Author Topic: NOTES are listed ar CMC  (Read 16436 times)

Offline .yoshi

• View Profile
dan was the only reason bitshares was worth anything for a long time. hth

Stan's meme's are what brought me here, and it's the reason I stay.

If you haven't noticed, meme's are today's market makers. Meme's are what's moving this entire crypto-economy.

Basically, if your coin is not meme'ing, it's going to die soon. I've tried to keep the meme hashrate up while Stan's mememiner is off, but I will need some help soon or we're all doomed.

Secret sauce and actual coding can only take a project so far, meme's take it the rest of the way! So fire up that mememiner Stan and help me raise the meme hashrate back up to desirable levels so we can move this price to teh m00n!

calling all memesters! the next few days are critical. we need your help

Tuck Fheman

I'm saying BTS price went down because of the endless number of things the community decided to throw their money at that arent BTS.

Like Qora, when you (most likely) doubled up on it?  :P

If I'm not moving my crypto around in opportune times, I feel like I'm doing it wrong.

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
Ander I honestly have no idea what you're talking about.

I'm saying BTS price went down because of the endless number of things the community decided to throw their money at that arent BTS.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline christo

• View Profile
Ander I honestly have no idea what you're talking about.

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
That would be worse. This is not only the way it should have been done, but after fundraising for a separate blockchain and spending all the money, you're suggesting they don't even build it and we all should have been using the original BitShares blockchain all along!?

Consider the following two options:

Option A:  Do everything on the bitshares blockchain.  Everyone who likes the project keeps buying BTS with their fiat and bitcoin, supporting the Bitshares market cap.

Option B: Make a new blockchain, and ask for funding.  Everyone who likes the project dumps their BTS, and spends their fiat and bitcoin on your fundraiser, thus sending BTS into a downtrend.  Take their money.

Clearly option B is better! 

PLAY managed to improve upon this plan even further, with the addition of "Panic dump the bitcoin donations you received on the very hour of the absolute low in the bitcoin price".  This brilliant addition means that not only do you hurt the Bitshares market cap with your fundraiser, but you also get hardly anything out of it!  Amazing!

This gives me an incredible idea! 

I will create a new blockchain called Bitshares BURN.  Its going to be AWESOME.

I will hold a crowdfund for it that lasts forever and ever, in BTC.  You can dump your BTS for BTC and donate it to my Bitshares BURN ICO fund.  Then, I'll just take the BTC and burn it!  This way, BTS market cap can dwindle to ever lower and lower depths!  Isnt that awesome!?

https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Tuck Fheman

Stan's meme's are what brought me here, and it's the reason I stay.

If you haven't noticed, meme's are today's market makers. Meme's are what's moving this entire crypto-economy.

Basically, if your coin is not meme'ing, it's going to die soon. I've tried to keep the meme hashrate up while Stan's mememiner is off, but I will need some help soon or we're all doomed.

Secret sauce and actual coding can only take a project so far, meme's take it the rest of the way! So fire up that mememiner Stan and help me raise the meme hashrate back up to desirable levels so we can move this price to teh m00n!

Offline .yoshi

• View Profile
c'mon guys, is it really that surprising that eddie, an incumbent in an industry known for exclusivity, plays a critical role on this project?

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
* Eddie is still on the team and is the main reason the project is worth anything IMO.

"stil" ? 
Are you?

... so the project has only one point of failure? Must we pray that nobody from the big players on Midem make him a better offer...?

Offline Ben Mason

• Integrity & Innovation, powered by Bitshares
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: benjojo
There's still a proper update vetted by cedric/eddie coming but some of this speculation needs to be addressed:

* There is still a blockchain. We will gradually increase the size of test net iterations until it's at a point where we start preserving balances and/or state across version. That's a summary of what all we want to reveal until we have more information after midem.
* Notes will still have voting power and will try to capture income.
* Eddie is still on the team and is the main reason the project is worth anything IMO.
* The *secret sauce* is a centralized monetization strategy for a service which DAC cannot supply directly. It shouldn't be an excuse for anything.
with all due respect to eddie, if a person is the main reason this project is worth anything, then it sounds as though something has gone terribly wrong.  The disruptive technology which enabled a new music distribution platform was supposed to be where the value was. I hate to say it, but christo's concerns seem to be more justified than my faith. I wish I could get a straight answer for why midem means anything?  I suspect it's because peertracks is not the gateway to a viral decentralized music platform that I bought into. I hope this update from Eddie and Cob is thorough, now is the time for complete transparency.

Offline clayop

• View Profile
    • Bitshares Korea
  • BitShares: clayop
* The *secret sauce* is a centralized monetization strategy for a service which DAC cannot supply directly. It shouldn't be an excuse for anything.

