Bitshares Korea - http://www.bitshares.kr
Vote for me and see Korean Bitshares community grows
delegate-clayop

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline clayop

• View Profile
    • Bitshares Korea
It's because there's no point answering to huge groups of stakeholders we don't know who only care about short-term returns and generally act like a hivemind. We would rather start at a low price and have real growth than to have a huge speculative market with a potential for big losses for everyone.

Do you really believe starting low price can remove speculative investors? Once NOTE is in public, there always exist speculators and true-and-long-term investors. It is impossible that every investors are long-term investors. Now NOTE is experiencing lack of liquidity. So IMHO, listing on CMC is a good for NOTE as well as for us. Also, it's a very effective way to advertise. Just my two cents.
delegate-clayop

zerosum

We've been pretty clear that peertracks will not be all public in the way bitshares is, and are giving everyone an opportunity to get out (at higher than the crowdsale price no less) if they don't like that

Do not worry Dani! Just the next guys that think they are smarter than everybody else, so they will for sure reinvent the wheel. This time it is called "success by pushing your own share price down!".

You will see! It will be GREAT.
...experiment.

Offline Ben Mason

• Integrity & Innovation, powered by Bitshares
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: benjojo

quite right toast - I expect liondani is just looking forward to what comes next for peertacks the same as many of the rest of us.  Chomping at the bit would be an understatement!  :D

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai

Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline Riverhead

I don't see any FUD. Just a straight answer to what's going on and why.

Offline Troglodactyl

• View Profile
Last I heard, PeerTracks is a closed source, privately managed front-end to the open source BitShares Music blockchain.

iHashFury

Or is this a Bitshares private equity investment?

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani

Offline clayop

• View Profile
    • Bitshares Korea

The price is now about 70% compared to presale price.
delegate-clayop