Author Topic: Correction is over, wave 3 up to begin soon.  (Read 5224 times)

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile
1 day MACD buy signal in CNY terms triggered too.  (In satoshis it triggered a ocuple days ago).

How is the 'correction is over' doing? How soon is the 'wave up' coming?
Its not.
Contrarian indicator triggered!
Hired by blockchain | Developer
delegate: dev.sidhujag

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
1 day MACD buy signal in CNY terms triggered too.  (In satoshis it triggered a ocuple days ago).

Its not.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline cube

• Bit by bit, we will get there!
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bitcube

ID: bitcube
bitcube is a dedicated witness and committe member. Please vote for bitcube.

Offline Ander

• View Profile
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline EstefanTT

@ander, you seem to be accurate most of the time. I love your analysis !

I'm myself reading my first book on TA. Do you have in mind some books you would recommend me.

I'm a professional poker player since years now. I don't need to much information on bankroll managment and mindset. I'm use to deal with these things.

My main focus is learning the basics, have a solid knowledge ground to build on it.

Any recommendations ?

I think you can learn it all from online sites.

Most important things, imo:  Support and resistance levels, trendlines, moving average crossovers (MACD).

Thanks you Ander ! I started to play around with a couple of btc at Poloniex with my very fresh new learnings of support/resistance and volume. I'm finishing my first book. So far so good.

I'll check more in details the moving average crossovers (MACD).

Ander may disagree with this, but I think you would be much better off just using a "naked" chart that only has candles on it.  Maybe add a 20ema, but that's it.  This way will teach you how to read market structure and you will become much more familiar with price action patterns.

Indicators like stochastics, MACD, Alligator Oscillator, Awesome Oscillatore, CCI, RSI and thousands more are all lagging indicators.  This means that they derive there value from past price points.  They can be slightly useful, but often the newbie trader ends up filling their screens with 5 or 6 indicators and everything gets confusing.  Your focus is also taken away from the price action when you have to look at a bunch of indicators.  When you are first looking at using an indicator, it looks like it can never miss and it hits almost all bottoms and tops.  Unfortunately once put into practice these indicators all generate tons of false signals due to a variety of factors that don't show up on historical charts.  Mostly from incomplete candles, or they don't confirm until after a massive move has already been made.

The book I'm reading is all about the first steps. No indicators. Only the candles, the volumes and the resistance/support/triangle/trends/... I will take a look further on some indicators but only when I will be able to understand how they are built and how they work. That's obviously not for tomorrow, neither the day after  :P

Thanks for your opinion. It makes me feel that I'm starting at the good place with this book.
Bit20, the cryptocurrency index fund http://www.bittwenty.com
(BitShares French ConneXion - www.bitsharesfcx.com)

Offline EstefanTT

I started to play around with a couple of btc at Poloniex

Start off small.

Also, you might be tempted to use the margin features on poloniex, but don't.  If you screw it up you lose your position.  Also if someone spikes the price (due to margin call or whatever), and it clears the order book, you can get margin called and lose your position, due to it hitting a price it "shouldn't have hit" (and won't hit on other exchanges).  Altcoin markets arent really liquid enough to support this margin, imo.  And the interest eats away at your position.

Lending BTC using their lending page is good though, if you are going to have BTC sitting around for at least a couple days, better to get interest with it.  I'm getting .05% a day on some BTC there.

I also thought the margin feature on so volatile currencies was quite dangerous.

I didn't investigate the lending but I will ! It seem nice for the btc out of trades.

I will start small. I started playing online poker on the nl2€ 6 max cash game, even if my bankroll from live poker was big enough to start on big tables. I'm a cautious man.

2 btc may seem a little to much in the hands of a newbie but it's just the good amount for me. Not too small so it keep me very concentrated on every step of the operations. Not to big, so I'm not gonna feel bad if I lose x% of my bankroll on my 50 first trades.

Thanks for the advices, they are very much appreciated !

Offline cylonmaker2053

• Saving the world one block at a time
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: cylonmaker2053
When trading BitShares, I use the Newmine indicator. You won't find it on any charts I know of, but it's the most important BTS indicator of all. ;)

are you a professional Newmine contrarian?

Tuck Fheman

I'm a professional poker player...

There are more in cryptocurrency each day.

Years ago cryptocurrency offered me the fix I needed after online poker was taken away and most home games dried up in our area.

Now I'm addicted. The addiction between poker and cryptocurrency is similar for me in many ways, yet very different. It still results in the same rush. ;)

Tuck Fheman

I'm myself reading my first book on TA. Do you have in mind some books you would recommend me.

I'm a professional poker player since years now. I don't need to much information on bankroll managment and mindset. I'm use to deal with these things.

My main focus is learning the basics, have a solid knowledge ground to build on it.

Any recommendations ?

Most important things, imo:  Support and resistance levels, trendlines, moving average crossovers (MACD).

Thanks you Ander ! I started to play around with a couple of btc at Poloniex with my very fresh new learnings of support/resistance and volume. I'm finishing my first book. So far so good.

Ander may disagree with this, but I think you would be much better off just using a "naked" chart that only has candles on it.  Maybe add a 20ema, but that's it.  This way will teach you how to read market structure and you will become much more familiar with price action patterns.

Indicators like stochastics, MACD, Alligator Oscillator, Awesome Oscillatore, CCI, RSI and thousands more are all lagging indicators.  This means that they derive there value from past price points.  They can be slightly useful, but often the newbie trader ends up filling their screens with 5 or 6 indicators and everything gets confusing.  Your focus is also taken away from the price action when you have to look at a bunch of indicators.  When you are first looking at using an indicator, it looks like it can never miss and it hits almost all bottoms and tops.  Unfortunately once put into practice these indicators all generate tons of false signals due to a variety of factors that don't show up on historical charts.  Mostly from incomplete candles, or they don't confirm until after a massive move has already been made.

When trading BitShares, I use the Newmine indicator. You won't find it on any charts I know of, but it's the most important BTS indicator of all. ;)

Offline lil_jay890

• View Profile

Any recommendations ?

Offline Ander

• View Profile
I started to play around with a couple of btc at Poloniex

Start off small.

Also, you might be tempted to use the margin features on poloniex, but don't.  If you screw it up you lose your position.  Also if someone spikes the price (due to margin call or whatever), and it clears the order book, you can get margin called and lose your position, due to it hitting a price it "shouldn't have hit" (and won't hit on other exchanges).  Altcoin markets arent really liquid enough to support this margin, imo.  And the interest eats away at your position.

Lending BTC using their lending page is good though, if you are going to have BTC sitting around for at least a couple days, better to get interest with it.  I'm getting .05% a day on some BTC there.

Offline EstefanTT

Any recommendations ?

Offline EstefanTT

Any recommendations ?

Are you based in France, isn't your online poker segregated? Pokerstars has a French specific site I think.

Hopefully crypto will develop borderless blockchain poker with a fraction of the rake soon enough.

Yes, my poker is segregated and since that stupid law came official, there is much less traffic on the rooms and a lot of taxes to pay on what is won. 

The best project I saw so far is "pangea poker". They are building it with NXT. It will begin as semi decentralised poker and step by step they aim to become fully decentralised.

I'm obviously very impatient to see it coming !!!

Offline Ander

• View Profile
There is still a chance of one more dip lower before we go up, which would make my call look bad. :P 
But I'm hoping I am correct and the next move is up.  We need to break this .035 resistance.  We got the MACD buy signal if priced in BTC, but not yet if priced in CNY, though it is coming as long as we dont have a big dump.

Offline Ander

• View Profile

Any recommendations ?