Author Topic: Ethereum price discussion  (Read 143276 times)

Offline bytemaster

its just funny seeing the cycle repeat, although now people can short and make money through a nice interface (polo) so people are actually benefiting.

I think without real world use cases and real demand on the token, its hard to justify a rise in prices given the fact that development timelines are years in the future. The leaked chat confirmed this.

I would make the argument that the ability to short will actually make the dips shallower.  The fact that shorters have to cover should dampen big dips.  It still baffles me that governments that think banning short selling will prevent the market from declining, when in fact it does the opposite.

I think you are slightly mistaken.... banning short selling prevents the market from declining TODAY by removing support TOMORROW.    Think of it as burning your stabilizer fuel trying to generate thrust.... it will quickly run out of fuel and then things become more volatile in the future but will ultimately fail to stop the pull of gravity.    At the end of the day it is nothing more than those in power picking the winners and losers.

For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile
its just funny seeing the cycle repeat, although now people can short and make money through a nice interface (polo) so people are actually benefiting.

I think without real world use cases and real demand on the token, its hard to justify a rise in prices given the fact that development timelines are years in the future. The leaked chat confirmed this.

I would make the argument that the ability to short will actually make the dips shallower.  The fact that shorters have to cover should dampen big dips.  It still baffles me that governments that think banning short selling will prevent the market from declining, when in fact it does the opposite.
Thats true, i think they ban short selling in times of emergency like when the bond vigilantes did their thing with Greece. In the end you cant "ban" a normal market function, it will ruin any confidence in it.

It may cause short squeezes, although it also can cause big crashes if big whales get in.
Hired by blockchain | Developer
delegate: dev.sidhujag

Offline lil_jay890

• View Profile

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile

Hired by blockchain | Developer
delegate: dev.sidhujag

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
When the price gets back to 2-3 cents I'm going to be super grateful that it went down this low.  I have around 10-20x as many BTS as I wouldve had if it just went higher right away.

For now its still a bit painful though.  The blame for the dorp is spread around many factors, but there is no way it couldve been avoided unless the initial release product had been amazing and caught on to a huge extent right away, which is incredibly unrealistic.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

unreadPostsSinceLastVisit

What do eth people blame the fall on.   

What did we blame it on when we fell from the peak?

"blah blah blah.... this is bottom... blah blah bla... can't believe its so undervalued... blah blah blah wow, it cant possibly go any lower, i'm doubling down... blah blah blah... china is dumping!... blah blah blah... what are the devs doing?!?... blah blah blah... Fuck this (insert any crypto coin)"

Same story for every coin

It was really hard for me not to feel "judged" by the fall in BTS price, but seeing the same trends repeating over and over have helped me to realize that it isn't all my fault.

It's not your fault AT ALL. Should 'toshi have felt judged when bitcoin fell from *insert any bitcoin high* to *insert any bitcoin low*

You're doing a fantastic job with this project. The merger was almost a year ago and the inflation it caused wasn't enough to justify this big of a drop.

I for one have been extremely thankful the price has been this low this long. If price only reflected the quality of the project then Bitcoin would have been surpassed by now, and Dogecoin would have have a market cap of 500,000.

Offline Ander

• View Profile
It was really hard for me not to feel "judged" by the fall in BTS price, but seeing the same trends repeating over and over have helped me to realize that it isn't all my fault.

Yes.

Doesnt it feel good to know we already went through it and have better things ahead? :)
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline bytemaster

"blah blah blah.... this is bottom... blah blah bla... can't believe its so undervalued... blah blah blah wow, it cant possibly go any lower, i'm doubling down... blah blah blah... china is dumping!... blah blah blah... what are the devs doing?!?... blah blah blah... Fuck this (insert any crypto coin)"

For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline lil_jay890

• View Profile

Offline Ander

• View Profile

Offline nomoreheroes7

• King of all the land
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: nomoreheroes7

Natural movement in a highly speculative market whose value is derived from a hyper-alpha product...

At least that's what I blame it on.  :P

Offline sittingduck

• View Profile

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado
You just had another one lol hope it continues going down like expected. More and more confident it can.reach 20M

Offline Ander

• View Profile
Wow I wish I was short ETH during this drop.  At least I'm not in it.

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado
With BitShares 2.0 about to blow minds on its path, I would be waiting something like a couple of months before the Ethereum GUI release to start buying ETH ;)
I may reconsider my position on ethereum once they have POS

Any ETA on the Ethereum GUI?

I believe I asked this already a few times although I forgot and can't find it lol but what's up with ethereum supply? doesn't it have high inflation? Does the supply cap at any time? Is it only when tx fees > inflation? Sorry I know I asked this in the past but if someone could educate me for good, I would appreciate it.