Author Topic: 1200 PTS - New Invictus Website Ready to Deploy [CLOSED]  (Read 51333 times)

Offline bytemaster

Hey super3, time for the feedback:

1) Never use the work Corporation with DACs... use Company instead for legal reasons.
2) What is a DAC? page should not use our 1990ish graphics ;)
3) List of Official Invictus Innovation DACs should not inlcude Memory Coin
4) I don't like the "Funding" vocabulary and it misses the synergy between AGS and PTS by having them on separate menu items.
5) Coins, Software, and DACs menu just seems way too many disjoint ideas in one menu... we don't do coins!
6) Still way too much MMC all over the site.   Design the site without MMC and then we will add a SINGLE link to it in the right spot.
7) No News site
8) No explanation AT ALL about BitShares... sorry but BitShares is our #1 draw and why people are buying PTS / AGS. 
9) Not extensible to adding new DACs... no DAC summary page with 'statistics' like I outlined in my example.
10) Don't mention my mining pool, it isn't operational anymore.

It is pretty, certainly better than our current site when it comes to first impressions, but far from complete.

Isn't it better for you to have 'backend' access so you can word it as you wish.  When we make sites for our clients, we word it anyway and later simply give ui and pass for our clients to insert what they want?

The problem with the site right now is structural and the items I pointed out are examples of the types of things that bug me.  Certainly, ease of translation would imply that it is easy to change some text here and there, but the more fundamental problem is the organization and navigation of the site.   If it were just a few edits to the wording I would have accepted it and then given him the wording, but overall it fails to even capture the primary reason for Angel Shares and PTS... BitShares.   Almost every concept I introduced in the OP was lost in version of the site.

For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline NineLives

• View Profile
    • BITCOIN TALK PROFILE

1) Never use the work Corporation with DACs... use Company instead for legal reasons.
4) I don't like the "Funding" vocabulary and it misses the synergy between AGS and PTS by having them on separate menu items.
5) Coins, Software, and DACs menu just seems way too many disjoint ideas in one menu... we don't do coins!
6) Still way too much MMC all over the site.   Design the site without MMC and then we will add a SINGLE link to it in the right spot.
7) No News site
8) No explanation AT ALL about BitShares... sorry but BitShares is our #1 draw and why people are buying PTS / AGS. 
9) Not extensible to adding new DACs... no DAC summary page with 'statistics' like I outlined in my example.

It is pretty, certainly better than our current site when it comes to first impressions, but far from complete.

Isn't it better for you to have 'backend' access so you can word it as you wish.  When we make sites for our clients, we word it anyway and later simply give ui and pass for our clients to insert what they want?
Keyhotee / BTSX:  Merah    PTS:  PskEDN4AeWc1trW4zV7DGGTQi3y5LeVhFR 

BTC Mining Hardware IN STOCK NOW:  http://www.mininghardware.co.uk

Offline bytemaster

7) No News site

Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline super3

• View Profile
If it pleases the community I would like to formally submit http://invictus.io.

Current Screenshot:

Requirement #1
Full source code to Invictus.io is hosted on Github. Invictus already has full access. Users may submit new code by issuing a pull request. Web server is automatically updated 10 minutes from the repository.

Requirement #2
Chinese language support will be added immediately after Invictus has signed off on the current content. I expect this to take 1-3 days after approval. Already have several interested parties.

Requirement #3
The Protoshares page has live charts. We will add whatever widgets http://angelshares.info/beta/ comes up with.

Sub-Bounties (As I see them)
Angelshares Logo / 10 PTS(~$200) / zwaffell / PTS Address needed
Angelshares Logo Referral + Being Helpful / 5 PTS(~$100) / cassiopaia / PTS Address needed
Protoshares Live Widget / 40 PTS(~$800) / pooleja / PTS Address needed
Bitshares Logo / 10 PTS(~$200) / Mjbmonetarymetals / PTS Address needed
Good Advice / 5 PTS(~$100) / itnom / PTS Address needed

Open-Bounties
I am offering bounties for the continued development of Invictus.io. These are honored when a pull request is accepted into the repository.
New Custom Template / See Github Issue / 75 PTS(~$1500)
Chinese Translation / See Github Issue / 40 PTS(~$800)

Support
As there will always be a need for improvements and changes I am bringing on one of my web developers to help out. He will commit 20 billable hours the website at my expense starting tomorrow. He did a great job helping me with the Peercoin.net, so I'm glad to bring him to our community. Ultimately what he changes and fixes is up the community so please guide him by adding issues: https://github.com/super3/invictus/issues?state=open.

