Author Topic: Beyond Bitcoin (BTS) Hangout w/ Bytemaster Fri @ 10AM EST  (Read 3201 times)

Tuck Fheman

Edit: Theyre up like 80% today, wtf.

The community is fracturing (my assessment after spending time on their slack and talking with others). Kevlar is trying to take the project in a different direction, but from last I know he was not wanting to create a new coin, but instead "hijack" (for lack of a better term) the existing Feathercoin (which I don't think will fly with Pete or any of the other long time hodlers). Mirrax may chime in on this as well.

There have been some pretty heated slack sessions over the past month, so much so the forum was shut down for a bit and a new slack was created. It will be interesting to see how this progresses.

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

Whatever coin it is.. I hope it is a legitimate coin.

It takes one bad apple right now to spoil it for the rest.

While incentives are great to encourage adoption.. I hope there is still some degree of vetting and due diligence to ensure bitshares at this tender stage should become known as the place scamcoins go.
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
bytemaster : We're trying to provide incentives for any coin to abandon their coin and move it to an asset on the BitShares platform. There is one major altcoin going to be doing that some time "This Summer".

Hmm, what could it be?

Maybe Namecoin, since a Namecoin dev is working on Bitshares now?

My guess would be Feathercoin.  ;)

Right, they were considering DPOS.

But do they even count as major? :P

Edit: Theyre up like 80% today, wtf.  Why cant good coins with actual features get pumps like this?  Why always random proof of work stuff like this and VTC?
« Last Edit: June 10, 2015, 09:16:36 pm by Ander »
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Tuck Fheman

bytemaster : We're trying to provide incentives for any coin to abandon their coin and move it to an asset on the BitShares platform. There is one major altcoin going to be doing that some time "This Summer".

Hmm, what could it be?

My guess would be Feathercoin.  ;)

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander

Hmm, what could it be?

https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

38PTSWarrior

That+s a bummer. No, dono anything, keep pushing Tuck Fheman :-)

Tuck Fheman

FWIW, Soundcloud has threatened to ban meh for posting too many comments.  :-\

I had to create another account to finish this off last night.  Does anyone know of a way to bypass that restriction with them?

Offline fuzzy

WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline fuzzy

RT Jacob and the Crew at MetaDev Hangout @ 9am EST Here

Offline fuzzy

This Hangout is w/ Bytemaster of BitShares SuperDAC

Please ask questions here

Follow the twitter: @Beyond_Bitcoin
Retweet This Week's Hangout [ANN]!

Or better yet--Join us!  For updates on upcoming events, attend, record and report live from our Mumble Server!