Author Topic: ANNOUNCEMENT 8 - IDentabit Will Sharedrop on BitShares Community  (Read 26716 times)

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

jakub

The only thing I don't like is the name itself - "IDentabit" sounds a bit strange for me.
like toothpaste
Is "IDentabit" going to be the final brand name?

jakub

You've got an unfortunate repetition on your website:
The first identity based, decentralized identity based currency

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
What exactly does 'share drop' mean? is iDentabit going to have its own blockchain or be a UIA on ours? Or something altogether different?

Its going to be its own chain, and will give us coins in the genesis block.

It needs to be its own chain because it has fundamentally different privacy/identity functions as Bitshares.

BitShares Sharedrop Theory
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline Empirical1.2

• View Profile
The only thing I don't like is the name itself - "IDentabit" sounds a bit strange for me.
like toothpaste

Anonymous dentistry has arrived! Maintaining personal privacy and a great smile is finally possible with IDentabit! 

'We couldn't even identify him from his dental records'
If you want to take the island burn the boats

sumantso

I agree. 

So regarding the sharedrop, it seems that it is 10% of total supply (20% of initial released supply) to BTS.  And another 10% of total supply (20% of released) to "contributing members of bitshares community", which we dont know how that will be determined or who will qualify.  Also, how will it avoid sybil attacks?

Brownie.pts

Its their chain so they can distribute to whoever they wish, but appeasing BM favoured members is very wrong, IMHO.

Offline Ander

• View Profile
What exactly does 'share drop' mean? is iDentabit going to have its own blockchain or be a UIA on ours? Or something altogether different?

Its going to be its own chain, and will give us coins in the genesis block.

It needs to be its own chain because it has fundamentally different privacy/identity functions as Bitshares.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline cylonmaker2053

• Saving the world one block at a time
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: cylonmaker2053

Offline Ander

• View Profile

I agree. 

So regarding the sharedrop, it seems that it is 10% of total supply (20% of initial released supply) to BTS.  And another 10% of total supply (20% of released) to "contributing members of bitshares community", which we dont know how that will be determined or who will qualify.  Also, how will it avoid sybil attacks?

Offline cylonmaker2053

• Saving the world one block at a time
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: cylonmaker2053
awesome, good luck to those Aussies. glad they chose our network...

Offline infovortice2013

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • BitShares en español
  • BitShares: traderx
yeah hope coin has other name moar comercial, but sounds helpfull for bitshares to cover full spectrum posibilities

just the news sharedrops come back to bitshares

Goodluck !
New Keyoteeid: 5rUhuLCDWUA2FStkKVRTWYEqY1mZhwpfVdRmYEvMRFRD1bqYAL
new08/21 id 5Sjf3LMuYPSeNnjLYXmAoHj5Z6TPCmwmfXD6XwDmg27dwfQ

Offline JA

• View Profile
like toothpaste

jakub

jakub

Apart from the sharedrop, I see the good news in this: every piece of ecosystem infrastructure (e.g. mobile wallet) written for BTS can be easily forked to work with IDentabit.

So IDentabit can act as a legal safety net for money invested in building BitShares ecosystem.
I can go to my investor and say this: "Invest in my BitShares-based company now and if things get unsafe in legal terms we have a solid Plan B: we can always switch to IDentabit".
Sounds like a good argument to me.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2015, 08:36:45 pm by jakub »

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.