Author Topic: $500 Bounty - Invictus Innovations Logo & Website Theme  (Read 27657 times)

Offline bytemaster

Here is my first attempt for a logo/theme for ProtoShares.. Give me some feedback - http://www.imm.io/1m9hR

I do not think it would scale down well. 
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline bytemaster

I am finally home with a working internet connection and am just getting caught up on everything that has gone on.  First of all I would like to thank Super3 for fronting some money for this Bounty while I was traveling without access to my BTC.   I would like to thank Amazon for breaking up the resulting fight.   

This is a very difficult situation because there was misunderstanding on both sides and apparently there was not a meeting of the minds.  I want to be fair to everyone and the mission of what we are doing is more important than any one of us because how this plays out affects not just Jan, but also everyone who holds PTS and cares about BitShares.   So here is my perspective and how I am going to handle it. 

I believe firmly that absent a clear meeting of the minds that people should still receive value for value.  In this case we have Jan stating that the 'value' of his work is:

"- usual price for sceendesign with logo is about 1000$-1500$

At the time he said this BTC was around $200 so 5 BTC is what I would have paid out based upon this:

Note:  This bounty is only for the look & feel of the website, not for the CSS / application of the style.  The logo is a part of this deliverable and should be its own image.

Bounty to be paid in BTC using BitStamp price at time of payment.

So we have established a meeting of the mind on the value of the work as being about $1000.    The 'dispute' is about who gets to keep the gains from BTC's price appreciation, but there is a reason we quoted the bounty in dollars and that is because Invictus does our budget based upon dollars and not BTC.  We use BTC as a payment vehicle but not as a pricing system.    As a result neither Jan nor Invictus realized the $4000 gain that would have resulted.   The cost of this misunderstanding would equal an entire developer-month of C++ work on BitShares and Keyhotee and my conclusion is that such a cost to the development of BitShares and Keyhotee just to grant Jan a something-for-nothing gain is not in the best interest of the PTS community.     

Jan's submission was only half complete (No logo that we accepted) and the half that was produced was half-copied from another submitter.   The truth is that we opted to combine elements from both submissions in a unique design that should actually belong entirely to Super3 based upon Jan's logic that his copied design should be considered an original.   

I also firmly believe that had there been a general understanding that the bounty was worth $5000 that many other designers would have produced superior entries.  If Jan really wants to hold us to the 5 BTC technicality then it would only be fair to give others an opportunity compete based upon that new understanding as well.  In such a case I doubt Jan would win.  My conclusion is that everyone but Jan was operating under the impression that this bounty was less than $1000 in value and several others have stated that $500 was more than fair.

Super3 was delegated authority to judge this competition and select the best.  As he is a 3rd party who's interest in the outcome is the same as any holder of PTS I am going to stand by his judgment.  I even kicked in extra funds so that both submissions got more than 50% at Super3's request because he felt it would be more fair.   

If you are not happy with the decision of Super3, then we can return your design elements like you returned Super3's money.   In the future I would tend to be more sympathetic toward your position if you had granted me the same sympathy and understanding instead of airing your accusations and demands in public while you knew I was traveling.   

Super3's decision stands.

Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline Amazon

• View Profile
    • Bitshares Forum
Break

Both of you please calm down, grab a beer and have some rest.

I am locking this topic until bytemaster come back to forum.
Forum Donation: PforumPLfVQXTi4QpQqKwoChXHkoHcxGuA

Offline jeff777

• View Profile
Here is my first attempt for a logo/theme for ProtoShares.. Give me some feedback - http://www.imm.io/1m9hR

Offline jan

• View Profile
I paid you out of my personal wallet, just to help expedite things while everyone is still flying back. So if you don't want to show me the amount of patience and respect that I'm trying to show you, don't expect it from me any longer.

https://blockchain.info/address/1DcLycgwCP3xUaneiG9bmmyiP8SFPRNagN

paid back the amount you paid me out of your personal wallet!
bounty still unpaid

1DasXriNEw3Q3MaZL7GesTh9nyQbRxDDnb

Pls pay bounty amount as you promise before, i must go to bed know ... we'll see tomorrow
« Last Edit: December 13, 2013, 12:12:49 am by jan »
You must have chaos within you to give birth to a dancing star - F. Nietzsche

Offline jan

• View Profile
This topic clearly says $500, and now you want $2000+. Suddenly I'm the bad guy because I just want to double check with Bytemaster first?

I paid you out of my personal wallet, just to help expedite things while everyone is still flying back. So if you don't want to show me the amount of patience and respect that I'm trying to show you, don't expect it from me any longer.

i showed patience since days of getting no repsonse! just a little PM - all fine ... but no

Offline super3

• View Profile
This topic clearly says $500, and now you want $2000+. Suddenly I'm the bad guy because I just want to double check with Bytemaster first?

Offline jan

• View Profile
iam angry about this bounty practise here! Sry but its not a fair game ! I have done a lots of work the past weeks! I sent 2 submissions which takes me a couple of days to design... i want to do the best for Invictus to get unique suit for their business!

Ok I will up the bounty to 5btc.

Now,  i get for this not like byte posted in OP (bounty up to 5BTC), but 0.313 btc for my work!
But i should get 2.5 plus 5% as super3 said on one of those posts.

I think we will end up splitting the bounty between both parties because we will be combining elements from both.   Super3 will provide more details.

Then byte decided to split the bounty its ok but when you split the bounty pls pay me 2.5 BTC plus 5% bump

You both will receive 50% of the bounty, plus a 5% bump for each. We love both of your designs and probably incorporate features from both. Thanks for all the hard work you have put in. You both have proved yourself quite capable, and I may contact you both later for some later mockups that we will need for further projects.

Please provide the source files, and a BTC address for payment.

I wrote super3 before and asked him to pay me the rest, i got this answer

In the bounty thread it says: "Bounty to be paid in BTC using BitStamp price at time of payment."

Woah - really - that is the way you want to go - fair - you think!?
When you wanna be honest then pay me the rest of the bounty...

next PM i got then

Ok you can return BTC to 1DcLycgwCP3xUaneiG9bmmyiP8SFPRNagN

I'll talk to Bytemaster, and see what he wants to do. The topic says $500, so if he wants to honor that other post then he will pay that bounty.

Why i should resent it now? He said this in post before ! The title older then the post with up to 5BTC!

so if he wants to honor that other post then he will pay that bounty.

You can start a bounty and then after it ends decide to not pay for it!!!!!

Come on guys be honest and play fair! It isn't a good publicty for Invictus here...

« Last Edit: December 13, 2013, 12:04:17 am by jan »

Offline jan

• View Profile

Offline que23

• View Profile
For a good professional website even 5 BTC is a little low. Here is what I did for Peercoin: http://peercoin.net/
Are you looking for something along those lines?

Yes, that kind of quality, though I don't like some of the textures there.

But that video sure was nice.
PTS: Pa75dEzGkMcnM85hRMbdKiS1YdF81rnSCF

Offline jeff777

• View Profile
I will do it for $500! No worries! I will get back to you in 3 days with the product! Where can I email the finished product? You can pay me in PTS.

Offline jan

• View Profile
bounty isn't paid till now! Any update on this !? Have sent the source files, pls transfer the btc
« Last Edit: December 10, 2013, 12:30:06 pm by jan »

Offline devilfish

• View Profile
Should update the thread title to reflect the bounty being paid...
BTC: 1MqCxQ2qD7ZuS3ELFY43wfaBTbA2XkYwDP
PTS: PiuFEJHz6zScALgPWzcu2SDKtWJW4cnUFi
XPM: Af5qzgsEwWaHZdGUq8dUoHkhmH4XBmnGW9

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
contest is over i guess. contest duration was 11-1 - 12-1
« Last Edit: December 09, 2013, 11:51:53 pm by cassiopaia »
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline Amazingdom

• View Profile
Are you guys still taking submissions for the website. I just came across this contest.

Offline jan

• View Profile
file sent per PM to super3 ...

here my btc address for the bounty: 1DasXriNEw3Q3MaZL7GesTh9nyQbRxDDnb

pls post tx if done ... thx again

jan

Offline super3

• View Profile
Provide .ai and .psd if you can. Static .png will also help.

Offline jan

• View Profile
You both will receive 50% of the bounty, plus a 5% bump for each. We love both of your designs and probably incorporate features from both. Thanks for all the hard work you have put in. You both have proved yourself quite capable, and I may contact you both later for some later mockups that we will need for further projects.

ok cool thx! Which format you prefer. Source file is .ai ! Pls post your prefered format ... thx ... iam travelling next days so hoping its ok, when sending the files on end of the week. and will sent you my second submission, right?

Offline super3

• View Profile

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
I think we will end up splitting the bounty between both parties because we will be combining elements from both.   Super3 will provide more details.

i like this diplomatic way to go ... thumbs up
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline devilfish

• View Profile
I think in future closed submissions would be pretty bloody appropriate with all the submissions being displayed to the public after the cut off date...but anyways not really a site for a DAC so I don't care, but anyone wanting to start a DAC let this thread be a lesson...

Offline bytemaster

Offline robozombie

• Technoholic
    • View Profile
May the one with the best design win! Now grab a cup of coffee and get back to work! ;D
Robozombie

Offline Number 1

• View Profile
This is fantastic. Kudos to byte paste for using the forum like this. This is why PTS and bitshares will be successful. Generating a strong following through involvement of the public and transparency!
PTS: Pj8UH9ExVidcFd4LKtEgPSrwrtpYhPhug8

Offline devilfish

• View Profile

Offline jan

• View Profile
As i said before i will publish a second alternative draft... So i'll sumbit both designs.
I am following this thread, and it's my freedom to experiment and make a new adapted design when I get the feeling people want it to go into a certain direction.. And that's all there is to it really. I don't think there's a rule that says we can't experiment, reinvent or adapt designs or ideas ?

I don't think that this kind of discussion is very productive or effective for the results III needs. I could also argue that you got your design from www.peercoin.net or one of the other cryptosites, did Braun copy apple and microsoft apple or xerox ? Everybody copies everything.

Which is weird, but I guess explainable by your large use of templates and UI kits such as http://dribbble.com/shots/1001798-UI-Kit-PSD/attachments/118155 & http://dribbble.com/shots/947782-Freebie-PSD-Flat-UI-Kit/attachments/107093

You are right, I use some free UI template pieces and put this in a context to fit III! They're free and have been put out there for that purpose.

Offline howardroark

• View Profile
Nice design Jan. Although I'm feeling a bit copied, considering this was your design before I posted mine:

Quote from: Jan

You seemed to have COMPLETELY changed your design style after I posted mine, and removed your previous design to hide that drastic change. Your large focus on drop shadows and gradients is COMPLETELY gone. Which is weird, but I guess explainable by your large use of templates and UI kits such as http://dribbble.com/shots/1001798-UI-Kit-PSD/attachments/118155 & http://dribbble.com/shots/947782-Freebie-PSD-Flat-UI-Kit/attachments/107093

I mean it's one thing to adapt your design, but you completely dropped  everything you had, including your news section, charts section. It looks like you based your new design on mine, which I feel is a bit unfair, and usually why these types of contests are kept under wraps (see: 99designs.com).

Offline Pocket Sand

• View Profile
Wow, some great themes..  Master, your gona have a hard time picking..
Yup, great turn-out with skilled graphic designers, invictus-innovations and tradebitshares.com really needs an update as well  :)

Offline NineLives

• View Profile
    • BITCOIN TALK PROFILE
Wow, some great themes..  Master, your gona have a hard time picking..
Keyhotee / BTSX:  Merah    PTS:  PskEDN4AeWc1trW4zV7DGGTQi3y5LeVhFR 

BTC Mining Hardware IN STOCK NOW:  http://www.mininghardware.co.uk

Offline super3

• View Profile
Looks like Jan came back swinging. This is going to be a tight one.

Offline jan

• View Profile
Glad you like it ...

@robozombie: No.. using Illustrator for design. its just UI design .. but thx for your hint. Didn't know that before .. looks promising .. will dive into later ...

@Amazon: Thx for your words - I'm flattered ... thx

good luck to all involved for the vote...
Cheers
Jan

Offline robozombie

• Technoholic
    • View Profile
It's kind of clear to me, but I want to ask, anyway, Jan: are you using purecss.io on this project? Very clean & beautiful, by the way ;D I +1 for it!
Robozombie

Offline Amazon

• View Profile
    • Bitshares Forum
Thanks jan. looks nice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Will we have a vote? I think jan's design is the best and most unique one for a company's front-page, and very compatible to ProtoShares.

Offline bytemaster

Thanks jan. looks nice

Offline jan

• View Profile
here we go part II - alternative design - different slider shots ...

pure screen

if you like .. i have more screens  done for this layout .. with subnavigation etc.
BTW this desgin is a grid design also...

Colors are fast changeable if you want to use other colors...

When scrolling down the site.. the top nav is sticky on top over the hole scrolling site. If you want me to show how .. let me know.

What i want to say... the contest isn't in good structure .... Logo & Design task or just design task .. 5 BTC bounty or 500$ bounty ...
Are those tasks divided now? Just curious about! usual way of design ... first logo and colors .. then screen design with CI colors ...
If the tasks are seperat, whats new bounty price for just design? Looking forward hearing from you ...

@bytemaster: i had a lot of work with those design.. Doesn't matter if i win or not i want to publish those designs on my ref post and site. Wanna
ask if its ok for you ...

Hope you'll enjoy my alternative design ...
Cheers
Jan
« Last Edit: November 29, 2013, 03:01:04 pm by jan »

Offline robozombie

• Technoholic
    • View Profile
Totally agree that the thing that needs the most work now is the explanations.

At the moment, most of the pages have a preaching (fight the cause) feel and also seem to have evolved over time.

With whichever design you use, I would strongly suggest paying for or placing a bounty on "copy-writing" too.

You have clearly defined visions and goals, etc - lots of material to work with, but "sales" copy is a whole other kettle of fish.

Like it or not, we do need to sell the idea (to those that are unconvinced) and the best way to do that it through succinct wording.
You're definitely right! I do have lots of hope for III, too! I know this is going to be bigger than Bitcoins! So, I believe you can find good copywriters at the Warrior Forum, I've met good people over there and they know their stuff! Some of them may be involved in cryptocurrencies as well.
Robozombie

Offline bytemaster

Offline howardroark

• View Profile
chech this out, looks cool ey..do u think that we should get something on the same style? :D

Flat design is really popular among mobile apps, but hasn't really broken through yet on the regular computer side. Windows 8 is really pushing for that though.

Glad to hear you like the design Pocket Sand.

I really appreciate the positive feedback. I've been re-working it for the past couple days, and this time I've added in my design strategy so you can see what some of my thoughts were when coming up with this design.

Offline Pocket Sand

• View Profile
+1 for howardroark's design, really clean design

Offline voldemort628

• View Profile
Glad to hear you like my design bytemaster. I'm excited for your new re-design, whichever you pick. I hope everything will be in place in time for the Keyhotee launch!  If you need any help designing the Keyhotee client I'd be interested in that also.

chech this out, looks cool ey..do u think that we should get something on the same style? :D

Offline howardroark

• View Profile
Glad to hear you like my design bytemaster. I'm excited for your new re-design, whichever you pick. I hope everything will be in place in time for the Keyhotee launch!  If you need any help designing the Keyhotee client I'd be interested in that also.

Offline super3

• View Profile

At the moment, most of the pages have a preaching (fight the cause) feel and also seem to have evolved over time.

With whichever design you use, I would strongly suggest paying for or placing a bounty on "copy-writing" too.

You have clearly defined visions and goals, etc - lots of material to work with, but "sales" copy is a whole other kettle of fish.

Like it or not, we do need to sell the idea (to those that are unconvinced) and the best way to do that it through succinct wording.

indeed thats very important  .. infographics etc. also
I agree.  We have brought someone on board to help and of course, would love to have help from the community.  As you can probably tell,  the success of PTS is highly correlated with the success of Invictus.   So anyone who wants to volunteer on the sales front is welcome.

Since PTS has launched an entire community has sprung up around us and we are frantically working to facilitate everyones contribution to the big picture.
Will have to some legwork to make an framework for what we need and then work from there. Once we organize the effort, we can make some big leaps and bounds.

Offline m_smalley

• View Profile
    • R1 DOT MY

Offline bytemaster

I agree.  We have brought someone on board to help and of course, would love to have help from the community.  As you can probably tell,  the success of PTS is highly correlated with the success of Invictus.   So anyone who wants to volunteer on the sales front is welcome.

Since PTS has launched an entire community has sprung up around us and we are frantically working to facilitate everyones contribution to the big picture.   

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile

Offline m_smalley

• View Profile
    • R1 DOT MY

Offline bytemaster

howardroark,  I must say that I like you elegant design very much.  Less clutter and very modern.   

Offline howardroark

• View Profile
cassiopaia, thanks for your critique.  I modeled the design after popular themes used in mobile websites.  Flat design emphasizes the content, and is definitely a major component in having a modern looking design.  I think you'd agree that the last thing you want is for a re-design to look dated on day one.  Yes it's true that many websites have started using these types of designs, but I don't see it as a bad thing. In fact it's a mark of quality and innovation. Websites that don't have a flat design are tending to look dated now.

I think you're in good company in not being a fan of Twitter and Facebook. It's a sentiment many share in the Bitcoin community.  However they are really good tools to use to reach people who otherwise would't be exposed to your products. Twitter is extremely popular among tech-oriented people, and becoming increasingly more popular with a mainstream crowd.  Not having a Twitter account for a tech startup is almost like not having a website.  It's all about cultivating the community aspect, and doing so on the forefront of technology.

Distinguishing from others is definitely important. III is very unique, and I personally believe that the potential for Keyhotee is tremendous. It truly is the first of its kind. Like I said previously though, I don't see that the most important part of this re-design is the interface.  Yes flat is trendy and nice, but it's not so important that you use less drop shadows or that the iconography is perfect. What's much more important is that your message is heard and understood. What the website really needs is a better focus.

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
Thx howardroark for your submission! I think this design is like the classic bootstrap design using by many cryptocoin sites. Iam also thinking  we should distinguish from other coins on the market  cause III is unique ... Iam not a big fan of Twitter/FB & Co.  but thats my personal opinion ... think there are much more ways to go viral .. :)

« Last Edit: November 27, 2013, 12:25:34 am by cassiopaia »

Offline howardroark

• View Profile
Here's my submission.  I went with a flat UI because that communicates that you're at the cutting edge of technology. No drop shadows or anything like that, as those are starting to look dated. Judging from your website I see that Keyhotee will be released in a month, so I designed with the focus around that. News has been rebranded as Blog, because it has more of a community oriented feel than a press release feel. Twitter, Facebook, and YouTube icons have been added to give a focus to social networks. Social networks help websites grow, with not really any negative effects. Right now a strong social presence is critical to startups.

You definitely want to put your relation to Bitcoin at the forefront, so Bitcoin is in a big font and showcased.

To be honest I don't think the big issue with your website is the interface. What needs a bit of work is how you explain your products.  Keyhotee is a really great idea, but it's hard to understand what exactly it is from your site. Right now it's perfect for people like me who understand Bitcoin, and have done a lot of research on it. Unfortunately most people who just know about Bitcoin from seeing it on TV and in news articles are going to leave the site confused, without even having an idea of what it's about.

I propose that you make the site a bit more mainstream, with the important details on subpages. As it stands right now it's not very accessible to the general public, but I really believe your product offerings deserve to be.  This is something I could work with you in if your'e interested.  I specialize in mobile UX & UI design, but most of it translates pretty well to regular website design.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2013, 10:35:19 pm by howardroark »

Offline bytemaster

ok, cool!  When is deadline for upload a submission!? 28th November!? just curious ..

indeed good question ...

December 1 is when we will decide for sure.  Super3 and I have the Thanksgiving holiday with family between now and then.

Offline jan

• View Profile
ok, cool!  When is deadline for upload a submission!? 28th November!? just curious ..

indeed good question ...

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile

Offline howardroark

• View Profile
Is anyone else preparing any entries? I think jan pretty much won hands down.

I'm preparing one. Should be ready in a few hours

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
i like Jans submission also :) Nice design ...

Offline jan

• View Profile
First of all thx you for your votes ... thank you well

One thing I do not like is the Invictus Logo...
Probably will have to work on that separate.

Iam absolutly with you super3. Thinking best way is to seperate the tasK!
As Dan knows iam sitting on the drafts of III i guess more then the last 2 month :) ! Its the royal task to solve ...

As iam also in investor of III cause iam a true believer... and so i want the best for III - in point of design etc - its my passion and my attitude to make the best graphic stuff go work for III!

Ok the first draft with the Horse statue you don't like also Bytemaster!?

Perhaps it would help, if we make a list which values and things we wanna transport with our logo? If III want i could manage all design tasks in future too! I have designed the Protoshares Icon also and i am thinking best way to get a one line communication design output it when one designer is responsible for design part... but thats my opinion... let me know what do you think about ...

Offline ralphte

• View Profile
I have to agree Jan's design is good stuff not perfect but a REALLY good start!
« Last Edit: November 26, 2013, 10:21:58 am by ralphte »

Offline super3

• View Profile
Probably will have to work on that separate.

Offline bytemaster

Offline m_smalley

• View Profile
    • R1 DOT MY
Nice work Jan - no worries on logo - not much else (simplistic) can be done with such a long set of words :-)

Love the way you have incorporated transparency into your theme and also like the simple icons you have put front and centre.

My only " real " criticism would be the main navigation - would love to see that infinite from left to right (with logo and links still centred to line-up with content).

Am not usually a huge fan of making huge abstract images the background or main focal point (which is why I went for screen-shot), but in this case it kind of works quite nicely.

Offline bytemaster

I will let super3 make the decision as our web lead. 

Offline voldemort628

• View Profile

Offline super3

• View Profile
I love it. Will need a bit of polish, but I think we can work with that template Bytemaster.

Offline solaaire

• praise the sun!
    • View Profile
Great work Jan!

Your most recent submission is fantastic.

Offline bytemaster

Offline jan

• View Profile
Hi all, here is my submission! I have sent this weeks before to bytemaster directly .. so pls bytemaster, can you pls confirm this, cause i don't  want  m_swalley think i have copy his logo idea!? This would be very nice... iam throwing my submission in contest ... let me give yo ua short explain to my design! First of all i like idea of KISS - keep it simple and stupid ... so iam thinking to much info on homescreen .. could scare some users ... so iam thinking how to route the users to right direction ... the main pillars of III are the products ... so keep this in front ...

Why those colors!? So green is color of hope and i have hope that III could change the ways of identifying and trading online...i decide to put products in slider a little bit like glass effect ... cause i want to reinforce the transparence effect (open source etc) ...

The only the news section and the PTS chart of past 48h all with chance to go more in detail when clicking on "more" buttons...

For Logo type i have decide to publish this logo now , but as you can see on my first post here ... i have a second submission ...
As you can see if have upload different view of page design cause i want to give little bit more feeling about.

I hope you'll enjoy my submision and i could hopefully explain my intension for using colors etc. ....
If you have question concerning about pls don't hesitate to contact my anytime.

Cheers
JAN

Hope you'll enjoy my drafts ....

EDIT: will publish my drafts again when contest is over ... will polish and make an alternative design tomorrow also :)
« Last Edit: November 26, 2013, 07:28:22 pm by jan »

Offline Amazon

• View Profile
    • Bitshares Forum
Not entirely sure what is meant by dull - but if referring to the main-content and black and white images, this is mostly because I was thinking A). They might be able to come to life when hovering over them - in-turn not distracting you in the process and B). They are by no means meant as final images - would need time and resources to pick out proper legally owned stock photography, but if possible, will always be best using either a consolidated icon-set or actual pictures of the real products...

If anyone has any other feedback, I would be happy to try out some variations, but for now, just wanted to focus on the spacing and organisation of information.

Colours can be easily changed universally through a few lines of CSS - layout is a whole other issue :-)

Personally, I like your design very much. The style , layout, color are sophisticated.

Offline m_smalley

• View Profile
    • R1 DOT MY
Not entirely sure what is meant by dull - but if referring to the main-content and black and white images, this is mostly because I was thinking A). They might be able to come to life when hovering over them - in-turn not distracting you in the process and B). They are by no means meant as final images - would need time and resources to pick out proper legally owned stock photography, but if possible, will always be best using either a consolidated icon-set or actual pictures of the real products...

If anyone has any other feedback, I would be happy to try out some variations, but for now, just wanted to focus on the spacing and organisation of information.

Colours can be easily changed universally through a few lines of CSS - layout is a whole other issue :-)

Offline bytemaster

Offline voldemort628

• View Profile
Happy holidays to all ...

I am a big believer in LESS is MORE - especially when it comes to something complicated.

I've finished off the draft for the homepage - if it is selected, I will also ensure I properly visualise a few other pages as well as what it should look like responsively on mobile devices and such - and for a little extra bounty could probably get it cut up and presented in HTML5 / CSS3 rather quickly.

As for the logo - again, LESS is MORE - and could send you a 100 different things to look at - but selected my favourite.

If you choose to work with me / pay bounty, I will ensure that we continue working on the logo, typography and design in general until you are entirely happy with the results.

imho, this looks too dull, although i agree that sometimes less is more, but being dull is an entirely different story :)

Offline m_smalley

• View Profile
    • R1 DOT MY
Happy holidays to all ...

I am a big believer in LESS is MORE - especially when it comes to something complicated.

I've finished off the draft for the homepage - if it is selected, I will also ensure I properly visualise a few other pages as well as what it should look like responsively on mobile devices and such - and for a little extra bounty could probably get it cut up and presented in HTML5 / CSS3 rather quickly.

As for the logo - again, LESS is MORE - and could send you a 100 different things to look at - but selected my favourite.

If you choose to work with me / pay bounty, I will ensure that we continue working on the logo, typography and design in general until you are entirely happy with the results.

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: November 24, 2013, 09:43:23 am by cassiopaia »

Offline yago

• View Profile
Not entirely sure when thanks giving is but can tell you that I managed to make a start on the design today and look forward to finding some more time to finish things off. Only hope I can find that time before thanks giving - should probably go Google that now...

