Author Topic: ANNOUNCEMENT 8 - IDentabit Will Sharedrop on BitShares Community  (Read 26698 times)

Offline MJK

• View Profile
pls don't go with the IMPACT font as logo font ... if you want i woukld love to send an alternative design .. if any possible ... just said :)

Totally Agree. The logo sucks to be honest. I'm sure CASS can come up with something in a heartbeat ..

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
pls don't go with the IMPACT font as logo font ... if you want i woukld love to send an alternative design .. if any possible ... just said :)
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline lakerta06

plot twist:

What is the holy grail of a basic income? It's a decentralized social network with verifiable identities!

We'll be rich!  :D

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
plot twist:

What is the holy grail of a basic income? It's a decentralized social network with verifiable identities!

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

Great announcement for sure.. very compelling.

Since the topic now seems to be all bout the name, thought I would throw in my 2 Brownies worth :)

identification is clearly the the long form for the identa part of the identabit

Perhaps a synonym with more utility to it might be more fitting.. I am thinking something like badge instead of derivatives of ID. Could introduce some interesting design elements to badges too that relate to the levels of privacy/verification/reviews/whatever. Heck.. build an app that allows people to customize them in some way.. decorate them with their interests.. pokemon.. WoW.. bitcoins.. shoes... etc.

Perhaps it doesn't sound much like a coin.. but hey.. we live in a world with Dogecoin. :)

Considering the extent of the groundwork done on this.. I am quite certain the name was not arrived at easily... this space is FULL of similar naming schemes so coming up with something with no brand confusion would be challenging.

Again though.. great work!  +5%
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline betax

• View Profile
Yes, the name is not very catchy. Think about all the non English speaking countries. Something short and simple.

I like how on the identabit.com website it says that it will automatically calculate my annual taxes.

How about "Taxcoin?"

Taxcoin - for those who hate to do their taxes!

:D I think many people will like that.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav

jakub

I have two questions:

(1) The "Pro-privacy" section of the manifesto on your website says this:
Transaction and privacy comes as a consequence of IDentabit's blockchain being closed to public and regulatory scrutiny.
Could you expand on that? How are you going to make the blockchain unavailable to public scrutiny? Is it technically possible?

(2) Do you intend to build a similar ecosystem as BitShares 2.0 is trying to build?
Will you be looking for third-party companies like CCEDK and Banx to run decentralized exchanges and hosted wallet services for your blockchain or are you going to have it all unified under one brand name?

Offline betax

• View Profile
Yes, the name is not very catchy. Think about all the non English speaking countries. Something short and simple.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline sudo

• View Profile
  • BitShares: ags
what the difference between keyid& identabit?

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile

But yeah, the name.

I actually like the name. But this is what I thought of the first time I saw it. :)

Offline roadscape

That's quite the announcement! Didn't see it coming.

It's a great strategy.. excited to see what we can do with this project. It's hard to wrap my mind around the fact that it will be both id-verified AND private. I am concerned about the fact it will be a volatile coin to begin with (but it's hard to complain as it's less competition/confusion for our smartcoins in the initial stages :) )

But yeah, the name. Something like IDenticoin would be perfect (though it's taken). What about IDentibit? IDentacoin?
http://cryptofresh.com  |  witness: roadscape

jakub

Identabit is not intended as a Ripple competitor.

Why not? It might not be indented as competitor but it actually is.
If I were a bank, both Identabit and Ripple are worth considering as viable technologies.
If I were a user, both Identabit and Ripple would be perceived by me as virtual currencies that require me to reveal my identity.

You have a very strong advantage over Ripple - there is no counterparty risk involved in the Bitshares technology and you could capitalize on that big time.

Offline puppies

• View Profile
  • BitShares: puppies

The big banks must either publicly fight a blockchain that champions absolute transparency and strict regulatory adherance, or they join in the enevitable evolution of humanity by adopting the modern technology that Identabit made easy for Grandma to use.

You can't fight the light!

And this coin promises to be the most absolutely transparent of all time!

I think the banks may be a bit more sneaky than that.  I would expect them to have legislators fight the fight for them.  To protect the innocent, help the poor, save the children.  It doesn't matter if it's true. 

I'm not a naysayer, I think it's possible to win, but don't pretend like it's gonna be easy, or that the enemy is going to fight fair. 

As far as iDentabit goes, I don't see a problem with the name.  It's at least as good as bitID.  I'm hoping it us very successful.  I will use it if possible.  While I prefer something a little less regulated, it's not like I don't currently use credit cards.  I'm used to living without financial privacy from our overlords. 

jakub

identitycoin has the word tity in it so it was inappropriate

so IDentabit was used because it has both "t" and "a"

IDcoin?

IDbit?

still can't figure out the significance of the "enta"

I too don't understand the "enta" part but I guess they had their reasons.
Only problem I see with the name is it sounds too long and isn't that catchy. I would prefer something more simple like IDblocks or something that sounds better and seems more catchy. This because I don't see the necessity of needing to associate with bitcoin, i don't agree with the part where it should be similar but different. It only needs to be unique imo.

What about "Identicon"?
It already has an established meaning, sounds much more straight-forward and there is no ambiguation about pronunciation.
It's going to be a hard battle with this IDentabit name - whenever I try to pronounce it, I need a little while to concentrate to get it right. People are not going to like it.