Author Topic: 1200 PTS - New Invictus Website Ready to Deploy [CLOSED]  (Read 50532 times)

Offline MktDirector

• View Profile
Itnom,

Your mockup is definitely tight.  I love the simplicity and clarity of the site. Looking forward to seeing how it progresses. B

Offline bytemaster

Hello bytemaster,

This is our current mockup http://bitsapphire.com/invictus/prev/, and the multi-divise presentation http://i.imgur.com/33vUDrg.png.

We’ve started with the slicing. Once we got the homepage you’ll be able to get the feel of it.

Some key points I’d like to address:
  • The first fold is very clean but nonetheless uses JS to do a more dynamic presentation of the signup form.
  • We’re going for email signups as the main conversion goal of the site’s design. Everything dynamic is tailored to that. You’ll be able to fully understand the transition effects with the first live presentation asap.
  • We believe that this design is sufficiently extensible. You can add as many additional horizontal folds (e.g. the bitshares fold) as you’d like, though the current design is optimal for this amount of content. Integrating all logos into the hexagons also creates a more coherent feel and makes it possible for you to add have odd numbers of DACs listed as well. You could add a 6th component within the hexagon structure in the lower middle of the current design without breaking the overall feel.
  • The last fold (the second signup request) only loads as a last reminder if the person visiting the site hasn’t already signed up. If already signed up then a request to join the forum appears. This is all part of the conversion function to lead the visitor into the community.

Other comments:
To be direct, except for cassiopaia’s design no other logos seem to be good enough. I’m going to refer a logo designer to this thread soon. Let’s hope something better will come up.

I’ll post the usable homepage ASAP.

If you have any further questions let me know. I’ll be flying to the US tomorrow so I might not be online all the time.

I like the direction you are going with your work.  Keep it up. 
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline bytemaster

I think there are some very interesting pieces here, but that no one has summed it together well enough into a complete website.  As a stakeholder, I ask that we hold out for major revisions and improvements.

I agree, this is such a critical aspect to the community that we will ask for feedback from everyone in the community before awarding such a large bounty. 
« Last Edit: January 07, 2014, 12:43:44 am by bytemaster »
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline itnom

• View Profile
    • Bitsapphire - The web development group that makes disruptive startups happen
Then our team continues with our currently submitted design. Thank you for the quick feedback.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Back our bid as a BitShares Delegate! http://bitsapphire.com/Bitshares-Delegate

wallet_approve_delegate bitsapphire true

Offline bytemaster

Number 1,

I3 stands for Invictus Innovations Incorporated if I am not mistaken.

Regarding your and butbro's comment, if the issue is simple scrolling due to a greater use of tablets of the target demographic then the web strategy would need to change.

As far as I have read so far, the main software component holding the DACs together will be Keyhotee and of course the individual blockchains.

Neither the blockchains nor Keyhotee are intended as mobile-first, but rather desktop-first. If we take this into consideration then we can conclude that the conversion goal cannot be the same for the desktop version and the mobile version of the site, simply because immediate usecases are different.

Bytemaster, I believe that through this thread we may have come across a very important issue. To make the correct design choices we need to know the User Stories for both the desktop and the mobile user.

I'll come back to this asap with a framework showing how we would approach the issue.

Mobile will be a ways off, lets aim for desktop use case. 

Offline itnom

• View Profile
Number 1,

I3 stands for Invictus Innovations Incorporated if I am not mistaken.

Regarding your and butbro's comment, if the issue is simple scrolling due to a greater use of tablets of the target demographic then the web strategy would need to change.

As far as I have read so far, the main software component holding the DACs together will be Keyhotee and of course the individual blockchains.

Neither the blockchains nor Keyhotee are intended as mobile-first, but rather desktop-first. If we take this into consideration then we can conclude that the conversion goal cannot be the same for the desktop version and the mobile version of the site, simply because immediate usecases are different.

Bytemaster, I believe that through this thread we may have come across a very important issue. To make the correct design choices we need to know the User Stories for both the desktop and the mobile user.

I'll come back to this asap with a framework showing how we would approach the issue.

Offline rysgc

• View Profile
    • DACZine.com
Quick question though, what does the I3 actually stand for?
interestingly I3.com is already registered, have a look... otherwise imagine i3.com as the go to DACS website... could it be changed to I2 I4 or other... whats the significance of the 3?

DACZine.com - Receive all the latest DAC and BitShares community news straight to your inbox. Signup here or Submit news

Offline Number 1

• View Profile
Quick question though, what does the I3 actually stand for?
interestingly I3.com is already registered, have a look... otherwise imagine i3.com as the go to DACS website... could it be changed to I2 I4 or other... whats the significance of the 3?
PTS: Pj8UH9ExVidcFd4LKtEgPSrwrtpYhPhug8

bitbro

I think there are some very interesting pieces here, but that no one has summed it together well enough into a complete website.  As a stakeholder, I ask that we hold out for major revisions and improvements.

Offline Number 1

• View Profile

wow i like your design and your professional approach. If you need a designer for logo sub bounties, pls don't hesitate to contact me! ;)

Cheers cass
[/quote]

I would be very excited to see a collaberation between Cassiopaia and Itnom. Cass's logo work it amazing. So iconic yet minimilist. I can see the i3 symbol/tag being synonymous with cryptocurrency technology DACS in much the same way the apple logo is identifiable with quality IT products.

One point however raised previously and a concern reiterated by bytemaster is the reliance on scrolling on all submissions so far. This needs to be stopped and a browsing style focusing on clicking used instead. I am using an ipad and ipad mini with easy touch scrolling and am still of the opinon that content is lost by scrolling.

Keep up the good work.. 
« Last Edit: January 07, 2014, 12:17:46 am by Number 1 »
PTS: Pj8UH9ExVidcFd4LKtEgPSrwrtpYhPhug8

Offline itnom

• View Profile
Hello bytemaster,

This is our current mockup http://bitsapphire.com/invictus/prev/, and the multi-divise presentation http://i.imgur.com/33vUDrg.png.

We’ve started with the slicing. Once we got the homepage you’ll be able to get the feel of it.

Some key points I’d like to address:
  • The first fold is very clean but nonetheless uses JS to do a more dynamic presentation of the signup form.
  • We’re going for email signups as the main conversion goal of the site’s design. Everything dynamic is tailored to that. You’ll be able to fully understand the transition effects with the first live presentation asap.
  • We believe that this design is sufficiently extensible. You can add as many additional horizontal folds (e.g. the bitshares fold) as you’d like, though the current design is optimal for this amount of content. Integrating all logos into the hexagons also creates a more coherent feel and makes it possible for you to add have odd numbers of DACs listed as well. You could add a 6th component within the hexagon structure in the lower middle of the current design without breaking the overall feel.
  • The last fold (the second signup request) only loads as a last reminder if the person visiting the site hasn’t already signed up. If already signed up then a request to join the forum appears. This is all part of the conversion function to lead the visitor into the community.

Other comments:
To be direct, except for cassiopaia’s design no other logos seem to be good enough. I’m going to refer a logo designer to this thread soon. Let’s hope something better will come up.

I’ll post the usable homepage ASAP.

If you have any further questions let me know. I’ll be flying to the US tomorrow so I might not be online all the time.

Offline rysgc

• View Profile
    • DACZine.com
Not quite sure what to change exactly but I uploaded the PSD file here that might be easier. Cheers!: http://forgetchat.com/as.zip
DACZine.com - Receive all the latest DAC and BitShares community news straight to your inbox. Signup here or Submit news

Offline super3

• View Profile
Here's some inspiration for Angel Shares , it's not a site nor a logo but I was bored for a sec. I feel the current submissions are too much like any other gadget/app/kickstarter site nowadays. They look good however and probably work well for visitors but I'd say just go crazy and outside the box and create a new user experience instead of reflecting it. This all is a whole new concept and a new way of thinking and I think it's site should be just that as well. Just my 2 cts.

Can you improve the font. I think I want to use that instead.

Offline bytemaster

Here's some inspiration for Angel Shares , it's not a site nor a logo but I was bored for a sec. I feel the current submissions are too much like any other gadget/app/kickstarter site nowadays. They look good however and probably work well for visitors but I'd say just go crazy and outside the box and create a new user experience instead of reflecting it. This all is a whole new concept and a new way of thinking and I think it's site should be just that as well. Just my 2 cts.

I like it :)

Offline rysgc

• View Profile
    • DACZine.com