Author Topic: POST Bitshares 2.0 release price speculation  (Read 6930 times)

Offline James212

• View Profile
The "market/trader thing" is the keystone of this edifice. If we want just a functional wallet to send and receive coins, we are not very different from other altcoin. The trading platform is very important.

That being said, for regular non crypto persons, we'll need something very basic at some point. Something easy to use without having to dig inside the trading and crypto world.

I was talking about mass adoption and there it isn't just about full-nodes and lightwallets, but there you need a moronic-wallet (with extra idiot-proofing and yes that includes me as a target audience). Of course for marketing purposes you name it something fancy like iPay or uGain or something along those lines.

+5%
BTS: theangelwaveproject

Offline Blazin8888

Whats all this optimism based on? 2.0 will only create a sustainable higher price if the product is usable and attracts a decent userbase that is actually paying fees for services. Weve been failing at that for 12 months now, and I dont see why 2.0 should suddenly change that.
ThI codebase is pretty well developed.. There is more value there then our current marketcap suggests.

Interesting...yes alot is riding on 2.0. it will define the future of Bitshares that is for sure.

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile
Whats all this optimism based on? 2.0 will only create a sustainable higher price if the product is usable and attracts a decent userbase that is actually paying fees for services. Weve been failing at that for 12 months now, and I dont see why 2.0 should suddenly change that.
ThI codebase is pretty well developed.. There is more value there then our current marketcap suggests.
Hired by blockchain | Developer
delegate: dev.sidhujag

Offline speedy

• View Profile
  • BitShares: speedy

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
if 2.0 release goes smoothly, i'd venture to say we'll see a nice little BTS pop, but nothing crazy enough to make most of us millionaires off the bat.
It would be enough if our 100% delegates could make a living from their delegate's pay ... for now

Offline cylonmaker2053

• Saving the world one block at a time
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: cylonmaker2053
if 2.0 release goes smoothly, i'd venture to say we'll see a nice little BTS pop, but nothing crazy enough to make most of us millionaires off the bat. what i hope comes from the release is the itch for some great app devs to start piggybacking on our products to bring them to a broader market. i'd love to start seeing 'bitUSD accepted here' banners even for just a few well-known online merchants. we see that snowball happen and the sky's the limit with the price, but that won't happen overnight with the 2.0 release.

Offline phillyguy

1.) I don't think BitUSD will be a 1st, 2nd or 3rd option for ETH holders looking to cash out (although it certainly should be)

2.) If speculators see a significant ROI on their ETH would there be enough BitUSD available to be attractive?

Or speculators could win big on ETH and want to double down on BTS :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline bitmeat

• View Profile
What you need is, as soon as Ethereum launches to have an easy way to convert ETH <-> BitUSD. This is very important!

Speculators will want out, and what better place to park their winning other than BitUSD?

Offline Blazin8888

0.45CNY

They are really going to have to deliver on the marketing end and the UI of how 2.0 looks. There will be a learning curve for a ton of people. This is all riding on 2.0 if done right.

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile
Hired by blockchain | Developer
delegate: dev.sidhujag

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
Do you guys see us breaking the previous ATH in August of 2014 (.3 cents USD) this year?

The top was actually about 5 cents.  (it was just over .3 CNY). 

If BTS 2.0 is good, catches on, and we have solid business development/partnerships, it could happen.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Blazin8888

Do you guys see us breaking the previous ATH in August of 2014 (.3 cents USD) this year?

Offline mdj

• View Profile
  • BitShares: mdj
1 cent two weeks after release
5 cents after current partners utilize operations
15 around Nov
25 cents by christmas.

After BTC halves in 2016 and everyone starts to catch on whats happening we will be 1 dollar.

It's not that I don't want that to happen ahah but I seriously doubt it will be that high

That's why its called speculation :) .. We can dare to dream all we like. At the end of the day it's all blind luck if anybody calls it. :)  Market speculation like bytemaster said the other day is nothing more than legalized gambling.

I have heard some suggest even $1 after 2.0 comes out.

My speculation is on the high side in my estimation of speculations.. sure... but the more people join in a speculation sometimes it becomes a self fulfilling prophecy. So lets say 25 cent by Christmas. :)

I don't deny wanting the price to go up but I would much rather it going up in a slow, sustainable fashion from actual organic growth and not wild pump and dump speculation. Don't forget that black swan events can be triggered from upside movements too!

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

1 cent two weeks after release
5 cents after current partners utilize operations
15 around Nov
25 cents by christmas.

After BTC halves in 2016 and everyone starts to catch on whats happening we will be 1 dollar.

It's not that I don't want that to happen ahah but I seriously doubt it will be that high

That's why its called speculation :) .. We can dare to dream all we like. At the end of the day it's all blind luck if anybody calls it. :)  Market speculation like bytemaster said the other day is nothing more than legalized gambling.

I have heard some suggest even $1 after 2.0 comes out.

My speculation is on the high side in my estimation of speculations.. sure... but the more people join in a speculation sometimes it becomes a self fulfilling prophecy. So lets say 25 cent by Christmas. :)
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+