Author Topic: BitShares needs a professional SEO/SEP Delegate... oh, and WHALES.  (Read 21777 times)

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav
guys, follow my vote is being paid to take care of bitshares.org SEO. I asked him once in a hangout... if you want results, demand them. I have not seen a single google analytics sheet since then

Offline lovejoy

• View Profile
    • Cryptofresh
  • BitShares: lovejoy

media.bitscape   -   Mainly spending BTS delegate pay on traveling for fun! [added]

provisional.bitscape   -   Keeping company of media.bitscape on his vacations! [added]

The interview they did on Bitcoins and Gravy was pretty good though.
If I weren't already into BitShares, I'd have looked into it after listening to that LTB podcast...

Every time I look at a post of yours I am reminded that you changed you profile pic for me {heart}. What I mean is I know I owe you big time!

So how this sounds:

media.bitscape   -   Had a great interview with "bitcoins and gravy"... once. Great achievement keeping in mind he spends 99% of his time traveling on BTS buck! [added/edited]

Good?

Tonyk2 I'm not going to waste too much of my time expressing all the ways which I have contributed to this project since your blissfully ignorant and baseless slander is like a fountain of horseshit.

But for the benefit of those who read your drivel I will just add that since I started working on this project I have spent thousands of dollars of my own money while receiving a sum of equity not nearly adequate to pay for my time and efforts and expenditures at the current value.

Nevertheless I continue my efforts as I am able despite the armchair yodeling of folks like you who have all the time in the world to slander others while contributing only capital (i presume) and your lordly opinions from the safety of your armchair.

Thankfully there are 10 contributing members of this community for every festering boil such as yourself.

Sincerely,
Bitscape

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
Cass and Bytemaster (as per lil_jay890 recommendation) will need to hand over the reigns to the bitshares.org website. It is posted on github as far as I know, but be careful, egos can be bruised there but if you show them/us what you can do, then you will most definitely have MY vote and possible many others as well.

Please start by sending a PM to cass and bytemaster both. If they don't reply, or give us a favorable reply, then we'll deal with them appropriately.

You are a shareholder now I assume, so they need to answer to you. Please let us know what they say.

I will try to help you with a lot more search string research too.
kenCode - Decentraliser @ Agorise
Matrix/Keybase/Hive/Commun/Github: @Agorise
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline profitofthegods

• View Profile
@profitofthegods - I would like to recruit your help, please. I'm still pretty good at seo/sep myself, but I just don't have the time right now with the other stuff I'm working on, the wiki's, ddns, disqus and social media threads, etc. Is dmoz still worth it? Other dir's? I can't afford to pay out much more right now, but with an army of people in this community, I think we could ALL post a link to https://bitshares.org on 2 or 3 different sites and bump our alexa quite a bit.

At least get us onto page 1 for the 18 search strings I listed above jesus christ.

The owner of bitshares.org needs to completely revamp that site though, it's boring as hell and the bounce rate is insane- see my comments above. We can bring'm, but if we're not closin'm, then we're burning hours for no reason. I want someone to build us a REAL website, something exciting, something that tells me WHY I need to register and fund a BitShares account, and why I need to do it RIGHT NOW.

QUESTION: Would the community here like to see the Accountability Roster integrated with the bitsharesblocks website? Coingecko.com is a great example of what our Delegates table could look like. Let the world see who they can contact for marketing, sales questions, HR, technical support and puppies.

I don't usually bother with directories myself; they probably do have some value but not enough for it to be worth the time imo, unless perhaps its a new site with no links and you just want to get the ball rolling. I also suspect that DMOZ doesn't really have any special status now, the way it did.

I think you are right about the website. On-page SEO is way more important than off-page SEO these days, which means targeted content. Yes it would be good to present a clear case for why somebody needs to register and fund an account, but I would go even further and say it would be good to think about the kind of people who would benefit and the kind of things they might be searching for that Bitshares can provide a solution for, and present a compelling case multiple times in different ways and perhaps on multiple web properties too.

In terms of links, quality is better than quantity. Do what Google says you should do - if you can post a link somewhere it's likely to get seen by real people who may genuinely be interested then that's really great and everyone should try to do that if the opportunity is there. But be careful about getting a small army of people to just start posting links everywhere they can, because it can be counterproductive if it makes your link profile look unnatural.

If you need help identifying search terms to target or optimizing content for Bitshares.org then let me know. My starting point is to have a list of search terms and a list of pages which answer those queries, which is half the job really.

I think I am going to do a little test and if I think I can do anything good I may stand as a delegate.

zerosum

media.bitscape   -   Mainly spending BTS delegate pay on traveling for fun! [added]

provisional.bitscape   -   Keeping company of media.bitscape on his vacations! [added]

If I weren't already into BitShares, I'd have looked into it after listening to that LTB podcast...

Every time I look at a post of yours I am reminded that you changed you profile pic for me {heart}. What I mean is I know I owe you big time!