Offline super3

• View Profile
At the end of the day I want the best website possible, even if its not mine.

Offline bytemaster

Thank you for the quick reply!

I want to clarify that I am not paying him to compete with everyone else, he is doing that on his own time.

Offline itnom

• View Profile
    • Bitsapphire - The web development group that makes disruptive startups happen
Back our bid as a BitShares Delegate! http://bitsapphire.com/Bitshares-Delegate

wallet_approve_delegate bitsapphire true

Offline bytemaster

Both are on equal footing.  His job is to deploy the result.   I want the best and he knows I will not favor his. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline itnom

• View Profile
One more question bytemaster.

According to one of the threads in the forum Super3 is somehow already involved with Invictus Innovations. Considering that he is also competing for this bounty I would like ta ask whether both teams are on equal footing. We feel that this might not have been stressed enough in this thread.

Best,
Itnom

Offline bytemaster

Thank you for this solid entry.  Here are some general feedback...  all designs so far have had the same common long scrolling home page and I am not sure how I feel about it.

As far as the conversion goal:  we would like people to get involved with their time, money, and support.  We want to build the community.  To do that there are currently 5 subgoals:
     1) Fund the AngelAddress
     2) Download ProtoShares
     3) Download Keyhotee
     4) Sign up to mailing list and forum. 
     5) Participate in bounties and referring people to the bounties.

That is a fairly big list of goals.     I do want to have a solid unified branding and welcome efforts to help in that department. 

Can you host this publicly somewhere so I can experience it other than a screenshot?

Rather than Venture Backed, I like Community Backed.

Keep up the good work I am looking forward to seeing it all come together.

To address all subgoals on the frontpage:
  • The conversion goal needs to be email signups
  • If you really want to add visual incentives to downloading or funding then the design will most definitely become even longer (more scrolling). We would need to give every DAC its own horizontal fold to accomodate more content. You can't get people to an action ("download", "fund", "sign up") without more content for each DAC. That is not bad though

You should not be concerned about scrolling though, due to social media people are more than used to scrolling nowadays.

Because this is still only a bounty and no contract our team members are working on this after working hours (and it's an official holiday in our country until the 9th of January). We'll give you one more static redesign in the forum before moving on to slicing the site.

I just want you to keep in mind that because this is only a bounty we won't be able to allocate our time to this project as strictly as we would with a contracting and regularly paying customer. We hope that you will like our second design and the hosted homepage so that we can allocate more time to Invictus.

Btw, I wasn't this excited since I first read about Bitcoin! Good luck!

I agree, there needs to be more content on each DAC.   I appreciate the effort your developers are putting in. 

The site needs to be modular enough so that I can expand it to 5-6 DACs without having a major redesign of layout. 

Offline itnom

• View Profile
Thank you for this solid entry.  Here are some general feedback...  all designs so far have had the same common long scrolling home page and I am not sure how I feel about it.

As far as the conversion goal:  we would like people to get involved with their time, money, and support.  We want to build the community.  To do that there are currently 5 subgoals:
     1) Fund the AngelAddress
     2) Download ProtoShares
     3) Download Keyhotee

That is a fairly big list of goals.     I do want to have a solid unified branding and welcome efforts to help in that department. 

Can you host this publicly somewhere so I can experience it other than a screenshot?

To address all subgoals on the frontpage:
  • The conversion goal needs to be email signups
  • If you really want to add visual incentives to downloading or funding then the design will most definitely become even longer (more scrolling). We would need to give every DAC its own horizontal fold to accomodate more content. You can't get people to an action ("download", "fund", "sign up") without more content for each DAC. That is not bad though

You should not be concerned about scrolling though, due to social media people are more than used to scrolling nowadays.

Because this is still only a bounty and no contract our team members are working on this after working hours (and it's an official holiday in our country until the 9th of January). We'll give you one more static redesign in the forum before moving on to slicing the site.

I just want you to keep in mind that because this is only a bounty we won't be able to allocate our time to this project as strictly as we would with a contracting and regularly paying customer. We hope that you will like our second design and the hosted homepage so that we can allocate more time to Invictus.

