Author Topic: CSO / CMO / CHA positions (no longer) compromised  (Read 16369 times)

Offline MaxPWR

• Sink 2UR Source
    • View Profile
    • Max's Power Plant

So basically except for the "1-percenters" your vote is worthless.  So what's the point? 

You can make a vote worth more by changing what the address represents within the community, as-in how you market that address on your site.

If that address is a poll / opinion result from visitors on your website, code on other sites or DACs could use the number of votes on the blockchain and update content / adjust performance.

You can't stop the signal, Mal. Everything goes somewhere, and I go everywhere.

PWR UP: MAXVTEoYhDfWJjvkNm2ZmUhHpYbsPYuybg

Offline isaacgoldbourne

• View Profile
MemoryCoin 2.0 voting is proportional to the number of coins you own. So if you have 1 MMC that's one vote. If you have 25k MMC that's 25k votes.

Hello people?  Is this some sort of democratic "voting"?  No.

Isn't this the definition of a corrupt voting system?

So basically except for the "1-percenters" your vote is worthless.  So what's the point? 

The whole memorycoin2.0 "voting system" seems like a corrupt gambling system for the top owners of the coin.  Whoever can accumulate and vote enough on themselves will take the pot.  No leadership nor vision is required, only the desire for power and wealth and risk.

So many things about this coin are clever and so many seem idiotic and doomed.  Am I missing something or is this voting system just completely dumb?
I can create a script in just a few minutes that creates an infinite number of addresses and votes for me from each, would you rather that happened? Or would you rather it was centralised like ripple?

Any publicly tradable corporation acts the same way, one share = one vote.
MemoryDice now available! https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=1886.0
 Vote for me to be CNO of memorycoin if you want these services. Just send 1 satoshi!
CNO: MVTEcno2tbsJWj7AQEyEjgk72j94hbPHFm

Offline seraphim

Got a better idea for weighting the votes?
Using a one-vote-per-address system would lead to people creating addresses like crazy, which would in the end also be won by the biggest holders.

You can suppose the biggest holders to have the greatest interest in a successful coin, so it's not too bad. More important is a good assortment of candidates.
Meet you on STEEM

Offline btc2084

• View Profile
MemoryCoin 2.0 voting is proportional to the number of coins you own. So if you have 1 MMC that's one vote. If you have 25k MMC that's 25k votes.

Hello people?  Is this some sort of democratic "voting"?  No.

Isn't this the definition of a corrupt voting system?

The whole memorycoin2.0 "voting system" seems like a corrupt gambling system for the top owners of the coin.  Whoever can accumulate and vote enough on themselves will take the pot.  No leadership nor vision is required, only the desire for power and wealth and risk.

So many things about this coin are clever and so many seem idiotic and doomed.  Am I missing something or is this voting system just completely dumb?

Offline FreeTrade

• View Profile
“People should be more sophisticated? How are you gonna get that done?” - Jerry Seinfeld reply to Bill Maher

Offline MaxPWR

• Sink 2UR Source
    • View Profile
    • Max's Power Plant
My name is Max Power, and I have told FreeTrade that I am his enemy and shall take over everything he has, and takeover all MemoryCoin positions:

pwrcoin.blogger.com

FreeTrade has told me that he shall never support my plans, although he has not told you this yet by acknowledging my signal:

FreeTrade should send 1 vote to: MAXBNDTVdjbCwBwSDU7SCuMBUVcm49afD9
http://pwrcoin.blogspot.com/2014/01/shall-we-play-game.html

His Officers or any other member of the human community may send votes or donations to indicate whether they believe FreeTrade is working for Max Power's Evil Laboratory for World Domination:

http://pwrcoin.blogspot.com/2014/01/distributed-progamming-interface.html

-----------------------------------
Basically: A poll service / community fact-checking / trolling to see if you think FreeTrade, Max Power, and NewMine are the same posters based on our known / confirmed blockchain activity.

It's meant to be thought through like game theory between polar opposites, rather than taken seriously...in order to improve understanding of trade operations...while trying to have fun.

Think of DPR and the Sicilian.

You can't stop the signal, Mal. Everything goes somewhere, and I go everywhere.

PWR UP: MAXVTEoYhDfWJjvkNm2ZmUhHpYbsPYuybg

Offline FreeTrade

• View Profile
“People should be more sophisticated? How are you gonna get that done?” - Jerry Seinfeld reply to Bill Maher

emre

Yes - if you could make that debug folder public on the web, it would be very useful info for voters. Maybe do some replacements, putting the candidates names in rather than the voting addresses would make it much more transparent.

I made a simple web interface. check it out, http://mmcvotes.com

Offline isaacgoldbourne

• View Profile
Yes, i just pushed the new debug commands to github. Check it out, recompile and start with

-debugvote=1 -reindex=1

You'll get a folder with detailed info for each election next to your debug.log file.
Perfect, I'll get that done over the next week then. Probably will just be a very simple site but guess it doesn't need to be very complex does it.
 Vote for me to be CNO of memorycoin if you want these services. Just send 1 satoshi!

Offline FreeTrade

• View Profile
Can I have the script for the election result? I would like to create a site with the results or you could give that to the CMO

OFFTOPIC: isaacgoldbourne, if you can do it this would be very valuable information for people. You can just put a page somewhere and I will link it from memorycoin.info

Yes - if you could make that debug folder public on the web, it would be very useful info for voters. Maybe do some replacements, putting the candidates names in rather than the voting addresses would make it much more transparent.

Offline FreeTrade

• View Profile
Yes, i just pushed the new debug commands to github. Check it out, recompile and start with

-debugvote=1 -reindex=1

You'll get a folder with detailed info for each election next to your debug.log file.

Offline belltown

• View Profile
Can I have the script for the election result? I would like to create a site with the results or you could give that to the CMO

OFFTOPIC: isaacgoldbourne, if you can do it this would be very valuable information for people. You can just put a page somewhere and I will link it from memorycoin.info
How I've earned 0.088 BTC for making few forum posts on LetsTalkBitcoin - https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=6684

Offline isaacgoldbourne

• View Profile
That is the most recent election. I don't think he has 111,000 coins - that's the same coins being sent to himself over and over again as change. The balance is 15,000 or so.
Ah didn't spot that!

Carry on as normal.

Offline FreeTrade

• View Profile
That is the most recent election. I don't think he has 111,000 coins - that's the same coins being sent to himself over and over again as change. The balance is 15,000 or so.

Offline isaacgoldbourne

• View Profile

111,000 votes which come from himself. The other votes really count for jacks*it. While its not as bad as the others he is not the one chosen by the majority. Just himself.

I'm not seeing what you're seeing -

--------cno--------
Total coin issued: 1496147
Total of Voters' Balances: 90811
Percentage of total issued coin voting: 6 percent
Droop Quota: 45405
-------------:
Round:0
Candidates with votes equalling more than 10% of Droop quota
Support: MVTEcno2tbsJWj7AQEyEjgk72j94hbPHFm (27074)
Support: MVTEcnoRdaxtsBP5JS2e4jwLquBmHZDFSD (23288)
Support: MVTEcnohMwEhdrHWTf69mGBKo3HCHfMz5Q (6888)
Support: MVTEcnoqHvr7AWRSBFUSpVCBKcxUfxVEad (30810)
Candidates Eliminated (3)
Candidate Eliminated: MVTEcnohMwEhdrHWTf69mGBKo3HCHfMz5Q (6888)

Support: MVTEcnoRdaxtsBP5JS2e4jwLquBmHZDFSD (23288)
Candidate Eliminated: MVTEcnoRdaxtsBP5JS2e4jwLquBmHZDFSD (23288)

Candidate Eliminated: MVTEcno2tbsJWj7AQEyEjgk72j94hbPHFm (27074)

Candidate Elected: MVTEcnoqHvr7AWRSBFUSpVCBKcxUfxVEad (30810)
Surplus Transfer Value: 0
Add grant award to Block MVTEcnoqHvr7AWRSBFUSpVCBKcxUfxVEad (53)

Winner Support:

--MVTEcnoqHvr7AWRSBFUSpVCBKcxUfxVEad
-->15167 MG7BQJRFfVjwgoJqXDGy7Sqx6scQr6jRqa
-->7511 MHodpHe3qVMzGKtgcrjwRQdvUTEyaXfHPE
-->6574 MVmEkxcCFVEkMyg2GohFiPKqqrGDBAzrLn
-->967 MABLkGrewRvVC6M3AG5p2nFizNHodaTzM6
-->569 MKLm1ZE4Fk3pvj2mvV3UvgRNWLMRSEXPys
-->12 MHYyMzwDi5nuqwPX3fjG1EiSHnAngDhNpC
-->6 MJ1A6k1soyWYvyAthxQydfCLfXP8k1gbfA
Look at the most recent election. Its now that, except change that address on the top to have 111,000 coins. The rest of the votes equal 15,000. I'm on about 45,000 atm