Author Topic: whats going to happen with sparkles DAC  (Read 4856 times)

Offline Erlich Bachman

• I'm a pro
    • View Profile
Sparkle was actually pretty unique. It incorporated mining to bring coins into circulation and also had delegates who served to quickky process ttransactions. They were called "workers".

now does it have value? Who knows...all i do know for certain is that if we never stop to consinder supporting new chains that try to innovate, we will never get support of them. Cryptos interested in the same things as us should be considered as potentially very valuable.  Id say lets support it and trade it on the bitshares decentralized exchange.

OK, I capitulate. If BM can love POW, then so can I.  Someone please give me the ticker for Sparkles so I can get some innovation.
You own the network, but who pays for development?

Offline fuzzy

Sparkle was actually pretty unique. It incorporated mining to bring coins into circulation and also had delegates who served to quickky process ttransactions. They were called "workers".

now does it have value? Who knows...all i do know for certain is that if we never stop to consinder supporting new chains that try to innovate, we will never get support of them. Cryptos interested in the same things as us should be considered as potentially very valuable.  Id say lets support it and trade it on the bitshares decentralized exchange (if it ever is released).
« Last Edit: July 09, 2015, 07:04:10 pm by fuzzy »
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
The only unique thing about it was that it was POW coin partially sharedropped onto the bitshares community (BTS/PTS/AGS).

Memory coin was a POW coin sharedropped on you.  What did you do with that one?

I wasnt into Bitshares back then, so I dont know anything about it. :P
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
I can mine 1,000,000 other coins that I can trade for BTS as well, whats new?

sorry, I mean "UNIQUE" about Sparkles. 

BitShares has many unique features....well, at least until you introduce BTS2 WTF?

I thought that you could already minebitshares.  Isn't there a guy around here that just created a workaround for this feature that is so cool that you need to confuse our audience with spamchains?

The only unique thing about it was that it was POW coin partially sharedropped onto the bitshares community (BTS/PTS/AGS).

"Industrial grade POW"?

Switching off warp drive, slow to impulse, drop anchor, um, engage!  Ahead, horsefactor 1...

Kind of reminds me of the Hooter's Guys mandate some in Washington DC thought was a good idea...

Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander

BitShares has many unique features....well, at least until you introduce BTS2 WTF?

I thought that you could already minebitshares.  Isn't there a guy around here that just created a workaround for this feature that is so cool that you need to confuse our audience with spamchains?

https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Erlich Bachman

• I'm a pro
    • View Profile

Seriously, mine LTC, convert to BTS (insert mindblow gif).  How is this any different?

What year is it, anyway? and how many of them have you already spent trying to convince people that DPOS POW is just as secure as OG POW.  We got real POW to pump around here, why introduce POW2? and at the exact same time?  seriously?  Hosky is that you?

ahhhhhh LOL you got me man!

Mine a parallel BTS2/POW2 chain!..... hilarious... good one man.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2015, 05:34:48 pm by Erlich Bachman »
You own the network, but who pays for development?

Offline testz

Yes, that is exactly what we need.  More parallel shartchains, fartchains, and shartchains.  Sorry, I mean, what can I do with Sparkles that I cannot do with BitShares?

You can mine Sparkles  :)

Offline sschechter

• View Profile
i support sparkle pow launch too, but really strange sparkle no say nothing on forum months ago

pow scene sure atract ton of miners and traders

Probably cause its just some guy trying to make a quick buck. F him. We want an industrial grade solution built by a solid team over an extended period of time, not some shit a guy forked and spent a week coding in his basement. Its pointless. There's no real value in it.  This community just wants free shares. Lets not waste our time hoping for junk.
BTSX: sschechter
PTS: PvBUyPrDRkJLVXZfvWjdudRtQgv1Fcy5Qe

Offline infovortice2013

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • BitShares en español
  • BitShares: traderx
i support sparkle pow launch too, but really strange sparkle no say nothing on forum months ago

pow scene sure atract ton of miners and traders
New Keyoteeid: 5rUhuLCDWUA2FStkKVRTWYEqY1mZhwpfVdRmYEvMRFRD1bqYAL
new08/21 id 5Sjf3LMuYPSeNnjLYXmAoHj5Z6TPCmwmfXD6XwDmg27dwfQ

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
 +5% My full support also! If he will continue it would be a pleasure to continue with assisting on graphic related side, like Splashscreen / logo etc .. guess currently sparkle putted a hold on this
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

Should we license it to him?  Why?

Yes. "100 million initial sparks allocated 50/50 AGS/PTS as of November 5th."

If he comes around again and still wants to do a proof of work chain then I'll let him.

BunkerMining FULLY supports this!!! :D :D :D  +5% +5% +5%
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline bytemaster

If he comes around again and still wants to do a proof of work chain then I'll let him.
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains

Offline bytemaster

He would have to update the consensus for POW again.
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline monsterer

My opinions do not represent those of metaexchange unless explicitly stated.