Btw, I wasn't this excited since I first read about Bitcoin! Good luck!

Offline bytemaster

Hello bytemaster,

This is our first homepage design proposal http://i.imgur.com/F0BkXY5.jpg

We are bitsapphire.com, a group of web developers and designer specializing in potentially highly disruptive and high-value startups who want to change the world. I think Invictus would be the perfect fit for us if we win this bounty.

Below are our comments and questions based on your forum posts in this and other threads:

All logos are only placeholders!

Our proposal lacks 1 crucial component (as do the competing designs so far). You haven’t made clear what the CONVERSION GOAL of the site is. Do you want people to sign up to download an application, sign up to a mailing-list, or is this just an information portal? WIthout a conversion goal the site cannot be complete.

We believe that at this point in time INFORMING as many people as possible should be the main goal. To achieve this and have an even bigger kickstart of all DACs you need a mailing list. In this design we’ve put the signup at the bottom because it is only a general information portal. However, if long-term email signup is the main goal then we need to do slight modifications.

Identified user groups are:
1) General public
2) Crypto and tech enthusiast looking for the next “app”
3) Finance person (investor, supporter, or decision maker)
4) Media (they generally make up their mind in 10 seconds or less and they can be important for growth)
  • We used very light pastel colors, clean spacing, calming photos (IP is OK), and an overall feel which should make people feel “at home” and secure.
  • We are shooting for this warm but nonetheless professional and technical feeling because the crypto sphere is overloaded with scams, the “I have an app too! here look at me!”-startup ADHD-like design disorder, and because we think Invictus should become the Apple of crypto and finance.
  • Our goal is a clean Apple-like design with a community twist, essentially making crypto and Open Source sexy for the user, engaging for the community, and highly interesting to a potential investor/supporter. We believe that this design entails all of these components.
  • JS is kept to a minimum and is only used for functionally important tasks.
  • The navigation bar is fixed. We believe this is the best solution to include as many communities within the brand as possible. Newbies will scroll down and look see what BitShares etc are all about, and then decide to read more about other things on the site. Returning visitors know what they are looking for and click through. People interested in the graph (like the coinbase enthusiasts) will directly interact with the price on the graph (clicking on it reveals the price graph very similar to bitcoins.com). The fixed bar also makes it possible for us to make the site longer once enough DACs are online.
  • The price ticker can be dynamic client-side.
  • Clicking on the price gets you the graph sliding in from above similar to bitcoins.com. We believe that this is the only way to integrate hard economic data into the homepage without breaking the user experience for the other non-finance user groups.
  • The flag icons for the language switch are also flat. No Skeuomorphism will be used for Invictus, only icons and flat illustrations.
  • Initial Language should be determined by IP. Only alternative language flags should be shown. We need to see how we can do this without a real CMS as you asked.
  • Hovering over “Research Driven”, “Transparent”, and “Venture Backed” toggles the fade-in 1 sentence description. Clicking on any of the buttons gets you to a subtitle on 1 page entailing the philosophy, mission, and vision of Invictus. These are the 3 key points also outlined on protoshares.net
  • All text and Icons/logos below the 1st fold fade in while scrolling down. This supports the calming effect. The fade-in will be relatively fast though.

We have not done any logos except one for Invictus Innovations, however, we liked one proposal here a lot and would like to work with other designers on the logos. We will post sub-bounties which are competitive with our competition’s sub-bounties. The final short-form logo will be used on the left side of the navigation menu.

We are no content writers, nor do we intend to be. We will do sub-bounties for the content too.

We are open to working with any of the designers or content writers from the other teams. Your work will be rewarded proportionally if our team succeeds.

Considering that you plan on doing marketing, conferences, etc, you will absolutely need a coherent brand. Doing that exclusively through bounties will be very difficult if not impossible. To make the site design more coherent with any other branding material in the future, we propose to make a brandbook for Invictus Innovations. This would include very specific pixel-perfect web and offline design choices as well has a highly color coded sub brands. Essentially every DAC is a sub-brand and can very beautifully be color coded, in which case we can do some color coding tricks on the homepage too.
We would be interested to work on your brandbook and general branding after, and if we win this bounty.

We are all looking forward to your feedback so that we can move on with your design feedback and do the slicing of the website to give everyone a better idea of our vision.

