Author Topic: Ethereum price discussion  (Read 143363 times)

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
This isnt the top, its the breakout.  Its the moment when ETH shows the world it is replacing btc.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
welp, just shorted some eth. I don't normally like to gamble but this... this is just too obvious...

lets see how this goes.

NO.

My god I hope you guys are long ETH, or hold some ETH, or something.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

unreadPostsSinceLastVisit

welp, just shorted some eth. I don't normally like to gamble but this... this is just too obvious...

lets see how this goes.

TravelsAsia

... and usefulness of end product.
Tell me about it! How useful is ethereum at this stage? What meaningful smart contracts do they have? Slock.it?

BitShares was on the 3th place of coinmarketcap by a useless 1.0 wallet that even the devs admitted it was "unable to use for normal people" .   so .... no one really cares about usefulness on the market .

I bought into Ethereum around a $1.70. I'm speculating that Augur, Plutus (Bitcoin and Ethereum contactless payments) or Slock.it will bring attention to Ethereum platform.   It's the same gamble I took with BitShares with Play, Vote and Peertracks.  I wish success for both platforms.

IMHO, to outsiders, it looks like we're in constant flux, constantly changing the rules and our identity of what we are as a platform. This is just feedback from a small sample size of people I know in the space.  If someone created an FBA for a super simple interface for the existing prediction market code, I think we'd see a renewed interest.  We need the killer app!

Offline btswildpig

• View Profile
Tell me about it! How useful is ethereum at this stage? What meaningful smart contracts do they have? Slock.it?

BitShares was on the 3th place of coinmarketcap by a useless 1.0 wallet that even the devs admitted it was "unable to use for normal people" .   so .... no one really cares about usefulness on the market .
这个是私人账号,表达的一切言论均不代表任何团队和任何人。This is my personal account , anything I said with this account will be my opinion alone and has nothing to do with any group.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc

Offline noisy

Hopefully people start reading the whitepaper and understand what bitshares is ALL ABOUT .. not just jump on the train for a quick buck ..

Bytemaster usually announces everything as it comes in (some projects may be dealt with in the background for legal and or NDA reasons)

@xeroc don't count for that. People are too lazy to read about theory. Only thing they care is execution of the idea, quality and usefulness of end product.
Take a look on: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,19625.msg251894.html - I have a crazy idea - lets convince cryptonomex developers to use livecoding.tv

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
Wow...

Question is, how long until it overtakes bitcoin?
question is, what can homestead deliver that justifies that price ..

Offline lil_jay890

• View Profile
Wow...

Question is, how long until it overtakes bitcoin?

Offline cylonmaker2053

• Saving the world one block at a time
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: cylonmaker2053
I think Microsoft hosting ETH nodes is a big deal. Many people were not sure about liabilities associated with hosting ETH nodes. But having a big player behind kind of blesses it.

i agree, any and all mainstream adoption, or even just support, goes a long way to signaling that crypto projects are not just for us fringe basket cases, but will one day soon be ubiquitous technologies. MSFT support of ETH is a huge deal, and i just can't wait for similar support of finance companies for Bitshares.

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains
When do you guys Bitshares will be pumped? In my personal opinion Bitshares is allot more stable than Ethereum and that's why I bought some and sold my Ethereum. Any new developments coming out with Bitshares that will effect the price?
i do not think new feature will help much. We would be better to do some optimise now, such as make the market operational and charge fiat easier.

BitShares 2.0 still has many tricks up its sleeve that will be rolled out in the GUI in the coming weeks. In addition to this there are other wallets coming out, promotions, worker proposals.. there are also several exchanges and projects that work with BitShares that have not had time to integrate with and launch their services after the 2.0 upgrade.

Offline xiahui135

• View Profile
When do you guys Bitshares will be pumped? In my personal opinion Bitshares is allot more stable than Ethereum and that's why I bought some and sold my Ethereum. Any new developments coming out with Bitshares that will effect the price?
i do not think new feature will help much. We would be better to do some optimise now, such as make the market operational and charge fiat easier.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
Hopefully people start reading the whitepaper and understand what bitshares is ALL ABOUT .. not just jump on the train for a quick buck ..

Bytemaster usually announces everything as it comes in (some projects may be dealt with in the background for legal and or NDA reasons)

Offline Marketorder

• View Profile

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
I think Microsoft hosting ETH nodes is a big deal. Many people were not sure about liabilities associated with hosting ETH nodes. But having a big player behind kind of blesses it.
When I think back to the IBM talk in Shanghai, at one point I turned around to cass and said to him: "If you still have ether, you better sell them now".
The speakers statements made very clear that IBM was no intension of using the Ether chain but are interested in a customized solution. Why would Ether than have any value from IBMs partnership besides speculation? I'd rather hear an official statement from Microsoft to be sure they actually use Ether and not just the code of Ethereum before I buy a single token. Anyway, as long as they are POW I see no chance of convincing me to buy a single ETH .. </opninion> (not an investment advice)