Author Topic: 50 PTS Bounty - Fix PTS Synchronization Time Issues [PAID]  (Read 25343 times)

Offline bytemaster

Ok, I'm setting up a DO droplet. I'll report when it's built and blockchain is downloaded. Once we confirm it works, I'll write a setup script and spin up 5-10 instances, then update the pull request with the new IP addresses.

I don't want to pay for more instances than necessary, so can we justify the monthly cost of 5-10 instances vs just 5?   
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
Did you try building and testing your change? There were compile errors
Code: [Select]
net.cpp: In function ‘void setChurnMode()’:
net.cpp:77:29: error: assignment of read-only variable ‘MAX_OUTBOUND_CONNECTIONS’
net.cpp: In function ‘void ThreadOpenConnections()’:

Fixed by making MAX_OUTBOUND_CONNECTIONS not a static const

Is my churn usage understanding correct? I'm changing your script to use the new flag:
Code: [Select]
sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install git make g++ build-essential libminiupnpc-dev libboost-all-dev libdb++-dev libgmp-dev libssl-dev dos2unix
git clone https://github.com/InvictusInnovations/ProtoShares
cd Protoshares/src
make -f makefile.unix
echo "rpcuser=[youruser]" >> /root/.protoshares/protoshares.conf
echo "rpcpassword=[yourpass]" >> /root/.protoshares/protoshares.conf
./bitcoind -daemon -churn
./bitcoind setgenerate true 3
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline toast

• View Profile
Yo, it doesn't build anymore after the churn fix

init.cpp: In function ‘bool AppInit2(boost::thread_group&)’:
init.cpp:498:22: error: ‘setChurnMode’ was not declared in this scope
make: *** [obj/init.o] Error 1

edit: derp, wasn't in the header
« Last Edit: December 29, 2013, 12:37:30 am by toast »
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline barwizi

• Noirbits, NoirShares, NoirEx.....lol, noir anyone?
    • View Profile
    • Noirbitstalk.org
--Bar--  PiNEJGUv4AZVZkLuF6hV4xwbYTRp5etWWJ

The magical land of crypto, no freebies people.

Offline barwizi

• View Profile
    • Noirbitstalk.org
Yeah I agree, I think the bounty should be bumped a bit?
Having new nodes or requires setting up nodes with different providers wasn't part of the original spec.

I'm AFK for a while, someone else want to set up nodes on non-DO servers?

I provided fix for the initial bounty and his request to add Freetrades mod. You pushed the fixes and created a node. So maybe he'll compansate for the extra work if we are lucky.

Offline toast

• View Profile
Yeah I agree, I think the bounty should be bumped a bit?
Having new nodes or requires setting up nodes with different providers wasn't part of the original spec.

I'm AFK for a while, someone else want to set up nodes on non-DO servers?

Offline barwizi

• View Profile
    • Noirbitstalk.org

Offline toast

• View Profile
I think 3 plus my current seed node for a total of 4 will be fine.   Not all at DO though 4 different providers. 

Wait so are you saying your current node is DO? Can I use the one I just set up plus two more (say, linode and rackspace)?

Offline bytemaster

I think 3 plus my current seed node for a total of 4 will be fine.   Not all at DO though 4 different providers. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline FreeTrade

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
Mission acomplished, now....who gets what %?

No idea - but if it pans out and if I'm due something here's my PTS - PnARJi1wbdCUGMzdck16xe5RKpf3eYBmQP

“People should be more sophisticated? How are you gonna get that done?” - Jerry Seinfeld reply to Bill Maher

Offline toast

• View Profile
Let's make sure it builds and runs on all platforms first, and maybe see what I3 guys say about how many dedicated seeds they want?

I'm fine with 20 for me and 30 for you, assuming we'll get paid for hosting separately.

I did:
Set up new working seed and github stuff. Also was working on setup script but you got to it first. Gonna set up more seeds if bytemaster wants them.

you did:
Setup script, churn code (how hard was this? was very fast, I assume you used freetrade's code for this), found the list of working seed IPs

still to do: build working pts-qt for windows

Offline barwizi

• View Profile
    • Noirbitstalk.org
Mission acomplished, now....who gets what %?

Offline toast

• View Profile
Added your changes and my new seed node, they're in the same pull request

https://github.com/InvictusInnovations/ProtoShares/pull/5

for some reason the diffs on github aren't working properly, can you copy/paste the parts you changed here so we can see?
« Last Edit: December 28, 2013, 10:35:31 pm by toast »

Offline barwizi

• View Profile
    • Noirbitstalk.org
Modified files here https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0BxCtiOzdwvPyTUZ2UjhaQXFDOHM&usp=sharing

net.cpp and init.cpp

I added the churn function

just replace and build or push

My upload streams are both unreliable, cant seem to push to github
« Last Edit: December 28, 2013, 10:22:51 pm by barwizi »

Offline toast

• View Profile
I love the team work! 

Free trades fix needs to be part of the solution because my seed node fills up and stops accepting connections.  I have to kill it every 15 minutes to keep things working. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quick-n-dirty solution would be to just set a cron job to kill and restart the node, if that indeed does work.

Someone check this (goes in crontab)?

* * 15 * * ps -eo pid,args | grep bitcoind | awk '{print $1}' | xargs -I {} kill -9 {}  && ~/ProtoShares/src/bitcoind -daemon