Author Topic: No Sommer Announcements for the week?  (Read 14447 times)

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
Wow I actually believed Stan when he said there would be announcements every week until the end of the summer.  Remember until they go to sleep.  It turns out nothing this week.  And last week itself was a non-annoucenment since we already knew about it long ago.  So far the announcements have been underwhelming.  Nothing really says game changing.  And we don't even know what one announcement will do, and this one #4 will occupy yet another annoucenemnt spot at the end of the month.  What happened to all those secret memos and partnerships that Stan couldn't tell us about in his previous weekly updates?

All of this only makes me think how a bit hyperboled up bitshares 2.0 has been.  Can they deliver on time and effectively?  Should we now start questioning the intent the business leaders when they say something?  I think this is constructive criticism if not a good example that I wanted to bring this up with the community because I know I am not the only one who feels slighted if not entirely frustrated.

You need to understand who the announcements are for goes beyond this forum.  If something occurs that you already knew about, congratulations for being a faithful forum rat - the rest of the world didn't know.  (And you didn't know about BunkerDEX already, because Jonathan just told us about his plan to go ahead with it a week earlier.)

Each announcement gets syndicated broadly and, as you just saw with this week's giant Forbes article, we are climbing in the stature of media that feature us.

The goal is to have something about BitShares in syndication in a continuous news saturation campaign leading up to BitShares 2.0 launch.   That will occasionally include reprise visits to various topics from different angles or stages of progress to make sure that everything we've got going gets maximum awareness.  Some of our partners have multi-staged announcement strategies of their own.

Our strategy for the past four weeks was to introduce four great new members of the BitShares Exchange Network to show the diversity of different businesses that can benefit.  Each of these four was actually a group of startup initiatives, so they were technically multiple announcements right there - raising our average.  :P

The entire concept of using a blockchain to integrate groups of groups of businesses should be sufficiently "whelming" for the astute student.   If you are underwhelmed, you are sadly not grasping the significance of it all.  However, like a good suspense thriller, the various plots will come together in the end.  Perhaps some will need to watch the movie a few times before everything sinks in.

After five announcements in a row, we hit a gap this week because of (a) case of strep throat (b) a car accident leaving someone's father in critical condition (c) three other partners who thought they would be ready but aren't quite yet.  Stuff happens.  Fortunately, the wonderful CCEDK Forbes article filled that gap for us nicely.

I believe my statement was we would be making announcements at "regular intervals" all summer long.   Much of that depends on our partners schedules, not ours.

Indeed we might wind up averaging one a week depending on how we choose to bundle the news releases for max sustained impact in the media.  We work that out with our very talented media advisors and are adapting the plan in real time as various acts get ready to go on stage. 

Our Air Traffic Control Team is busy coordinating all the planes on final approach to keep something coming in for a landing "at regular intervals all summer long".  We also want to make sure that each partner gets their fair share of air time in the spotlight like fashion models on the runway or elephants on parade.

I'll leave a tally of the total number of mixed metaphors used in this post as an exercise for the student.

:)

« Last Edit: July 18, 2015, 02:59:55 am by Stan »
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline bytemaster

We had announcements planned for this week, but they got postponed.
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline topcandle

Wow I actually believed Stan when he said there would be announcements every week until the end of the summer.  Remember until they go to sleep.  It turns out nothing this week.  And last week itself was a non-annoucenment since we already knew about it long ago.  So far the announcements have been underwhelming.  Nothing really says game changing.  And we don't even know what one announcement will do, and this one #4 will occupy yet another annoucenemnt spot at the end of the month.  What happened to all those secret memos and partnerships that Stan couldn't tell us about in his previous weekly updates?

All of this only makes me think how a bit hyperboled up bitshares 2.0 has been.  Can they deliver on time and effectively?  Should we now start questioning the intent the business leaders when they say something?  I think this is constructive criticism if not a good example that I wanted to bring this up with the community because I know I am not the only one who feels slighted if not entirely frustrated. 
« Last Edit: July 18, 2015, 01:18:12 am by topcandle »
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads