Author Topic: No Sommer Announcements for the week?  (Read 14441 times)

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

Announcements do not have value. Software does. Until 2.0 is official and the referral program is operational, words are just words.

No, words give the wise insight into what will surely be.

By the time the conditions exist that you describe, the answer will be obvious to everyone and the biggest investment opportunities will have passed.

In some endeavors is pays to be skeptical.  But when the open source and test nets and hours of mumble press conferences are happening before your very eyes, skepticism is just a way to avoid doing the hard work of examining the plain evidence for yourself.

This is the way it should be.  To the diligent go the rewards.  The rest are left saying, "Why don't I ever get a break?"

:)
Well stated +5%
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline phillyguy

Announcements do not have value. Software does. Until 2.0 is official and the referral program is operational, words are just words.

By the time the conditions exist that you describe, the answer will be obvious to everyone and the biggest investment opportunities will have passed.

In some endeavors is pays to be skeptical.  But when the open source and test nets and hours of mumble press conferences are happening before your very eyes, skepticism is just a way to avoid doing the hard work of examining the plain evidence for yourself.

This is the way it should be.  To the diligent go the rewards.  The rest are left saying, "Why don't I ever get a break?"

Stan,

I attend the mumble hangouts. I've played around with a witness node on my RPI2. I'm aware of what the technical possibilities and opportunities are of BitShares 2.0...so I wouldn't say I am "avoiding the hard work of examining the plain evidence."

My point is that an announcement in of itself, is not worth anything. You can (and do) make announcements all summer long, but if none of them actually pan out - what are they worth? You cannot guarantee anything. Past history proves this.

When 2.0 was announced, BM said "this summer". We will see about that. I'm a HODLer - don't get me wrong...all I'm saying is that your announcements are not worth what you think they are to many community members here.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline mint chocolate chip

Ander I got another one for you, there is no reason to market or advertise anything at the moment. Anyone that had signed someone up pre-2.0 announcement gets a lifetime membership and there is now 0 incentive to get someone to look at BTS from June 8th until launch, as such we have seen almost no articles/news/interviews other than those that were bought, hell even our own media/marketing delegates have gone into hibernation with claims they are waiting to strike when it means something. This could have been fixed by simply connecting new sign-ups during this downtime to their referrers in 2.0.

It is noticable that there is less new blood around here and many old regulars have moved on, when we were top 4 we would get random investors, contributors and people checking us out, now that we are below the fold (similar to Google search results) we don't have that visibility and therefore few new buyers.

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan

Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Tuck Fheman

Because you think that DOOM is coming and you want to shove it in my face if I am wrong? :P

:P
Disclosure : I'm not a Libertarian.

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
Tuck, why is that quote from me your signature now.  Lol! :p

You know why.  :P

Because you think that DOOM is coming and you want to shove it in my face if I am wrong? :P
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline phillyguy

Tuck Fheman

You know why.  :P

Offline Ander

• View Profile

Tuck Fheman

One of these days we're going to Summer Announce, "Oh, by the way, that test net that's been running flawlessly for the past week, that's now the official release version."  Then the 30 day countdown to the Pitch Fork will begin.

So you don't know the day or the hour, but you already know the season.

Endure the tribulation and enjoy the rapture...

"Fab Five Freddie told me everybody's high
DJ's spinnin' are savin' my mind
Flash is fast, Flash is cool
Francois sez fas, Flashe' no do
and you don't stop..."

36"No one knows about that day or hour, not even the Angel Investors in AGS, nor the Dev's, but only the Issuer. As it was in the days of Satoshi, so it will be at the coming of the ShareDrop."

Tuck Fheman

If a manipulator actually was executing this strategy, what you would see is VERY LARGE sell walls, looking all scary, causing others to dump shares into the bids of the whale placing the sell walls.  that is not what we are seeing.  Instead, its the buywalls that are consistently large, and then someone (people who now hate bitshares and want out apparently), just keep dumping into them over and over.

"There's no need to show the horse the whip when he's already running as fast as he can." - Tuck Fheman ;)

Offline Ander

• View Profile
You got a better theory Ander for why since the June 8th announcement it has been on a constant downward pressure?

Its because a bunch of people out there are pissed off at the bitshares dev team, or have lost trust in them, combined with people losing patience for 2.0 coming out. 

They are upset about the formation of Cryptonomex, which they see as making bytemaster & team not committed to Bitshares. 

They are upset about the creation of Brownie.PTS (probably because they didnt get some), because they feel it is taking away from potential BTS sharedrops.

