Author Topic: 200 PTS - Bounty Rules and Procedures Document [Closed]  (Read 37083 times)

Offline barwizi

• Noirbits, NoirShares, NoirEx.....lol, noir anyone?
    • View Profile
    • Noirbitstalk.org
The idea of managers sounds more like actual employment (contract), kinda what you were insiting should not be the case. I support your getting someone to focus mainly on this, but i think one person is enough and their terms of work will not be part of Bounties. they could be a part time employee whose compensation is discussed by you and that person.

Trying to integrate too many middle-men, processes and accounting will result in a complicated system that will be prone to hiccups and miscommunication.
--Bar--  PiNEJGUv4AZVZkLuF6hV4xwbYTRp5etWWJ

The magical land of crypto, no freebies people.

Offline prateek300588

• View Profile
Exactly, so now you are understanding what you want and do you see it.

You need to select the guy who understands what you want better than you cause that would be the best, right??

So he's your manager he picks out these guys he gets his cut.

They get money for work if he believes its usable, cause if he doesn't then his Workshares start getting worthless.

When people have a good amount with a certain value across this exchange they would want to refer good people,
they would want to stay connected to the forum, and see the work fulfillments meet.

Although just a thrill as, Seeing it on a chart is just a good feeling. It has great value to your project.

If there is any detail you'd like to explore I could help you

Offline bytemaster

When do you dispense the PTS?? after completion??
Right?

When I see something I can use.
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline prateek300588

• View Profile
When do you dispense the PTS?? after completion??
Right?

Offline bytemaster

So, manager controls token dispense. Plus workers may pull from token dispense to give to team mates in interdependent tasks.

Maybe even to the manager, but I believe 20% of the tokens would be the right amount.

Now, referral payments are included.
So, everyone is motivated to see their tokens gain 100% or maybe more of the bounty value.

They understand they are in this game together. Like we do in coin  :)

I like your idea of splitting up a project in phases. So far we have not divided up any project into time-dependent phases (where phase 2 can start only when phase 1 is finished). This allows to split the bounty according to the amount of labour required for each phase.

But I dont see how using tokens is going to help us? We are already using PTS do this. The manager gets an amount of PTS to be distributed over a team of workers including himself. Dont you think we can use PTS as tokens?

I agree, anything that requires extra accounting (tokens) is a no go.  I haven't read the full details.

Second... managing bounties has a lot of overhead and just because someone can win phase 1 (proposal) does not mean they are most qualified to complete phase 2.   

I have hired someone (cannot announce until he notifies his existing employer) who's job it will be to turn my high-level needs into detailed bounties and manage it to completion.  He will be paid a commission on whether or not a valid submission is made for the bounty (I will be the judge).  This should motivate him to set up the bounty rules, spec, etc, in a way that makes it most likely to get a result. 

I think that it will require someone working with me on a partial payroll basis to pull this off.   That said, I could imagine hiring a few such people who will be bounty managers responsible for delivering the final product.    Under the current system, these would be the team leaders who then allocate sub bounties and keep a cut for themselves. 
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline arcke

• View Profile
    • Diaspora
So, manager controls token dispense. Plus workers may pull from token dispense to give to team mates in interdependent tasks.

Maybe even to the manager, but I believe 20% of the tokens would be the right amount.

So, everyone is motivated to see their tokens gain 100% or maybe more of the bounty value.

I like your idea of splitting up a project in phases. So far we have not divided up any project into time-dependent phases (where phase 2 can start only when phase 1 is finished). This allows to split the bounty according to the amount of labour required for each phase.

But I dont see how using tokens is going to help us? We are already using PTS do this. The manager gets an amount of PTS to be distributed over a team of workers including himself. Dont you think we can use PTS as tokens?
OpenPGP: 0x22d7e9cc35375665
PTS - PawnbhoiXhmkrKJEPAsCiwkpP81nRXJGTD
Diaspora profile - https://pod.orkz.net/u/arcke

Offline prateek300588

• View Profile

Offline bytemaster

Excellent, it is minimal. Coordinating efforts for a purpose requires a person to
understand what he is working for, you have to define quality
and manager manages the quantity.

Agree

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline prateek300588

• View Profile
Excellent, it is minimal. Coordinating efforts for a purpose requires a person to
understand what he is working for, you have to define quality
and manager manages the quantity.

Offline bytemaster

I will evaluate things in a bit. 

Simplicity and minimizing conflict are very important.    Too many detailed rules will result in conflict. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline prateek300588

• View Profile
I thought excellence was first priority, I did put simplicity next.

That's as simple as it gets,

How do you run an unmanned ship bro??

Offline barwizi

• View Profile
    • Noirbitstalk.org
this is meant to be a simple deal between buyer and seller, complicating the process will lead to exactly that...complications. please read https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=1744.0 for an idea of what this is.

Poster, what is your position?
« Last Edit: January 05, 2014, 03:05:23 pm by barwizi »

Offline prateek300588

• View Profile
Correction:

1 WKST = Bounty

and the chart is WKST against Bounty, from 0 - 100 % or if great work worth a bonus you pay more than 100%.

-Work is worship it is an art

Offline prateek300588

• View Profile
If I'm the guy handing out the bounty,

I have work to give:
It is valuated.
100 PTS

Now, a manager will be selected from who best understands the problem as it is being 'defined'.
He has a chance to earn 20 PTS.

He needs a team, people volunteering to work come to the forum.
I release 200 WKST (Workshare Tokens') for the first phase

He pays people for their work and puts down 100 WKST for these people to pay to any one except themselves, can be done through a public ledger.

Now on first evaluation if the work is befitting the quality demanded the rest of these shares are released by me, or if quality is lost I go for a change in manager or as it is the title of manager may be kept afloat for certain projects. The manager received 40 WKST for his period of service.

After every evaluation and benchmark in any project WKST's are released.

The final quality of the project, the requirement for fulfilling an integrated project has to be deciphered at the end.

As per every evaluation, I declare the value of the WKST against the bounty. It varies from 0.000 - 0.100% of the bounty If I have 1000 WKST for work. Seeing a chart of WKST declaring value given to quality of work and work fulfillment, would be awesome and

Every referral that works gets paid.

Offline barwizi

• View Profile
    • Noirbitstalk.org
not quite sure i get what you are saying.