Author Topic: Congratulations to BTS holders, back to the 7th place  (Read 8972 times)

Offline Empirical1.2

• View Profile
All the old altcoins that dont do anything are being pumped.
Anything with actual potential and features is down or only up slightly.

So dumb.

Currencies up, companies down in a crisis as expected.

Btce is also getting a lot of the deposit inflows, so their currencies are up the most.

Control of STR, BTS & XRP is far too centralised too be of much value in a crisis too. (How much would BTS be worth if the CNX offices were raided tomorrow? - Ergo no value in this situation.)

What are you talking about?  This is a bogus statement... so then we should see NXT go up as well according to this logic.

Yes NXT is not getting much love and you're right to point it out. It's actually up 16% for the last week, while XRP, BitShares and Stellar are all down. However that was because of one NXT news pump & it has been decreasing since, similarly Dogecoin was pumped slightly pre-crisis but has failed to gain traction since.

I believe it's the prospect of Greek capital controls, we witnessed a similar situation after Cryprus, crypto-currencies really took off.

In terms of percentage gains LTC & DGC could be the big winners,  followed by NXT & possibly PPC etc, then Bitcoin itself.

The one's that will increase but benefit the least from the Greece effect would be Ripple, BitShares, Stellar, MaidSafe and Ethereum if it's trading.

However my crisis currency bucket is up an average of more than 50% with all showing gains (Much more for me being heavily weighted to LTC and then also PPC once I understood the btce influence thanks to CLout) While STR and BTS are down 15% in that time and XRP has been flat.

This is even more surprising given the great news XRP had with RBS and the great work that is going into BTS 2.0 on the BitShares side.
MAID is up over the period but I believe that is actually news related in that they are very close to releasing something, I think I read in another thread but I'm not sure. 

Edit - Why I was much more heavily weighted to LTC...

Litecoin is still considered the next crypto-currency should Bitcoin run into problems and is also coming up to a block reward halving which could significantly reduce selling pressure. Combined I wouldn't be surprised to see the LiteCoin rally continue strongly. 

Capital controls this weekend possibly for Greece could be good for all crypto too if it actually happens this time.

« Last Edit: July 09, 2015, 06:58:36 pm by Empirical1.2 »
If you want to take the island burn the boats

Offline topcandle

So dumb.

Btce is also getting a lot of the deposit inflows, so their currencies are up the most.

Control of STR, BTS & XRP is far too centralised too be of much value in a crisis too. (How much would BTS be worth if the CNX offices were raided tomorrow? - Ergo no value in this situation.)

What are you talking about?  This is a bogus statement... so then we should see NXT go up as well according to this logic.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Empirical1.2

• View Profile

So dumb.

Control of STR, BTS & XRP is far too centralised too be of much value in a crisis too. (How much would BTS be worth if the CNX offices were raided tomorrow? - Ergo limited crisis value if you're not a currency and you can be significantly damaged by a simple attack.)   
« Last Edit: July 09, 2015, 06:37:47 pm by Empirical1.2 »
If you want to take the island burn the boats

Offline cylonmaker2053

• Saving the world one block at a time
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: cylonmaker2053

So dumb.

all the more reason to hold a diversified basket of at least the top 10 crypto.

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander

So dumb.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline cylonmaker2053

• View Profile
PEERCOINRISING

>USD 500k in volume so far for PPC ...we'll see how serious this pump gets if it tops $1m

Offline topcandle

Offline onceuponatime

So, two days ago it was NXT getting pumped. And today it is Peercoin.

I hope the daytraders have their fun.

Meanwhile, the serious (long term) work of "reimagining everything" has to be handled by the rest of us.

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

I hold. And everytime I see the share price drop significantly, I buy (whatever I can spare). If this makes me a bagholder, than so be it. I invest in people and in the technology, and I believe in the core dev team. As long as they're working on the project the way they have been from the beginning, I will keep holding and buying. Maybe I'll lose everything I invested, that's the risk I'm willing to live with. On the other side, if the team delivers only partially on their promises (and I believe they will), then I'll be handsomely rewarded.

I don't believe in the "get rich quick" schemes. Building solid fundamentals, partnerships and creating organic growth takes time. Not six months to a year. More like five years. And Bitshares 2.0 will be working with other startups, increasing the probability of Bitshares success since any of these startup could go viral, thus increasing significantly Bitshares revenues. THAT will increase Bitshares market value.

Do Bitcoin, Litecoin or Dogecoin can boast to have a profitable business model? They have their utility as a store of value or token of exchange, but other than that they don't generate any profit.

A profitable business is not built on hype and speculation. It's built on solid metrics and business deals.

I didn't want to feed the trolls.. but this pretty much summed it up. :)  +5%

Also.. in less than 24hrs from this posting we have already moved back up to #6 athankyouverymuch.

We need to keep record of these users and these posts for when we are in the top 3 solid... they are going to make great memes. :)
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline wallace

• View Profile
I hold. And everytime I see the share price drop significantly, I buy (whatever I can spare). If this makes me a bagholder, than so be it. I invest in people and in the technology, and I believe in the core dev team. As long as they're working on the project the way they have been from the beginning, I will keep holding and buying. Maybe I'll lose everything I invested, that's the risk I'm willing to live with. On the other side, if the team delivers only partially on their promises (and I believe they will), then I'll be handsomely rewarded.

I don't believe in the "get rich quick" schemes. Building solid fundamentals, partnerships and creating organic growth takes time. Not six months to a year. More like five years. And Bitshares 2.0 will be working with other startups, increasing the probability of Bitshares success since any of these startup could go viral, thus increasing significantly Bitshares revenues. THAT will increase Bitshares market value.

Do Bitcoin, Litecoin or Dogecoin can boast to have a profitable business model? They have their utility as a store of value or token of exchange, but other than that they don't generate any profit.

A profitable business is not built on hype and speculation. It's built on solid metrics and business deals.

+5% +5% +5% +5% +5% +5%
give me money, I will do...

Offline CalabiYau

That`s the way I see it - acting accordingly  :)
 +5%

Offline cylonmaker2053

• View Profile
Did you children sell your bitcoins a few years ago when they went down from $30 to less than $2?

I didn't.

I bought more.

And I sold them later at $800 each (to buy BTS)

And I am buying more BTS now.

awesome  +5% +5% +5%

Offline yellowecho

BTS (and other 2.0 projects) aren't pump and dumped on BTC rises like all the alts.. their growth is more fueled by advancements in the technology and network effect.  If BTC and alts stay bullish, the market will equalize eventually and BTS will rise. 

I'd also like to point out that AGS/PTS holders don't have any losses yet.. while the fundamentals haven't been stronger.  I'm holding confidently.
696c6f766562726f776e696573

Offline Chuckone

• View Profile

Offline jamesc

Did you children sell your bitcoins a few years ago when they went down from $30 to less than $2?

I didn't.

I bought more.

And I sold them later at $800 each (to buy BTS)

And I am buying more BTS now.
I call this value investing. Well done!