For the lazy, thanksgiving dates:
  • October 14, 2013 (Canada)
  • November 7, 2013 (Liberia)
  • November 27, 2013 (Norfolk Island)
  • November 28, 2013 (USA)

I guess that we're talking about thanksgiving on the USA.
http://bitsharestalk.org/donate.html  <---- Donate to the BitShares Forum ----> PforumPLfVQXTi4QpQqKwoChXHkoHcxGuA

Offline m_smalley

• View Profile
    • R1 DOT MY
Not entirely sure when thanks giving is but can tell you that I managed to make a start on the design today and look forward to finding some more time to finish things off. Only hope I can find that time before thanks giving - should probably go Google that now...

Offline bytemaster

Can you confirm the exact date / time for final submissions?

Can you also confirm if the 5 BTC bounty could be paid in USD or only via BTC ...?

I prefer to pay bounties via BTC.

I will pick a date, but given the holidays coming, lets plan to review the website submissions after thanksgiving so everyone has some free time to work on theirs.

Offline m_smalley

• View Profile
    • R1 DOT MY
Can you confirm the exact date / time for final submissions?

Can you also confirm if the 5 BTC bounty could be paid in USD or only via BTC ...?

Offline skreech8

• View Profile
Graphic Design for PTS: Logo's, icons, banners, apps etc. PM for details

Offline super3

• View Profile
For a good professional website even 5 BTC is a little low. Here is what I did for Peercoin: http://peercoin.net/

Making upgrades next week.

Offline bytemaster

Offline super3

• View Profile

Offline skreech8

• View Profile
lol $500 is more than generous, will be uploading my submission in a few days.
Graphic Design for PTS: Logo's, icons, banners, apps etc. PM for details

Offline jan

• View Profile
ok will sent you by the end of this week all together .. III Logo + Screendesign / Keyhotee Startscreen + Icon / Protoshares Icon ... and all should fit together then ...

Offline jan

• View Profile
no no its not for webiste Daneil just for presenting the logo ... the website design ... should be light minimal modern ...

Offline bytemaster

I like a more subtle website look.  The wood background seems 'heavy'

Offline jan

• View Profile
III Logo draft v1

III Logo icon draft v1

Offline bytemaster

I am just looking for the main page layout to be designed.  Not every sub page.

Offline jan

• View Profile
ok but pls give us some more details ... like how many pages need to be designed etc.

If you want Daniel i will sent you a few cool modern color combinations for the corporate colors ...pls let me know... for the logo i have another question ... do you wanna keep the native american statue symbol ... or perhaps something completly different? But i think the statue the keyhotee shield and protoshare icon ... are all fit together :) BTW is there in bitshare bounty too?

Offline bytemaster

Offline jan

• View Profile
 i prefer to sign all upcoming bounties in BTC not in fiat also  ... cause we shouldn't  think in fiat ... what do you mean ?
« Last Edit: November 03, 2013, 10:46:56 pm by jan »

Offline jan

• View Profile
min. 5 BTC if you wanna a design structure within fits all products like keyhotee - protoshares - bitshares -- its a complete design concept - usual price for sceendesign with logo is about 1000$-1500$ ... and than it isn't a bounty  ;)

Offline bytemaster

How much do you think a fair bounty would be?

Offline jan

• View Profile
Hi sry but for a professional logo and a screen design ... 500$ is too low ... sry but for this i can't participate ... its a bounty .. but when bring effort to make a professional screen design with logo i will need min. 20 hours of work ...

Offline bytemaster

We have been told that our website (http://invictus-innovations.com) could use some love.  We are starting this bounty for a logo and website theme that fits in with our overall product lines of BitShares and Keyhotee.

This bounty will run for 1 month, followed by community voting.  We will ultimately pick the one we like best taking the feedback into consideration.  The bounty is only paid once we decide to adopt the logo. 

Note:  This bounty is only for the look & feel of the website, not for the CSS / application of the style.  The logo is a part of this deliverable and should be its own image.

Bounty to be paid in BTC using BitStamp price at time of payment.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2013, 02:35:29 am by Amazon »