Author Topic: [July/Agust 2015] BCN ♥ - The Nullstreet Journal № 0.5  (Read 5595 times)

Offline cylonmaker2053

• Saving the world one block at a time
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: cylonmaker2053
« Last Edit: October 28, 2015, 10:28:57 am by cass »

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline vikram

Offline Ben Mason

• Integrity & Innovation, powered by Bitshares
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: benjojo
Thank you for such a professional and exiting summary of the awesome, AWESOME, work being done by so many to change the world. I look forward to the journals and I hope they continue.....  +5%

Offline CalabiYau

Offline bobmaloney

"The crows seemed to be calling his name, thought Caw."
- Jack Handey (SNL)

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
We're thinking of to continue with Nullstreet Journal within a bi-yearly cyclus or somthing kinda!

I would also love to print it real ... just imagine you'll notice the Nullstreet Journal one day .. when you'll sit in doctor's waiting room .. </dreaming>

No, serious ... i'm in talk with @CryptoPrometheus and the team ... to issue NSJ as a year book or half a year ... then hard covered and in a real magazine style ...
Just thinking loud at this stage ... so pls stay tuned ... more to come soon ...
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
Awesome to read through what everyone is doing! Exciting times ahead  +5%

Edits: Three of the "here" miss a link: p21 in Adam's post and p22 Solomon's penultimate paragraph, p24 KenCode's wiki link. Also at p29 in the BitSpace section #4 should begin with the new sentence.

sry @all for broken links! :( My problem last days was, i was thinking that it's a good idea to upgrade to newest InDesign version before creating current NSJ issue!
Not a good idea at all! I had to completely rebuild the journal file and so 50+ sites design, links etc ...

I've updated Adams FMV section, also Ken,…Bitspace etc ... sry again for this circumstances ... :( no excuse

Tuck Fheman

Sometimes you have to find a happy medium.

Nearly every journal article that comes across my desk requires proofreading and often editing as well. I have to be very cautious when I alter pieces of writing that are published under someone else's name, because we have only a few days between the deadline and publication and it is not always possible to confirm every edit I make with the original author. Most of the time, I have to make a judgement call.

That said, not every article I edit is going to appear perfect in the eyes of every reader. In truth, we have a bit more leeway than a more centralized publication. Because there are no barriers to entry, space is open to pretty much any community member that has something to contribute. Naturally, everyone has different styles and skill levels of writing and we have to accommodate this.

While I always do my best to preserve BTS image, the nature of my position as editor of a "decentralized" newsletter means I must default to preserving the integrity and authenticity of the author as well as the message of the article. I hope that makes sense :)

Very well said. I and everyone else at TF agree with every word above and believe you have handled such situations with the utmost integrity.

Offline roadscape

Another great issue! +5%

Is the monthly newsletter just changing 'format'?
There will be more issues under the Nullstreet brand, yes?

e: or will it just be the 'DPOShub Newsletter'?
http://cryptofresh.com  |  witness: roadscape

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado
"While I always do my best to preserve the "BTS image" as it were, the nature of my position as editor of a "decentralized" newsletter means I must default to preserving the integrity and authenticity of the author as well as the message of the article. I hope that makes sense"

Maybe, to avoid confusion, you could just add that little note at the end of the page? I guess that way everyone would be satisfied and would understand
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline CryptoPrometheus

• View Profile

Edits: Three of the "here" miss a link: p21 in Adam's post and p22 Solomon's penultimate paragraph, p24 KenCode's wiki link. Also at p29 in the BitSpace section #4 should begin with the new sentence.

Thanks, I will tell cass right away. He was having a heck of a time using Adobe InDesign - they just updated and there are tons of bugs. I found a couple other links that got messed up too.
"Power and law are not synonymous. In fact, they are often in opposition and irreconcilable."
- Cicero

Offline CryptoPrometheus

• View Profile
Everything very professional indeed. Really well done.
Except one section.. the BTSFAIR introduction. How come nobody edited it before publishing??

I proofread and lightly copy edit most of the material that comes from our international friends, but only just enough so that the content can be understood. I don't like to completely remove their accent, or else it would not be/sound authentic ;)
As much as I appreciate everything you are doing, Prometheus, I disagree on this one.
In this case I think preserving the BTS image is more important than letting this guy sound authentic.

Sometimes you have to find a happy medium.

Nearly every journal article that comes across my desk requires proofreading and often editing as well. I have to be very cautious when I alter pieces of writing that are published under someone else's name, because we have only a few days between the deadline and publication and it is not always possible to confirm every edit I make with the original author. Most of the time, I have to make a judgement call.

That said, not every article I edit is going to appear perfect in the eyes of every reader. In truth, we have a bit more leeway than a more centralized publication. Because there are no barriers to entry, space is open to pretty much any community member that has something to contribute. Naturally, everyone has different styles and skill levels of writing and we have to accommodate this.

While I always do my best to preserve BTS image, the nature of my position as editor of a "decentralized" newsletter means I must default to preserving the integrity and authenticity of the author as well as the message of the article. I hope that makes sense :)
« Last Edit: July 22, 2015, 11:05:12 pm by CryptoPrometheus »
"Power and law are not synonymous. In fact, they are often in opposition and irreconcilable."
- Cicero

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains