Author Topic: ETA on 2.0?  (Read 9988 times)

Offline mike623317

• View Profile

Is there any chance of some screenshots or wire frames of how th web interface will look?
Is it still planned to be modular so beginner and advanced users can have a different look and fel?

Thx

Offline cylonmaker2053

• Saving the world one block at a time
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: cylonmaker2053
what exactly does that mean? implications for the future of Bitshares?
BitShares has licenced the right to use CNX's graphene code indefinitely AFAIK ..
hence no implications for BTS directly ..

what about modifying the system over time? or are we fixed with a tech freeze at launch and restricted to whatever CNX wants to implement in future?

No restrictions on what you want to implement in the future.    The only restriction would be on FUTURE code developed by CNX, but we will likely offer everything to BTS as a worker proposal.

cool, well it'll be interesting to see where this all goes. this is by far the most interesting crypto project to me.

Offline bytemaster

BitShares has licenced the right to use CNX's graphene code indefinitely AFAIK ..

what about modifying the system over time? or are we fixed with a tech freeze at launch and restricted to whatever CNX wants to implement in future?

No restrictions on what you want to implement in the future.    The only restriction would be on FUTURE code developed by CNX, but we will likely offer everything to BTS as a worker proposal.
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline cylonmaker2053

• View Profile

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc

Offline cylonmaker2053

• View Profile
I bet on September 9th

This source code is provided for evaluation in private test networks only, until September 8, 2015. After this date, this license expires and
the code may not be used, modified or distributed for any purpose.

https://github.com/cryptonomex/graphene/blob/master/LICENSE

Offline clayop

• View Profile
    • Bitshares Korea
  • BitShares: clayop
I bet on September 9th

This source code is provided for evaluation in private test networks only, until September 8, 2015. After this date, this license expires and
the code may not be used, modified or distributed for any purpose.

https://github.com/cryptonomex/graphene/blob/master/LICENSE
Bitshares Korea - http://www.bitshares.kr
Vote for me and see Korean Bitshares community grows
delegate-clayop

Offline cylonmaker2053

• View Profile
a better 2.0 release guestimation thread:

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,17631.0/topicseen.html

maybe September?

Offline cylonmaker2053

• View Profile
i keep hearing sometime this summer, possibly September, but i'm just spreading rumor right now...

Offline devlux

• View Profile
I'm re-doing some infrastructure on our end that is necessary to support BTS.
Not sure why I have to rebuild this thing and resync each time I move from dev to live, but either way it's hours of work and it impacts everything in our business that relies on BTS or bitUSD.

Because of this I'm wondering if we're looking at BTS 2.0 to be released this quarter or next or if it's looking more like 2016?
I need as much lead time as possible for infrastructure and development planning.  Just shunting over in 90 days is not enough time for us to recode everything that depends on the current API.  I'm not seeing API docs for the next gen system either so I have no idea what it will entail, but everything I'm reading so far is saying the current API gets tossed out.

Thanks for any info.  It will help me sleep well tonight to know how much time I've got before I need to start working on that project.