Best,
Itnom/Taulant

1) Fund the AngelAddress
     2) Download ProtoShares
     3) Download Keyhotee

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
Hello bytemaster,

We are bitsapphire.com, a group of web developers and designer specializing in potentially highly disruptive and high-value startups who want to change the world. I think Invictus would be the perfect fit for us if we win this bounty.

Below are our comments and questions based on your forum posts in this and other threads:

Our proposal lacks 1 crucial component (as do the competing designs so far). You haven’t made clear what the CONVERSION GOAL of the site is. Do you want people to sign up to download an application, sign up to a mailing-list, or is this just an information portal? WIthout a conversion goal the site cannot be complete.

We believe that at this point in time INFORMING as many people as possible should be the main goal. To achieve this and have an even bigger kickstart of all DACs you need a mailing list. In this design we’ve put the signup at the bottom because it is only a general information portal. However, if long-term email signup is the main goal then we need to do slight modifications.

1) General public
4) Media (they generally make up their mind in 10 seconds or less and they can be important for growth)
  • We used very light pastel colors, clean spacing, calming photos (IP is OK), and an overall feel which should make people feel “at home” and secure.
  • We are shooting for this warm but nonetheless professional and technical feeling because the crypto sphere is overloaded with scams, the “I have an app too! here look at me!”-startup ADHD-like design disorder, and because we think Invictus should become the Apple of crypto and finance.
  • Our goal is a clean Apple-like design with a community twist, essentially making crypto and Open Source sexy for the user, engaging for the community, and highly interesting to a potential investor/supporter. We believe that this design entails all of these components.
  • The navigation bar is fixed. We believe this is the best solution to include as many communities within the brand as possible. Newbies will scroll down and look see what BitShares etc are all about, and then decide to read more about other things on the site. Returning visitors know what they are looking for and click through. People interested in the graph (like the coinbase enthusiasts) will directly interact with the price on the graph (clicking on it reveals the price graph very similar to bitcoins.com). The fixed bar also makes it possible for us to make the site longer once enough DACs are online.
  • Clicking on the price gets you the graph sliding in from above similar to bitcoins.com. We believe that this is the only way to integrate hard economic data into the homepage without breaking the user experience for the other non-finance user groups.
  • The flag icons for the language switch are also flat. No Skeuomorphism will be used for Invictus, only icons and flat illustrations.
  • Initial Language should be determined by IP. Only alternative language flags should be shown. We need to see how we can do this without a real CMS as you asked.
  • Hovering over “Research Driven”, “Transparent”, and “Venture Backed” toggles the fade-in 1 sentence description. Clicking on any of the buttons gets you to a subtitle on 1 page entailing the philosophy, mission, and vision of Invictus. These are the 3 key points also outlined on protoshares.net
  • All text and Icons/logos below the 1st fold fade in while scrolling down. This supports the calming effect. The fade-in will be relatively fast though.

We have not done any logos except one for Invictus Innovations, however, we liked one proposal here a lot and would like to work with other designers on the logos. We will post sub-bounties which are competitive with our competition’s sub-bounties. The final short-form logo will be used on the left side of the navigation menu.

We are no content writers, nor do we intend to be. We will do sub-bounties for the content too.

We are open to working with any of the designers or content writers from the other teams. Your work will be rewarded proportionally if our team succeeds.

Considering that you plan on doing marketing, conferences, etc, you will absolutely need a coherent brand. Doing that exclusively through bounties will be very difficult if not impossible. To make the site design more coherent with any other branding material in the future, we propose to make a brandbook for Invictus Innovations. This would include very specific pixel-perfect web and offline design choices as well has a highly color coded sub brands. Essentially every DAC is a sub-brand and can very beautifully be color coded, in which case we can do some color coding tricks on the homepage too.
We would be interested to work on your brandbook and general branding after, and if we win this bounty.

We are all looking forward to your feedback so that we can move on with your design feedback and do the slicing of the website to give everyone a better idea of our vision.

Best,
Itnom/Taulant

wow i like your design and your professional approach. If you need a designer for logo sub bounties, pls don't hesitate to contact me! ;)

Cheers cass
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline itnom

• View Profile
Hello bytemaster,

1) General public

Best,
Itnom/Taulant

Offline solaaire

• praise the sun!
    • View Profile
I really like Cass's logo design.

Invictus.io is looking great, my only gripe is that the first image under "What is a DAC?" does not really seem to fit the site, at least to me.