Author Topic: Hangout every Friday @ 10am EST/STD  (Read 278172 times)

Tuck Fheman

I really can't stop here, I love Tuck

and am still indebted to him (200BTS).

Actually, I was requesting it from the person who was willing to file a complaint. I did a small percentage of their legwork, so I want to tax them.

Considering they like how the government works, they shouldn't mind being taxed and will be more than willing to pay me for teh assistance.

I see Charlie, Peter and others, but I can't figure out what Tom Six is doing there???  ;)

And if I am going to make someone powerful, it might as well be Tuck and :
http://bytemaster.bitshares.org/

Tuck Fheman

I'm a fan of humour.
OP, man I'm sorry, I did it again. Just ban muh ass already. I'm going back to work on the hangout short transcript.

Yeah.. perhaps stick to what you are good at.

https://soundcloud.com/beyond-bitcoin-hangouts/taulant-beyond-bitcoin-05-29-2015-dev-hangout-s3#t=29:58

Offline davidpbrown

During Taulants hangout the other day he mentioned that most of the big players are waiting until the end to add their funds.  They wan't the wallet badly and don't really care about the BTS return of 15%.  They wan't someone else to pay for the open license, then the wallet is basically free for them.

Yes, it sounded very positive.. it is better of course to have more people buy in and the sweetner is a good one. Hopefully that interest alluded to will follow through. Still better that the community here can muster itself when something like moonstone steps up rather than looked for new business interest.. but then on the flipside if it is sincere interest it's engaging new business interests rather than individuals, which is exactly the right way to go.
฿://1CBxm54Ah5hiYxiUtD7JGYRXykT5Z6ZuMc

Offline lil_jay890

• View Profile
What happens now is that you wish you had bought BTS with it instead.

Are you two not fans of moonstone?.. and if not, why not?

Rather than just chatter nonsense, I put money where my mouth is. Try and take the piss, if you want but it's more useful than hot air and cheap shots. Also Taulant recommitted to the 15% return today, not that the return over the top of what those BTS will be is why I did it.

During Taulants hangout the other day he mentioned that most of the big players are waiting until the end to add their funds.  They wan't the wallet badly and don't really care about the BTS return of 15%.  They wan't someone else to pay for the open license, then the wallet is basically free for them.

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado
There is over 4000BTC in value being mined every day between bitcoin and all the alts, and we aim to capture 9% of that space in a short period with our plan and run it straight into BitShares.

You're aiming to capture ~10% of that market? Sounds pretty ambitious and I'm a little sceptic.  Att the moment, 3600 BTC are mined everyday (that's what I recall reading around, I would appreciate if someone would confirm this).

Also, only small miners will move into alt coin mining, if not, they wouldn't continue to mine bitcoin this far. Meaning I don't see a significant amount of people move from btc mining into alt mining, this situation can change however depending on btc price and mining difficulty.

That leaves us with 400 btc per day, which is already the ~10% you claim to achieve. That means you will make almost >90% of alt coin miners move into your pool? I want it to happen but I honestly don't see it happening. I know I'm doing a lot of assumptions but I just can't see where you took those numbers from.

Also, I know it's relative as I understand it's difficult to put a timespan on these things, but assuming everything goes well (you have the monetary support you need with your delegates, etc), for when do you predict this to happen?
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline davidpbrown

I'm a fan of humour.
OP, man I'm sorry, I did it again. Just ban muh ass already. I'm going back to work on the hangout short transcript.

Yeah.. perhaps stick to what you are good at.

Tuck Fheman

Are you two not fans of moonstone?

I'm a fan of humour.

Honestly, I don't care what any of you do with your own money. I don't care how much money you have. I don't care how much money you donated or invested. I simply don't care about money that much at all. I don't mind having it, and I don't mind not having it ... it seems to be very abundant and I've had no problems acquiring it when required.

So I don't let it make me angry.

Muh GIF was simply a jab at what appeared to be a boastful comment. You know like ... "dude, look how big muh bitcoin penis is!"

« Last Edit: June 06, 2015, 02:28:40 am by Tuck Fheman »

Offline davidpbrown

Are you two not fans of moonstone?.. and if not, why not?

Rather than just chatter nonsense, I put money where my mouth is. Try and take the piss, if you want but it's more useful than hot air and cheap shots. Also Taulant recommitted to the 15% return today, not that the return over the top of what those BTS will be is why I did it.

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
Having put 10BTC to moonstone, it's disappointing to see it's stuck around 17% funding. Any insight into what will happen now with that?

https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline davidpbrown

Is that yo mamma?

You can have your fun after you've done the same or more.. that was the point, as a prompt to others to excuse why it's only at still 17.65%

Offline davidpbrown

Are we any closer to getting a PPA Repository to save users compiling their own?

Offline davidpbrown

Having put 10BTC to moonstone, it's disappointing to see it's stuck around 17% funding. Any insight into what will happen now with that?

Obviously, I'm hoping 1.0 lives up to expectation. I wonder what the recent price rise was on the back of. There is naturally a risk putting everything out of sight and I'm not talking simply of insider trading but of the usual excuse for a pump. Having everything in the open, helps avoids a pump in error and sees any rises in price, better reflect the reality. There's always reason to create excitement but doing that on the evidence is better because it's less volatile.

Also, although I know little of the technical detail, I see a lot of talk of Rust being better than C++ and wonder if BitShares has considered that.. apparently, it cuts down the code base substantially and brings rigour that avoids common bugs.

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

Part of the plans for the BunkerMining Delegate development are to incorporate our own crypto-coin exchange. It will be necessary to eventually break away from delegate pay and stand on it's own while maintaining no network fees for miners as we do now.

We are looking at using a similar platform to yumbi. While it has all the latest and greatest in security as far as an exchange goes, I think it can be better with BitShares.

There is over 4000BTC in value being mined every day between bitcoin and all the alts, and we aim to capture 9% of that space in a short period with our plan and run it straight into BitShares.

To keep things simple for payouts, we are looking at using a single UIA that would become a payout unit in itself. All the coins we mine we would convert to BTS and then allow our miners to then go into the DEX and convert our UIA to the available bitUSD or bitCNY or bitGOLD etc as they like.

The BUY price of the UIA in the various markets will be set by a penny SELL from our network that is calculated against the profitability. This sets the market price that the UIA holder can expect to convert on at that time.

When a BUY bitUSD order is placed for say UIA:bitUSD it would show up in our transaction wallet and then trigger our server to fulfill the rest of that BUY order. This way all markets will be available to miners and investors to convert their UIA into whatever bitAsset best suits them.

The UIA could be pegged to anything we choose. It could simply be BTC or LTC.. maybe even BTS.. or we could do something more interesting like using the current market costs of hashing power as the peg value to create a new index value.

What kind of peg in this type of market do you think would hold the best universal value where ultimately people will stop calculating in BTC MH/s per day to instead this UIA MH/s per day as a more telling standard for profitability?

Thanks!

PS: For those that don't know about BunkerMining, you can see it here in English and Chinese at http://vote.bunkermining.com .. and if adding these kinds of volumes to bitshares sounds good to you.. vote! :)
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+