Author Topic: Please cast your vote for where to send gentso's delegate funds  (Read 13117 times)

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

From what I see now it looks like the consensus is for burning all 85% of gentso's delegate pay.

If that holds true by tomorrow I will redirect that pay to the burn bucket.

What address constitutes a verifiable burn address? I tried to search for "burn" and "burn address" here in the forum but could not find such an address. What's the best way to accomplish burning funds now?

If the final say is burn.. then you should be taking the delegate offline again and letting it get voted down. That is essentially what the poll is saying if you are to interpret that as such. Let the whole delegate go down just like tradebts.gulu in this case.

lil_lay890 also brought up a good point that the final 'consensus' if you want to call it that was in favor of putting the funds to work in some way. I agree with this position more so. The delegate was voted to work for bitshares, not burn... otherwise someone else is being denied the right to be voted in. Most people are not aware of what has happened to your delegate.
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline pc

• View Profile
    • Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko?
  • BitShares: cyrano
From what I see now it looks like the consensus is for burning all 85% of gentso's delegate pay.

What address constitutes a verifiable burn address? I tried to search for "burn" and "burn address" here in the forum but could not find such an address. What's the best way to accomplish burning funds now?

You don't burn by sending to an address. There's a burn command in the CLI:

Code: [Select]
wallet_burn <amount_to_burn> <asset_symbol> <from_account_name> <for_or_against> <to_account_name> [public_message] [anonymous]
Burns given amount to the given account.  This will allow you to post message and +/- sentiment on someones account as a form of reputation.                                                 
Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko? ISBN 978-3-8442-6568-2 http://bitcoin.quisquis.de

Offline lil_jay890

• View Profile

Your poll is not really fair... You have a whole bunch of options that say to distribute the funds, but only 1 option to destroy the funds.  This is forcing the voters who would like to see them used for something to spread out their votes.

The more realistic poll results would be:

16- Distribute to a delegate to use for work
14-Burn
« Last Edit: July 30, 2015, 07:02:49 pm by lil_jay890 »

Offline Thom

Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere - MLK |  Verbaltech2 Witness Reports: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,23902.0.html

Offline Thom

This poll will decide where gentso's delegate pay (85% of a 100% delegate) will be redirected. I will retain my existing 15% fee to maintain the delegate node and supply 24 feeds, and handle any oversight of the chosen recipient(s) should the community decide later this redirection should be changed.

I want to stress this redirection is subject to change based on community input, though it will not be changed without a solid case being made here in the forum and well in advance. These funds will of course disappear should delegate.verbaltech be voted out of the 101.

I have tried to provide a wide range of poll options to choose between, including the last 2 open ended "write ins" which may need a different poll to sort through if lots of other options are suggested. Based on the response to this so far I don't think that will be necessary.

I have given this poll 3 days to finish, which will be on Thursday. Final discussion and decision will be made at the end of Friday's mumble and funds will start flowing immediately. I will set the payout period to be every 7 days.

It should also be emphasized that delegate.verbaltech was voted in based on it's business development / marketing value. Some of the poll choices do not represent that but may be worthy alternatives.
Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere - MLK |  Verbaltech2 Witness Reports: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,23902.0.html