Author Topic: BitShares needs a professional SEO/SEP Delegate... oh, and WHALES.  (Read 21717 times)

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

This thread is 95% ridiculous

KenCode - you're burning real hot right now... take care to stay properly hydrated

Tonyk2 - quaaludes

+5%

Kinda noticed it was like an all you can eat buffet of pointing fingers and chest beating. Really eclipsed the good news bump in our market cap today... we're up $1.5mill over last week!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline lovejoy

• View Profile
    • Cryptofresh
  • BitShares: lovejoy
This thread is 95% ridiculous

KenCode - you're burning real hot right now... take care to stay properly hydrated

Tonyk2 - quaaludes

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav
SEO delegate is a great idea and anyone knowledgeable should be voted in.

There have been many posts asking for a paid delegate to take on tracking delegates - who they are and what they are doing with delegate funds.

Which leads to a the need for a recruiter delegate whose sole job is to find people to be delegates.

No this isn't a joke, but rather shows the power of the Bitshares platform.

HR? We have a delegate for that (soonish).

it's a great idea. let some people put up a worker and fund a website/time to evaluate other workers. (HR) :)

I'll put up a blog and some infopages, SEO optimized, If there's an affiliate system. I managed to rank a little site on page 1 #5 with 350k "direct" search results, so I'm no stranger to SEO :)

Offline oldman

• View Profile
SEO delegate is a great idea and anyone knowledgeable should be voted in.

There have been many posts asking for a paid delegate to take on tracking delegates - who they are and what they are doing with delegate funds.

Which leads to a the need for a recruiter delegate whose sole job is to find people to be delegates.

No this isn't a joke, but rather shows the power of the Bitshares platform.

HR? We have a delegate for that (soonish).

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
Maybe we could help ... https://www.google.com/#q=%22total+utter+fucking+economic+collapse%22&filter=0   ;)
Lol thats hilarious.  You type "total utter fucking economic collapse" into google and it brings up all your posts.

Yes, please help Bitshares so that when you type in certain things it comes up first. :)
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline profitofthegods

• View Profile
Since my last post I've become somewhat taken with the idea that I might be able to stand as a delegate by offering SEO services.

I've just been doing a small amount of preliminary research and I think I could really help improve the presence of Bitshares and related site in the search results.

Is there seriously demand for this, and does anyone think I would stand a chance of getting elected?

Offline Xypher

• View Profile
Google free game servers :)
Maybe we could help
#page1

Offline profitofthegods

• View Profile
I do a little bit of SEOd writing, and I have a blog which ranks reasonably well called Cryptorials.

Coincidentally, I rank higher than Bitshares' sites for 'decentralized crypto exchange' (page 2) and 'decentralized exchange' (page 3), although that's only a glossary page (and yes it does link to Bitshares)

It is also on page 1 of Google for competitive terms like 'how to mine cryptocurrency', 'make money trading bitcoin', 'bitcoin games' and others.

And I would be open to suggestions for topics to write about or search terms worth targeting.

Offline Ander

• View Profile
Just do not get your hopes too high.

Instead of being concerned about his 500+ unfulfilled promises so far , Stan is using his time to find 6 correct assentation in 4 statements of a random poster like me....

Yeah, my hopes for this are not all that high.  I expect that they will at least announce *something*, and that BTS investors will go "okay, at least your words werent complete BS", and it wont disappoint people enough to crash the price.  And then the BTS price can continue to recover from its current levels that are absurdly low and do not reflect the great potential that BTS has, towards more reasonable prices that do reflect the potential. 
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

zerosum

Last November we got this whole routine of hints and promises, and then the followup was nonexistent.

Now its hints and promises again.  There needs to be a big followup this time. 

Just do not get your hopes too high.

Instead of being concerned about his 500+ unfulfilled promises so far , Stan is using his time to find 6 (in)correct assentation in 4 statements in a random post like mine....

« Last Edit: May 12, 2015, 11:57:34 pm by tonyk2 »

Offline Ander

• View Profile
Another one of the 17+ recurring issues that are about to become moot.
 :)

Why is that Stan?

separation of block signing by delegates and blockchain paying people for work has been discussed extensively recently; my guess is that is what he is referencing. Which I think is very much needed for the same reason this thread was brought up.

