Author Topic: Let's rebrand the name to Graphene  (Read 7410 times)

jakub

and what would the core asset be called?
It can stay as BTS or BitShares. This is exactly what it is meant to be: our bit-shares in Graphene.

Offline Empirical1.2

• View Profile
I like neither the 'Bit' or the 'Shares' and was just this morning thinking about if Graphene would get more attention in no.5 spot behind Ether when BTS 2.0 launches.

I don't think it particularly helped Dash, and I probably would have kept their old brand, but it does show it can be done.

Considering we're not changing anything at all about the allocation, I think it could be a good idea.

BitShares also carries a bit of 'baggage' and could benefit from a fresh start in terms of branding too.
If you want to take the island burn the boats

Offline JA

• View Profile
and what would the core asset be called?

jakub

Inspired by this:
I'm sick of all the 'bit' names. Enough with the 'bit' shit. It doesn't need to be in every name.
and this:
I would also recommend staying away from any and all cliches like "bit" for example. I would opt for a name that has nothing to do with cryptocurrency. Example: Ethereum, Ripple, Stellar, Graphene. These are all great names.
and also this:
I suggested to call new version Graphene and I think the name works great so far, I was even advocating to rebrand Bitshares into Graphene completely.

Why not take this 2.0 opportunity and upgrade the brand name as well?
This is a perfect time to do it. The technology has been revised and rebuilt from scratch. So can be the name.
People will take notice. It will be a good reason to take another look at our product for those who once tried and got disappointed by the UX.
BitShares reborn as Graphene - a great story for the media.

The name "BitShares" has a big sentimental value for most of us but if we were to choose again I think most of us would go for Graphene.
We can have a great name and a great technology behind it.