They are upset about Identabit sharedropping on Brownie, because it confirmed for them that Brownie is taking away from potential BTS sharedrops.

They are also worried that 2.0 is vaporware and will never release.
We had a promising start of a rally turn into a very sharp decline pretty much immediately when the Identabit announcement came out. 

I dont agree with them on these issues, but I have seen people complain about these things on message boards and exchange trollboxes, and to me it explains the decline (in satoshi terms.  obviously the btc decline played a part in us declining relative to dollars as well).  Basically some significant holders didnt like these changes and sold as a result.

I dont buy the idea that a whale actually desires to increase his BTS holdings, but is doing so by dumping the hell out of BTS, hoping that after its low enough, they can then buy more cheap before it goes back up. 

If someone is actually doing this, they are failing at it super hard, because they have had to dump a huge amount of BTS, and there is almost NO volume of sell walls coming to let them buy it back.  Almost all of the volume is people dumping over and over into slowly lowering large buywalls.  They break one level of buywalls, and buyers set more big walls lower down, then this repeats.  There havent been bounces or buying of big sellwalls to indicate that someone is successfully selling and then buying back more shares.  Its pure selling.

If a manipulator actually was executing this strategy, what you would see is VERY LARGE sell walls, looking all scary, causing others to dump shares into the bids of the whale placing the sell walls.  that is not what we are seeing.  Instead, its the buywalls that are consistently large, and then someone (people who now hate bitshares and want out apparently), just keep dumping into them over and over.

I believe the cause of the peopel giving up are the things I outlined earlier.  (they dont like cryptonomex or brownies, and/or they are worried 2.0 wont ever release).  Additionally, some may have given up on 2.0 releasing and went into Ethereum.

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

I will admit I thought the price would move based on the announcements but I am more convinced now that big money is driving the price down in preparation of what's coming for bigger gains then what can be realized in this speculative market.

I am not sure if that is the dumbest or the most funny thing I have heard on the forum.

Just the picture of Institutional funds losing money to push down the price of a sub-penny cryptocurrency with a 7 figure marketcap in which nobody outside of this forum has ever heard of, is just outright stupid thinking. On the other hand, thinking anyone beyond your little pow wow of 15-30 people, there esists some elusive "Big Money" player, is hilarious.

I agree with newmine on something!

Yes, whenever anyone insist that the price of something is being pushed down in order for someone big to accumulate, I roll my eyes a bit. :)  Its a standard way to avoid admitting to yourself that you were wrong about where the price was going.  ("I'm not wrong *the market* is wrong!") 

If any whale out there cared about Bitshares they would just buy a ton of it currently while its cheap.  There is no need to play elaborate games with the price, they could simply buy it at 1/3 of a cent.

Poor newmine.. needs to go back a week to dig up something to fud with.

Ander buying into the low.

It's actually not my idea.. but one that was presented by someone who is far more involved in the markets than myself. It was presented here in forums.. I don't just watch bitshares... it holds true for the tiny little crypto world in which we live. Any trader with a tiny little slush fund could play all the markets at the same time except for the bigger ones.. the smaller volume ones though are well within reach.

You got a better theory Ander for why since the June 8th announcement it has been on a constant downward pressure? You really think a $50-$100k daily volume cannot be easily played by a handful if not just one trader at a bank with a $100m slush who has chosen to follow cryptos as part of his earnings?

That is far more likely than a 'market of 15-30 people here' as newmine like to put it.
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline Ander

• View Profile
I will admit I thought the price would move based on the announcements but I am more convinced now that big money is driving the price down in preparation of what's coming for bigger gains then what can be realized in this speculative market.

I am not sure if that is the dumbest or the most funny thing I have heard on the forum.

Just the picture of Institutional funds losing money to push down the price of a sub-penny cryptocurrency with a 7 figure marketcap in which nobody outside of this forum has ever heard of, is just outright stupid thinking. On the other hand, thinking anyone beyond your little pow wow of 15-30 people, there esists some elusive "Big Money" player, is hilarious.

I agree with newmine on something!

Yes, whenever anyone insist that the price of something is being pushed down in order for someone big to accumulate, I roll my eyes a bit. :)  Its a standard way to avoid admitting to yourself that you were wrong about where the price was going.  ("I'm not wrong *the market* is wrong!") 

If any whale out there cared about Bitshares they would just buy a ton of it currently while its cheap.  There is no need to play elaborate games with the price, they could simply buy it at 1/3 of a cent.

Offline NewMine

• View Profile