Author Topic: [ANN] LimeWallet - Beta  (Read 31518 times)

Offline lil_jay890

• View Profile
Any ETA on playstore add?
It would be very good to become popular and attract new users

Its a tricky question.

On one side we want to have a period of beta while we test our backend live and adjust details/bugs etc.

On the other side since we don't know the exact release date of BTS 2.0 we are in kind of debating if we should publish the wallet supporting 0.9.X or wait for the final BTS 2.0 ..... gauging

I would recommend releasing it now and then requiring an upgrade after 2.0.  Incorporate a message that there will be a mandatory upgrade on the day the exchanges upgrade.  You will have 30 days to test with de shares prior to the snapshot.

Offline mike623317

• View Profile

Its a tricky question.

On one side we want to have a period of beta while we test our backend live and adjust details/bugs etc.

On the other side since we don't know the exact release date of BTS 2.0 we are in kind of debating if we should publish the wallet supporting 0.9.X or wait for the final BTS 2.0 ..... gauging

Please make sure there are NO bugs before releasing it. Eager as I am, i want Bitshares 2.0 to just work.
Just my 2 cents

Offline ElMato

• View Profile

Its a tricky question.

Offline ElMato

• View Profile
Please place the .APK on other hosting (google.drive, mega). Developers thank you for your trouble

https://s3.amazonaws.com/limewalletdwn/android-armv7-debug.apk

Offline ElMato

• View Profile
Thanks for the update ... still: can you not use the same seed/privkey generation algirithm used in the web wallet? This wouls make user experience alpt better. If you wish i can search the code and point you to the relevant lines

The wallet structure we use is different from other wallets because of our specifics need.
The same problem happens with many bitcoin wallets, and in fact for Bitcoin is easier to standarize a common wallet format because of the simplicity of the overall architecture.

It will be helpfull to have a standard wallet format for easy interoperability of Bitshares wallets.
Just like Bitcoin have BIP32, BIP39, and BIP44.

Offline ElMato

• View Profile
thank you
I means  can limewallet export the wallet as json format like  bitshares clinet on pc?
or  wallet_dump_private_key  of id in wallet?

No at the moment.
The wallet can show you the words that generate your seed (config->security->backup wallet)

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
Great job! LimeWallet passes the Humble Bundle test. Takes 5 seconds to spend BitUSD on any website that accepts Bitcoin. And I love how it hides the extra step of going through metaexchange.

+5%
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline TRilon

• View Profile

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Thanks for the update ... still: can you not use the same seed/privkey generation algirithm used in the web wallet? This wouls make user experience alpt better. If you wish i can search the code and point you to the relevant lines

Offline triox

• View Profile
  • BitShares: triox
Great job! LimeWallet passes the Humble Bundle test. Takes 5 seconds to spend BitUSD on any website that accepts Bitcoin. And I love how it hides the extra step of going through metaexchange.

Offline TRilon

• View Profile
Please place the .APK on other hosting (google.drive, mega). Developers thank you for your trouble
Please fulfill my request or send Android: android-armv7-debug.apk me a mail trilon@ro.ru

Offline sudo

• View Profile
  • BitShares: ags
Thank you all for the feedback, i will try to answer some of the questions/doubts.

On BTS & UIA

xeroc
The wallet seems to only know about USD .. if I send any other asset I get an empty row in assets .. can't you pull the details from "get_asset" and post the symbol of an arbitrary asset?

bobmaloney
Question: Are you guys going to include BTS eventually, or just sticking to Assets?

sudo
can't receive  bts &UIA

It is planned.
We will add support for any UIA and BTS also.

bobmaloney
1) We should be able to add contacts directly from our send/received transaction lists (or at least from the view details screen).

2) It should probably be made more clear that this wallet holds bitBTC rather than BTC.
(I think this might frustrate or anger a user who is not familiar with the product)

3) Additionally, "balance on tap" should NOT round up from actual balance! Bad idea - rather, stretch out the decimals if need be.

1) Planned [See Contacts]
2) Good point, we will review the BTC naming.
3) Planned

Shentist
1) i wanted to save a contact, but i don't want to tipp in the public key (needs to long) why is it not possible just to put the known names into it?

2) would be nice if i can easily change the shown currency aka asset on top, maybe with a fingerslide on top i can slide through my holdings!

1) Planned [See Contacts]
2) Planned 

lafona
1) One thing I noticed though, when copying the address to a coinbase wallet on Android, it copied two slashes before the address and that I had to delete them for it to send

1) Known bug

sudo
1) can‘t output the private key & wallet json backup

2) I try to restore my wallet @https://wallet.bitshares.org/  use brain wallet  12words
but my id did't appear

can’t add contact  only use name (note: pubkey or address empty)

1) Privkey is not being shown, just the seed (will add the option in some advance menu).
   I dont undestand the "wallet json backup".
   Are you refering to the alpha1/2 backup?

2) The wallet structure is different from them one used in wallet.bitshares.org even if we both use mnemonics to generate the seed.

3) Planned [See Contacts]

Contacts

The Contacts feature was designed for those who dont want to register their name into the blockchain.
So, if i want to send to a "name" that is not registered in the blockchain i need to have it as a contact with his pubkey or address.

The use case was as following:
- User1 dont register his name in the blockchain.
- User1 => Send his contact information (QR code, mail, other) to User2 (name+pubkey).
- User2 add User1 as contact. (name+pubkey)
- User2 can now send to his "name" with memo.

But we need to rethink to also cope with the case that someone want just to have "favorites"/"recently used" names.
(just the names not the pubkey, because the active_key can change in time)

And those names should be presented first (scrollable) when the user clicks the destination field in the send window.
(In fact this is already coded, when you search in the autocomplete its searching into your local-contacts and in the global-directory [blockchain])

We will redesing that part, just need some more thinking to cope with all the use cases and to be very usable by default.

On 2.0 support

jakub
Just wonder how the 2.0 launch is going to affect your back-end code?

wuyanren
On the basis of the development of 2.0?

delulo
Wondered the same. How much work is necessary to make it work with 2.0?

2.0 support is planned and some work has been done in the dev backend to support it.
In fact it will simplify a lot of things that we are doing on our side, its just a matter of how much of owr own infrastructure we will keep and how much we will relay on the new 2.0 architecture.

Ej:
- Import only selected accounts into database => It seems there is a plugin system in the new 2.0 code that can help with that.
- Pay the network in BTS / Charge the user in BTA => 2.0 has also resolve this with the referal program.
- Memo recovery => We are using op_data inside each tx generated by the wallet to later recover the out memo, 2.0 also resolve that.
- etc, etc, etc.

I would like to have a working wallet with the 2.0 test-net as soon as we can becasue 2.0 is the future!

thank you
I means  can limewallet export the wallet as json format like  bitshares clinet on pc?
or  wallet_dump_private_key  of id in wallet?

Offline ebit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: ebit
telegram:ebit521
https://weibo.com/ebiter

Offline reyreyrey

• View Profile
BTS ID:raindrop