Indeed.  I don't really understand the reasons why this change is necessary, but they claim to have big important reasons, and that it will lead to great things for bitshares.

So I'm just going to say: You guys (Stan, Dev team, et al) better follow through this time.  Last November we got this whole routine of hints and promises, and then the followup was nonexistent.

Now its hints and promises again.  There needs to be a big followup this time.  If there is, Bitshares credibility and your credibility will be restored, and Bitshares can have a bright future.  If there is no followup again, this project will die and everyone left in the community will leave. 
So make sure to back up your words this time with actions.

Offline maqifrnswa

• View Profile
Another one of the 17+ recurring issues that are about to become moot.
 :)

Why is that Stan?

separation of block signing by delegates and blockchain paying people for work has been discussed extensively recently; my guess is that is what he is referencing. Which I think is very much needed for the same reason this thread was brought up.
maintains an Ubuntu PPA: https://launchpad.net/~showard314/+archive/ubuntu/bitshares [15% delegate] wallet_account_set_approval maqifrnswa true [50% delegate] wallet_account_set_approval delegate1.maqifrnswa true

Offline gamey

• View Profile
Marketing delegates have never been paid (funds went toward advertising costs) which is why they all burned out. marketing.methodx is not controlled by me anymore and as far as I know the funds are being used to provide liquidity for metaexchange.

This is unacceptable! Who the hell is accountable for the funds the marketing.methodx is generating?

When did delegates become transferable? It's one thing to transfer in the manor DSN assumed the minebitshares operation, totally above board, advertised and no mystery about who is accountable.

But when your name is used, it can be very deceptive, whether intended to be or not.

DPoS will certainly fail if one's actions are severed from accountability to them. It's tantamount to a proxy but nobody knows who controls it.

Lets polish up our best looking, most charismatic, smooth talking delegate to tell people what they want to hear, get huge support (the bait), get voted into the 101, then switch ownership / control to Mr. Wizard behind the curtain and take a luxurious cruise around the world.

NOT SAYING that is what methodX did, but like I DID SAY, who is now controlling the marketing.methodx funds? This is one problem when duties are split between the technical workers that actually control the delegate node and the figurehead or point man that is intended to be the recipient of the delegate funds.

It begs the question, who are the actual delegates controlling the software? Is it the person or team the shareholders think it is?

Yeah, this may be a moot point when (if?) the new delegate system is rolled out, ASSUMING we all know who we're voting for. BM has said the transition will be essentially a non-event, but it shouldn't be trivialized IMO, due in part to transfer scenarios like this. All delegates must be accountable to shareholders.

Now that I've heard straight from methodX, I am no longer going to support that delegate, whoever it's controlled by.

LOL.  I don't keep up with BitShares as much but I still know about this.  This is a symptom of the voting system and the need for funds to help the #1 feature of BitShares, the bitAssets. They need support in the markets.

You come across as completely ridiculous in this post. This is like everyone bitching at Toast over that other delegate.  Yes, there needs to be accountability but at this point this should be #18 on your list of things that need action.
I speak for myself and only myself.

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
Actually I think it was indeed funny and surprisingly correct for NewMines' standards.

Some unimplemented feature is claimed to be solving 17+ problems (when it is not proven to solve even a single one) while the main product is left being a junk for 6 mo. ...in the mean time we can dream about all those great new features coming up!

congratulations tonyk2, you managed to say virtually the same thing without being nasty.  I don't want criticism to be stifled, but there are better ways.  We are going to reach our objective....does it have to be kicking and screaming?

He also managed to make six incorrect assertions in just two sentences.  :)

Here's the deal:  We want to let people know we are taking their concerns seriously, but we aren't going to announce any specifics until later.  So the best I can do under those circumstances is to gently indicate when I see someone unnecessarily worried about an issue which we feel we have already addressed. 

The number 17 was correct the last time I checked Bytemaster's existing draft document.

Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.