So how this sounds:

media.bitscape   -   Had a great interview with "bitcoins and gravy"... once. Great achievement keeping in mind he spends 99% of his time traveling on BTS buck! [added/edited]

Good?

Offline lil_jay890

• View Profile
I do a little bit of SEOd writing, and I have a blog which ranks reasonably well called Cryptorials.

Coincidentally, I rank higher than Bitshares' sites for 'decentralized crypto exchange' (page 2) and 'decentralized exchange' (page 3), although that's only a glossary page (and yes it does link to Bitshares)

It is also on page 1 of Google for competitive terms like 'how to mine cryptocurrency', 'make money trading bitcoin', 'bitcoin games' and others.

And I would be open to suggestions for topics to write about or search terms worth targeting.

@profitofthegods - I would like to recruit your help, please. I'm still pretty good at seo/sep myself, but I just don't have the time right now with the other stuff I'm working on, the wiki's, ddns, disqus and social media threads, etc. Is dmoz still worth it? Other dir's? I can't afford to pay out much more right now, but with an army of people in this community, I think we could ALL post a link to https://bitshares.org on 2 or 3 different sites and bump our alexa quite a bit.

At least get us onto page 1 for the 18 search strings I listed above jesus christ.

The owner of bitshares.org needs to completely revamp that site though, it's boring as hell and the bounce rate is insane- see my comments above. We can bring'm, but if we're not closin'm, then we're burning hours for no reason. I want someone to build us a REAL website, something exciting, something that tells me WHY I need to register and fund a BitShares account, and why I need to do it RIGHT NOW.

QUESTION: Would the community here like to see the Accountability Roster integrated with the bitsharesblocks website? Coingecko.com is a great example of what our Delegates table could look like. Let the world see who they can contact for marketing, sales questions, HR, technical support and puppies.

Cass and Bytemaster worked directly on bitshares.org if I can remember correctly.  They said the goal was to make it look professional and like a crypto exchange website.  We had flashier websites prior to the current one, but they felt gimmicky and were difficult to navigate.  I like the current bitshares.org as it is clean and to the point like many forex and stock trading webpages.  I'm sure it will be updated to include more content and resources once more of our core products come out.

Offline hadrian

• View Profile
  • BitShares: hadrian

https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
I'm tweakin the hell out of the Roster, but we still have 108 delegates listed..?
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Hh8jgvruJmWm4UDRJSSdz3rUqBDDEQWfjzMwJUI3z1o/edit#gid=0

You guys have edit access now, fyi..
www.PalmPay.chat

jakub

+5% +5% +5%
Big YES from me. It would be great to have it.

Offline hadrian

• View Profile
  • BitShares: hadrian
Maybe we could help ... https://www.google.com/#q=%22total+utter+fucking+economic+collapse%22&filter=0   ;)
Lol thats hilarious.  You type "total utter fucking economic collapse" into google and it brings up all your posts.

Yes, please help Bitshares so that when you type in certain things it comes up first. :)

https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
I do a little bit of SEOd writing, and I have a blog which ranks reasonably well called Cryptorials.

Coincidentally, I rank higher than Bitshares' sites for 'decentralized crypto exchange' (page 2) and 'decentralized exchange' (page 3), although that's only a glossary page (and yes it does link to Bitshares)

It is also on page 1 of Google for competitive terms like 'how to mine cryptocurrency', 'make money trading bitcoin', 'bitcoin games' and others.

And I would be open to suggestions for topics to write about or search terms worth targeting.

www.PalmPay.chat

Offline Thom

Yeah, my hopes for this are not all that high.

I've read and listened to so much hype in the past 6 weeks that I'm going to be let down with anything less than Bitcoin 3.0.

Screw Bitcoin 2.0, Stan and Dan have me convinced they're bypassing 2.0 and moving on to Bitcoin 3.0, because they can!

I'm drinking the kool-aid this time, as a matter of fact I'm stirring up a fresh batch in a giant container for 1,800 others.

Who wants some?!  (I'm spiking mine with Jack Daniels, just in case)

Hold the koolaid, pass the Jack ... something tells me we're gonna need it!
Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere - MLK |  Verbaltech2 Witness Reports: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,23902.0.html

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
I've read and listened to so much hype in the past 6 weeks that I'm going to be let down with anything less than Bitcoin 3.0.

Screw Bitcoin 2.0, Stan and Dan have me convinced they're bypassing 2.0 and moving on to Bitcoin 3.0, because they can!
Though they went from BitAsset 3.0 to BitAsset 2.0 ..  :P :P

What exactly would a Bitcoin3.0 (or rather a blockchain 3.0) technology look like?

Tuck Fheman

Yeah, my hopes for this are not all that high.

I'm drinking the kool-aid this time, as a matter of fact I'm stirring up a fresh batch in a giant container for 1,800 others.

Who wants some?!  (I'm spiking mine with Jack Daniels, just in case)

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Really eclipsed the good news bump in our market cap today... we're up $1.5mill over last week!
This shouldn't be the motivation .. but it definitely results in a "good mood" :)