Author Topic: first expiration and then Forced to cover BUG!!!!  (Read 4217 times)

Offline sudo

• View Profile
  • BitShares: ags
Keep in mind this is only a GUI bug. I've changed Bitsharesblocks so it shows orders that are expired AND margin called as buys at +10% of the call price. You probably need to force a refresh of Bitsharesblocks to get the changes, shift+F5 should do it.

ok , thank you

but
37,087.465 bitUSD  @ 110% feed price?

« Last Edit: August 09, 2015, 04:27:18 pm by sudo »

Offline svk

Keep in mind this is only a GUI bug. I've changed Bitsharesblocks so it shows orders that are expired AND margin called as buys at +10% of the call price. You probably need to force a refresh of Bitsharesblocks to get the changes, shift+F5 should do it.
Worker: dev.bitsharesblocks

Offline cylonmaker2053

• Saving the world one block at a time
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: cylonmaker2053
why not fix it?

expiration & margin call orders  didn't  at 110% price feed

if price still going down  some orders  will not  have  enough collateral!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yeah the market's a mess right now with the bitUSD cover backlog and BTS price crashing seemingly nonstop. collateral is being wiped out and part of that margin call / expired position buy wall could be evidence of overall market insufficient collateral to cover positions. if you opened a short and ended up getting wiped out it's possible your funds got tied up indefinitely and you won't have sufficient BTS to ever reverse the position. i'm not sure how this plays out for the market, as a whole?

Offline sudo

• View Profile
why not fix it?

expiration & margin call orders  didn't  at 110% price feed

if price still going down  some orders  will not  have  enough collateral!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline cylonmaker2053

• View Profile
I had the same yesterday. I sold a BitUSD and it has been bought instantaneously. This time, I observed the expired short and they are the ones buying my sell order.

I did some checking with some BitUSD, the "wall" is probably composed of expired and margin call shorts.

If you want to short and don't be bought directly so you have time to buy your own short order and roll over, you have to place it 10 % above the wall or above the highest margin call if there are.

In fact you can see more or less where is the 10% limit looking at the selling orders column. The cheaper one is above the limit (obviously, if not it would have been bought), so if you short slightly cheaper than it, you shouldn't have any problem.

You can also calculate the 10% and short above.

I use to sell 1 BitUSD as a test before roll over my shorts. If the BitUSD remain there unsold, you're good to go ! As long as the wall price/ price feed don't change, you can roll over the other shorts you have without having to use the 1 BitUSD test.

I understand it better when looking the order book on bitshgares blocks ;)

cool, thx for the update. i've actually been doing the exact same thing rolling over some of my short positions. i first test with a 1 bitUSD order, which i sometimes still sloppily mess up, but the consequence are small; if it sits on the order book without executing, then i'll put in my actual order by simultaneously submitting the buy and short.

Offline EstefanTT

I had the same yesterday. I sold a BitUSD and it has been bought instantaneously. This time, I observed the expired short and they are the ones buying my sell order.

I did some checking with some BitUSD, the "wall" is probably composed of expired and margin call shorts.

If you want to short and don't be bought directly so you have time to buy your own short order and roll over, you have to place it 10 % above the wall or above the highest margin call if there are.

In fact you can see more or less where is the 10% limit looking at the selling orders column. The cheaper one is above the limit (obviously, if not it would have been bought), so if you short slightly cheaper than it, you shouldn't have any problem.

You can also calculate the 10% and short above.

I use to sell 1 BitUSD as a test before roll over my shorts. If the BitUSD remain there unsold, you're good to go ! As long as the wall price/ price feed don't change, you can roll over the other shorts you have without having to use the 1 BitUSD test.

I understand it better when looking the order book on bitshgares blocks ;)

Bit20, the cryptocurrency index fund http://www.bittwenty.com
(BitShares French ConneXion - www.bitsharesfcx.com)

Offline cylonmaker2053

• View Profile
I tried it. I did snapshops (3) during the process.

You can see them in the link I gave in my previous comment.

I sold 1bitusd above the margin call and it get bought instantaneously.

The 3 snapshots have been taken in less then 10 sec. As soon as the order hit the blockchain, it got fill.

The margin call short sum didn't change after the bitusd has been sold. So it doesn't seem that is the margin call shorts.

Is it possible that someone is running a bot that place order as soon as it find a price that interest it ?

it still feels like there might be a bot with priority access to trades.

Offline sudo

• View Profile

Offline EstefanTT

I tried it. I did snapshops (3) during the process.

You can see them in the link I gave in my previous comment.

I sold 1bitusd above the margin call and it get bought instantaneously.

The 3 snapshots have been taken in less then 10 sec. As soon as the order hit the blockchain, it got fill.

The margin call short sum didn't change after the bitusd has been sold. So it doesn't seem that is the margin call shorts.

Is it possible that someone is running a bot that place order as soon as it find a price that interest it ?
« Last Edit: July 31, 2015, 02:41:55 pm by EstefanTT »

Offline arhag

• View Profile
    • My posts on Steem
  • BitShares: arhag
  • GitHub: arhag
If we can get confirmation from bm or someone else of how it actually works I can change the logic behind it.

Should be simple enough to test. Someone sell a small amount of BitUSD at a price of 230 BTS/BitUSD and see if it gets filled and causes the amount of the cover order at the 230.4598 BTS/BitUSD price to decrease by the corresponding amount. Obviously adjust the numbers to reflect whatever they happen to be at the present time (I haven't checked if they changed).

Offline EstefanTT

We had some weird behaviour of the platform lately with CyclonMaker when shorting or trying to roll over our shorts.

I started a thread to gather some answers.

We had almost all the answers we needed here ;

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,17588.0.htm

As you'll see, there one last unsolved mystery. Sometimes, you short bitxxx or you sell bitxxx above the highest buyer and it get bought instantaneously by an "invisible" buyer. That happens without any margin call shorts being there or even above 10% the price of the margin call when there is some.

Nobody answers that. It would be great if someone could clarify the situation.

Offline svk

I can't find  230.4598 orders

http://bitsharesblocks.com/asset/orderbook?asset=USD

bitsharesblocks handles this the same way as the wallet.

If we can get confirmation from bm or someone else of how it actually works I can change the logic behind it.

Offline sudo

• View Profile

Offline sudo

• View Profile
Here's what it looks like right now if I switch around the logic:

so it's GUI bug?

Offline svk

Here's what it looks like right now if I switch around the logic: