Author Topic: Bitshares price discussion  (Read 884167 times)

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
I didn't believe I would say this but it appears that Greeks are waking up with crypto...Over the last week I had a lot of people start asking me about bitcoin...Same people that were ignoring me for the last 2 years..lol...

What I always believed and worked quite well for me in the past, is that when bitcoin goes up, all other explode...So if there are capital controls in Greece (which I am pretty soon will have sooner or later) and speculation about bitcoin goes mad (irrespective if Greeks are buying or not) then Bitshares and other will explode in price (irrespective if Greeks are buying or not..)

So all in all prepare yourselves for huge rises in crypto because bad things are definitely coming in Greece..And when this happens if bitcoin goes +100% rise within a week, bitshares will be +500% within the same period..The only difference will be that once all bull madness stops, hopefully bitshares 2 will be ready for mass adoption and Greeks may actually start buying biteuros...And then Bitshares will be unstopable...Don't forget that this small country has a lot of very wealthy people, shipowners etc..A couple of those buying biteur and Bitshares will overtake bitcoin.Think twice now before you dump your bitshares for peanuts...

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
The volatility in crypto should be expected given the small market caps and low liquidity.  When one guy with some money buys or sells it has a huge effect, and then momentum followers pile on as well.

The intraday chart for the past couple days i very strange.  It looks like one guy is periodically pumping the price by buying millions at once, and then someone else dumps afterward each time.  Each time the push up gets easier at least, since we took out some resistance.

I wish our news would have an effect on the price sometimes.  It doesnt seem correlated at all.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Empirical1.2

• View Profile
I believe a "slow" but continuous growth is definitely more sustainable than 15-20% daily increases.

Same here...volatility shocks like this can be appealing to new adopters when they're positive, but scare way too many people away on the negative side. I'd rather see slow and steady growth, but I don't think that's in the cards for the early stages of this industry.

I believe it's the prospect of Greek capital controls, we witnessed a similar situation after Cryprus, crypto-currencies really took off.

In terms of percentage gains LTC & DGC could be the big winners,  followed by NXT & possibly PPC etc, then Bitcoin itself.

The one's that will increase but benefit the least from the Greece effect would be Ripple, BitShares, Stellar, MaidSafe and Ethereum if it's trading.

If you want to take the island burn the boats

Offline cylonmaker2053

• Saving the world one block at a time
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: cylonmaker2053
I believe a "slow" but continuous growth is definitely more sustainable than 15-20% daily increases.

Same here...volatility shocks like this can be appealing to new adopters when they're positive, but scare way too many people away on the negative side. I'd rather see slow and steady growth, but I don't think that's in the cards for the early stages of this industry.

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile
i guess now the question is when will it come down. every crypto is suddenly rising, doesn't seem natural at all
Perfectly natural to me.. I predicted alt craze many months ago although last btc pumps have failed me maybe this time it's actually happening.
Hired by blockchain | Developer
delegate: dev.sidhujag

Offline Chuckone

• View Profile
i guess now the question is when will it come down. every crypto is suddenly rising, doesn't seem natural at all

The last pump lasted a few days, let's see how long this one goes on.

But then it will retreat and fall back to a little higher than last time (at least for Bitshares). There's definitely no correlation between the recent good news and this price increase, so I guess that increased adoption will only have a low to moderate impact in the short term. We might see in the future when Bitshares 2.0 is released a steady but incremental increase in the market cap as the Bitshares blockchain gain more and more utility. I believe a "slow" but continuous growth is definitely more sustainable than 15-20% daily increases.

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Ander

• View Profile
I'm not selling, unless we pull a litecoin, in which case I'd sell just a bit and try to buy back 5-10% lower.

Tuck Fheman

Come on guys, we are only up 11.5%.  What is this BS? 
Buy harder! :P
Its time for the CCMF!

Now we know who's selling.  ;)

Tuck Fheman

I'm guessing something big is coming out of Greece this week

All of its money? :D

;D and  :-\ at the same time.

Offline nomoreheroes7

• King of all the land
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: nomoreheroes7
Can't believe the price is just following the LTC pump now. Shows you how unimportant news is in the crypto world. Heh.

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline Riverhead

BitShares-PTS up 24% ??

http://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/bitshares-pts/

Are people in Greece just buying anything crypto? I mean it makes sense...doesn't take a lot of money to move the entire space so even if it's just a few wealthy people...

Offline Empirical1.2

• View Profile
China's only waking up it will be interesting to see if LTC still has some legs.
If you want to take the island burn the boats

Offline Ander

• View Profile
Come on guys, we are only up 11.5%.  What is this BS? 
Buy harder! :P
Its time for the CCMF!