Author Topic: $500 Bounty - Invictus Innovations Logo & Website Theme  (Read 27644 times)

Offline m_smalley

• View Profile
    • R1 DOT MY
Totally agree that the thing that needs the most work now is the explanations.

At the moment, most of the pages have a preaching (fight the cause) feel and also seem to have evolved over time.

With whichever design you use, I would strongly suggest paying for or placing a bounty on "copy-writing" too.

You have clearly defined visions and goals, etc - lots of material to work with, but "sales" copy is a whole other kettle of fish.

Like it or not, we do need to sell the idea (to those that are unconvinced) and the best way to do that it through succinct wording.

Offline bytemaster

howardroark,  I must say that I like you elegant design very much.  Less clutter and very modern.   
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline howardroark

• View Profile
cassiopaia, thanks for your critique.  I modeled the design after popular themes used in mobile websites.  Flat design emphasizes the content, and is definitely a major component in having a modern looking design.  I think you'd agree that the last thing you want is for a re-design to look dated on day one.  Yes it's true that many websites have started using these types of designs, but I don't see it as a bad thing. In fact it's a mark of quality and innovation. Websites that don't have a flat design are tending to look dated now.

I think you're in good company in not being a fan of Twitter and Facebook. It's a sentiment many share in the Bitcoin community.  However they are really good tools to use to reach people who otherwise would't be exposed to your products. Twitter is extremely popular among tech-oriented people, and becoming increasingly more popular with a mainstream crowd.  Not having a Twitter account for a tech startup is almost like not having a website.  It's all about cultivating the community aspect, and doing so on the forefront of technology.

Distinguishing from others is definitely important. III is very unique, and I personally believe that the potential for Keyhotee is tremendous. It truly is the first of its kind. Like I said previously though, I don't see that the most important part of this re-design is the interface.  Yes flat is trendy and nice, but it's not so important that you use less drop shadows or that the iconography is perfect. What's much more important is that your message is heard and understood. What the website really needs is a better focus.

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
Thx howardroark for your submission! I think this design is like the classic bootstrap design using by many cryptocoin sites. Iam also thinking  we should distinguish from other coins on the market  cause III is unique ... Iam not a big fan of Twitter/FB & Co.  but thats my personal opinion ... think there are much more ways to go viral .. :)

« Last Edit: November 27, 2013, 12:25:34 am by cassiopaia »
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline howardroark

• View Profile
Here's my submission.  I went with a flat UI because that communicates that you're at the cutting edge of technology. No drop shadows or anything like that, as those are starting to look dated. Judging from your website I see that Keyhotee will be released in a month, so I designed with the focus around that. News has been rebranded as Blog, because it has more of a community oriented feel than a press release feel. Twitter, Facebook, and YouTube icons have been added to give a focus to social networks. Social networks help websites grow, with not really any negative effects. Right now a strong social presence is critical to startups.

You definitely want to put your relation to Bitcoin at the forefront, so Bitcoin is in a big font and showcased.

To be honest I don't think the big issue with your website is the interface. What needs a bit of work is how you explain your products.  Keyhotee is a really great idea, but it's hard to understand what exactly it is from your site. Right now it's perfect for people like me who understand Bitcoin, and have done a lot of research on it. Unfortunately most people who just know about Bitcoin from seeing it on TV and in news articles are going to leave the site confused, without even having an idea of what it's about.

I propose that you make the site a bit more mainstream, with the important details on subpages. As it stands right now it's not very accessible to the general public, but I really believe your product offerings deserve to be.  This is something I could work with you in if your'e interested.  I specialize in mobile UX & UI design, but most of it translates pretty well to regular website design.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2013, 10:35:19 pm by howardroark »

Offline bytemaster

ok, cool!  When is deadline for upload a submission!? 28th November!? just curious ..

indeed good question ...

December 1 is when we will decide for sure.  Super3 and I have the Thanksgiving holiday with family between now and then.
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline jan

• View Profile
ok, cool!  When is deadline for upload a submission!? 28th November!? just curious ..

indeed good question ...
You must have chaos within you to give birth to a dancing star - F. Nietzsche

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline howardroark

• View Profile
Is anyone else preparing any entries? I think jan pretty much won hands down.

I'm preparing one. Should be ready in a few hours

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
i like Jans submission also :) Nice design ...

Offline jan

• View Profile
First of all thx you for your votes ... thank you well

One thing I do not like is the Invictus Logo...
Probably will have to work on that separate.

Iam absolutly with you super3. Thinking best way is to seperate the tasK!
As Dan knows iam sitting on the drafts of III i guess more then the last 2 month :) ! Its the royal task to solve ...

As iam also in investor of III cause iam a true believer... and so i want the best for III - in point of design etc - its my passion and my attitude to make the best graphic stuff go work for III!

Ok the first draft with the Horse statue you don't like also Bytemaster!?

Perhaps it would help, if we make a list which values and things we wanna transport with our logo? If III want i could manage all design tasks in future too! I have designed the Protoshares Icon also and i am thinking best way to get a one line communication design output it when one designer is responsible for design part... but thats my opinion... let me know what do you think about ...
You must have chaos within you to give birth to a dancing star - F. Nietzsche

Offline ralphte

• View Profile
I have to agree Jan's design is good stuff not perfect but a REALLY good start!
« Last Edit: November 26, 2013, 10:21:58 am by ralphte »

Offline super3

• View Profile
Probably will have to work on that separate.

Offline bytemaster

Offline m_smalley

• View Profile
    • R1 DOT MY
Nice work Jan - no worries on logo - not much else (simplistic) can be done with such a long set of words :-)

Love the way you have incorporated transparency into your theme and also like the simple icons you have put front and centre.

My only " real " criticism would be the main navigation - would love to see that infinite from left to right (with logo and links still centred to line-up with content).

Am not usually a huge fan of making huge abstract images the background or main focal point (which is why I went for screen-shot), but in this case it kind of works quite nicely.