Author Topic: [ANN][metaexchange] Get paid up to 1000 BTS / month for using our signature!  (Read 22032 times)

Offline monsterer

we will only count posts who are making sense - so for this reason - i will count it by hand :D

Going through a bunch of users posts and trying to decide which are good posts and which are fluff seems like a massive amount of work.

Takes a while, but isn't hard really.
My opinions do not represent those of metaexchange unless explicitly stated.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline lakerta06

we will only count posts who are making sense - so for this reason - i will count it by hand :D

Going through a bunch of users posts and trying to decide which are good posts and which are fluff seems like a massive amount of work.

I agree.

And please count me in

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander

https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline konelectric

« Last Edit: July 17, 2015, 10:33:02 pm by konelectric »
Tweeter: Konelectric. Steemit: Konelectric. Youtube: Patrick Konshak. Success Council: Yourship. Mumble: Yourship or Konelectric.

Offline Shentist

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • metaexchange
  • BitShares: shentist
I have a question. How will you be the counting posts? Have you written a script? I notice the signature is applied to a user's old posts too. I assume you'll count posts made after the forum member has 'signed up' in this thread. I'm just curious.

Another thing - are you sure you can afford this? Might you need to apply a cap somehow, or ask people to volunteer to do it for free?
What if NameNarwhal creates accounts called MetaexchangeSignatureNarwhal0, MetaexchangeSignatureNarwhal1, MetaexchangeSignatureNarwhal2, MetaexchangeSignatureNarwhal3... :P

you are correct only posts - after your post here counts!

only junior members and above counts.

If we really reach to "many" people, we will change for the next month our proposal, but we don't expect this happen.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2015, 09:39:58 pm by Shentist »

Offline hadrian

• View Profile
  • BitShares: hadrian
I have a question. How will you be the counting posts? Have you written a script? I notice the signature is applied to a user's old posts too. I assume you'll count posts made after the forum member has 'signed up' in this thread. I'm just curious.

Another thing - are you sure you can afford this? Might you need to apply a cap somehow, or ask people to volunteer to do it for free?
What if NameNarwhal creates accounts called MetaexchangeSignatureNarwhal0, MetaexchangeSignatureNarwhal1, MetaexchangeSignatureNarwhal2, MetaexchangeSignatureNarwhal3... :P

Offline monsterer

Ok, I can learn to adapt to that definition :-)

I see you came to terms with the idea quite quickly!

My opinions do not represent those of metaexchange unless explicitly stated.

Offline puppies

• View Profile
  • BitShares: puppies
+5%

I was so tempted to post just the above  +5% and leave it at that for the sake of irony.

I've decided instead to create an exceptionally constructive post ( :P) by pointing out what I see as the opposite ends of the spectrum.

• It can legitimately be argued that these signatures will detract from the ambiance in the forum by 'cheapening' the atmosphere and annoying people.

• It can legitimately be argued that these signatures will remind people of a decent on ramp, and will therefore serve to benefit the BitShares ecosystem as a whole. It will also help those who put time and effort into creating metaexchange, which may motivate them further to continue doing good work for BitShares.

Where do I fit on the spectrum? Dunno - I JUST WANT MY BTS REWARD!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

It remains to be seen how aggravating the signatures will be. I'm gonna do it for the time being and see how it goes...

edit: although this is a good question:
I thought you guys act as a BitShares <> other coins exchange?

was there a shift in your PR?

I agree, and am willing to give it a shot as well.

we need to advertise and we want to give it back to the community, so leaves us with the signature idea :D

thanks everyone for the inputs, support and use of metaexchange so far !

Do you ever go on the letstalkbitcoin forum? People have used this kind of signature advertising there. Are you doing this outside of  bitsharestalk at all?

we aware of it, but we are starting here and go then to different communities. Thanks for your input!

I think reaching out to other communities is a great idea.

Offline dannotestein

• View Profile
    • BlockTrades International
  • BitShares: btsnow
AFAIK you can even DISABLE signatures in the forum settings somewhere
Cool, I didn't know that, Xeroc. That solves the issue quite neatly from my point of view, since people can easily opt-out then.
http://blocktrades.us Fast/Safe/High-Liquidity Crypto Coin Converter

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
AFAIK you can even DISABLE signatures in the forum settings somewhere

Offline dannotestein

• View Profile
    • BlockTrades International
  • BitShares: btsnow
So we're going to pretend that links in signatures aren't spam?

imho, it's in a public place, so it's advertising, not spam.

spam, to me, is when it's invading your personal space, like your email account for example.
http://blocktrades.us Fast/Safe/High-Liquidity Crypto Coin Converter

Offline Shentist

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • metaexchange
we need to advertise and we want to give it back to the community, so leaves us with the signature idea :D

Do you ever go on the letstalkbitcoin forum? People have used this kind of signature advertising there. Are you doing this outside of  bitsharestalk at all?

we aware of it, but we are starting here and go then to different communities. Thanks for your input!

Offline hadrian

• View Profile
  • BitShares: hadrian

Offline Shentist

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • metaexchange