USD <> NoteUSD, USD <> Note gateway?  :D
Bitshares Korea - http://www.bitshares.kr
Vote for me and see Korean Bitshares community grows
delegate-clayop

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
There's still a proper update vetted by cedric/eddie coming but some of this speculation needs to be addressed:

* There is still a blockchain. We will gradually increase the size of test net iterations until it's at a point where we start preserving balances and/or state across version. That's a summary of what all we want to reveal until we have more information after midem.
* Notes will still have voting power and will try to capture income.
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline oco101

• View Profile
That would be worse. This is not only the way it should have been done, but after fundraising for a separate blockchain and spending all the money, you're suggesting they don't even build it and we all should have been using the original BitShares blockchain all along!?
If whatever PEETRACKS is doing with blockchain was already possible with BitShares I would agree ... But I don't think it is ..
Also, IIRC and they are going to offer streaming in the MVP already .. then they will need to do alot of development at the frontend and server tech too .. The Peertracks business is NOT just a blockchain .. it's more than that .. and does cost money to develop and maintain .. independent of the ACTUAL blockchain

Disclaimer: I am not defending the secrecy around Peertracks and MUSIC .. I'd rather point out to you that Peertracks is not just a blockchain ..

I'm not saying Peertracks is not just a blockchain, I'm saying the opposite. Peertracks not a blockchain at all.

In the April update Cob said

The front end (the PeerTracks web app MVP) is complete and is being readied to plug into the music blockchain. A few pioneer artists will be able to create their profile and token as soon as the blockchain is completed!
The blockchain itself is being built as you read this. Most of it is complete and we are approaching testing phase.

Great the testing phase must surely be here by now since that was almost two months ago. The front-end is done (that's the bit that is privately owned by Peertracks) and the Blockchain is "being built as you read this". Well I guess since we're still reading this it's still being built.

When will it be released? "When it's done". Can we see evidence of progress? "No". Can we have detailed info on the process or the work? "No." What about some hint about the way the money has been spent? "No."

The consolation prize is that people can "sell their notes". Well guess what? I happen to actually care about the purpose of the project, the creation of an alternative system for music distribution and commerce.

I'm not saying they owe me this. I'm saying my personal assessment of their prospects is based on a demonstrated record of software releases and their response to questions like these (or lack thereof) - not to the number of PR events they report.

Perhaps some more of you should consider this method of assessment for this and all crypto projects. Or perhaps you're blinded by sunk cost fallacy.

The only reason I'm posting this is because I'm surprised there is so little evidence-based appraisal of the health of this project on a forum that is totally dominated by this project's claims in absence of proof.

+1 +1 +1  I totally agree. Somehow I'm still believing in this project and I'm still trusting this team for now....
Without revealing any of the secret sauce, they could still answer a lot of questions, I'm not saying that they should spend their time in this forum, but some of the question raised are important and easy to address, why they are not doing it hard to understand it is pretty sad ...... I will add one more question to the list : Is Eddie Corral still on the team ?

Offline christo

• View Profile
If whatever PEETRACKS is doing with blockchain was already possible with BitShares I would agree ... But I don't think it is ..
Also, IIRC and they are going to offer streaming in the MVP already .. then they will need to do alot of development at the frontend and server tech too .. The Peertracks business is NOT just a blockchain .. it's more than that .. and does cost money to develop and maintain .. independent of the ACTUAL blockchain

Disclaimer: I am not defending the secrecy around Peertracks and MUSIC .. I'd rather point out to you that Peertracks is not just a blockchain ..

I'm not saying Peertracks is not just a blockchain, I'm saying the opposite. Peertracks not a blockchain at all.

In the April update Cob said

The front end (the PeerTracks web app MVP) is complete and is being readied to plug into the music blockchain. A few pioneer artists will be able to create their profile and token as soon as the blockchain is completed!
The blockchain itself is being built as you read this. Most of it is complete and we are approaching testing phase.

Great the testing phase must surely be here by now since that was almost two months ago. The front-end is done (that's the bit that is privately owned by Peertracks) and the Blockchain is "being built as you read this". Well I guess since we're still reading this it's still being built.

When will it be released? "When it's done". Can we see evidence of progress? "No". Can we have detailed info on the process or the work? "No." What about some hint about the way the money has been spent? "No."

The consolation prize is that people can "sell their notes". Well guess what? I happen to actually care about the purpose of the project, the creation of an alternative system for music distribution and commerce.

I'm not saying they owe me this. I'm saying my personal assessment of their prospects is based on a demonstrated record of software releases and their response to questions like these (or lack thereof) - not to the number of PR events they report.

Perhaps some more of you should consider this method of assessment for this and all crypto projects. Or perhaps you're blinded by sunk cost fallacy.

The only reason I'm posting this is because I'm surprised there is so little evidence-based appraisal of the health of this project on a forum that is totally dominated by this project's claims in absence of proof.

edits: added strikethrough on a couple of grammatical and typo errors
« Last Edit: June 03, 2015, 01:06:38 am by christo »

Offline Russ Hanneman

HOW I MAKE OVER $120,000 A YEAR WITH BITCOIN ... http://goo.gl/mKwC3i
BitShares Insider Trading Network - Join Today! ... https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,16622.0.html

Offline Ben Mason

• Integrity & Innovation, powered by Bitshares
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: benjojo
All you say makes perfect sense. The only issue I see is that the pre-sale investors don't have ANY stake in Peertracks itself. It is privately owned by very few people. I'll try to formulate this politely, but using the Bitshares Music pre-sale money to develop a privately owned company raises some serious ethical questions.
I agree. Investors have bought into BitShares MUSIC .. not peertracks ...
some clarification would be good
i too agree with this concern Chuckone....for this project to have any prospect of success, it must adhere to the highest standards for integrity.