Author Topic: NXT and BTS on a common Graphine blockchain  (Read 8666 times)

Offline sudo

• View Profile
  • BitShares: ags
snapshot NXT  & issue a asset?

Tuck Fheman

Yup I've already worked out a design need to implement.. hopefully it will give an idea of how to implement and get picked up by bitshare devs. I will try to keep it a seperate c++ lib so it can be reusable in any c++ project.

Please join the Beyond Bitcoin Hangout on Saturday, July 25th @ 2PM UTC when fuzzy talks with CIYAM and Qora Devs ... https://beyondbitcoin.org/mumbleinfo

Offline cylonmaker2053

• Saving the world one block at a time
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: cylonmaker2053
i have a feeling bts is about to explode any day now... its the right time to put the TPS news out there.

Yes.  The chart for the past several months looks like a huge cup and handle.  And even that handle looks like a mini cup and handle. :)

I feel like BTS should be over 2 cents already.  When Darkcoin (aka Dash) did that rebrand and came out with "instant" transactions and masternodes, its price went up a ton.  BTS just came out advertising stats that are WAYYY better than that, and will support 100000 TPS at a time when Bitcoin's major problem is this blocksize/TPS issue that no one can get consensus on. 

And BTS is still massively oversold from that absurd decline of the past few months. 

We are on the verge of an enormous rise.  I've got another 100k purchase coming as soon as I receive some coinbase BTC.  I just hope its in time.

i always love your optimism  +5%

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile
i would personally like qora to join, bc of AT and their blockchain hosted web pages. or something that complements with our DNS/Voting projects, that would make sense. Which ones do you know that could fill those requirements?
once every coin  implements AT then you have true DEX between all the coins using ACCT.

this

+5% +5%

Amen. BTW, Beyond Bitcoin will be doing a show in the coming weeks with Vrontis from Qora, vbcs from Qora/CIYAM, Ian Knowles from CIYAM and cass (see above) from CIYAM/BitShares.
I am implementing at in the first bitcoin based clone the only oned that exists are in java.. perhaps once I do this then bts team can check out the source in c++ and port over to bitshares 2.0.

Im working with ian and vasilis (vbcs)

lel, I read the first sentence and was ready to reply with, "you should talk to CIYAM". ;)

Yup I've already worked out a design need to implement.. hopefully it will give an idea of how to implement and get picked up by bitshare devs. I will try to keep it a seperate c++ lib so it can be reusable in any c++ project.
Hired by blockchain | Developer
delegate: dev.sidhujag

Tuck Fheman

i would personally like qora to join, bc of AT and their blockchain hosted web pages. or something that complements with our DNS/Voting projects, that would make sense. Which ones do you know that could fill those requirements?
once every coin  implements AT then you have true DEX between all the coins using ACCT.

this

+5% +5%

Amen. BTW, Beyond Bitcoin will be doing a show in the coming weeks with Vrontis from Qora, vbcs from Qora/CIYAM, Ian Knowles from CIYAM and cass (see above) from CIYAM/BitShares.
I am implementing at in the first bitcoin based clone the only oned that exists are in java.. perhaps once I do this then bts team can check out the source in c++ and port over to bitshares 2.0.

lel, I read the first sentence and was ready to reply with, "you should talk to CIYAM". ;)

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile

this

+5% +5%

Offline Troglodactyl

• View Profile
Sorry but isn't it more likely that BTS would be re-implemented in NXT?  Not trying to start a flamewar here, just saying they DO have this...   http://nxt.org/about/monetary-system/

The main reason I prefer BTS to NXT is the solid pegging mechanism and yield interest on bitUSD.
I know more than a handful of others that feel pretty much the same way.

If bitUSD is changing, then it changes the whole value proposition in my mind.  Nevertheless that pegging mechanism is essential to widespread adoption.  The yield is admittedly secondary, but I would hold a whole lot less bitUSD if there wasn't a good yield.

Thanks for the info guys, it's helpful!

Does NXT have a way to balance the trustlessness of more decentralization against the cost of additional redundancy intelligently?  That's the core of why I think BitShares has a chance of scaling to handle mainstream adoption.  Without that, I think other networks will choke on success and become either centralized, unprofitable, or both.

Certainly the actual user features are important, but without an economically sustainable core design to carry them, they're wasted.

Tuck Fheman

this

+5% +5%

« Last Edit: July 18, 2015, 11:30:34 pm by Tuck Fheman »

Tuck Fheman

Sorry but isn't it more likely that BTS would be re-implemented in NXT?

That would probably look like this ...

Dedicated to EvilDave

Offline tbone

• View Profile
  • BitShares: tbone2
Sorry but isn't it more likely that BTS would be re-implemented in NXT?  Not trying to start a flamewar here, just saying they DO have this...   http://nxt.org/about/monetary-system/

Have you checked out Bitshares User-issued Assets?
https://bitshares.org/technology/user-issued-assets/

The main reason I prefer BTS to NXT is the solid pegging mechanism and yield interest on bitUSD.

If bitUSD is changing, then it changes the whole value proposition in my mind.  Nevertheless that pegging mechanism is essential to widespread adoption.  The yield is admittedly secondary, but I would hold a whole lot less bitUSD if there wasn't a good yield.

If I'm not mistaken, you will still be able to earn a yield in Bitshares 2.0, but not just by having your bitUSD sitting there.  You actually have to lend it out.  This can be done via the Collateralized Bond Market feature:

https://bitshares.org/technology/collateralized-bond-market/   

Offline devlux

• View Profile

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile

this
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile

Offline VoR0220

Remember. This is a decentralized exchange. This is for acquiring DOGE or NXT. Not for actually purchasing with them. Atleast that was my takeaway.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads