Author Topic: Feasibility of a Tool to Empower all of us?  (Read 2113 times)

Offline fuzzy

Is no one here a bit worried that google might crack down fake social signal networks sooner or later?

What bothers me, honestly, is that we should have to worry about that.  The only reason google would Crack down is because it would threaten their business model.

Is there any way we can do this without having to worry about it?
if i understand it correctly you will end up with a huge amount of bots creating artifical social signals.
and social signals are a ranking factor (not only  for google).
So websites can just buy this ranking factor rather than having high quality content that people want to share. eg. Pay to Win

How does the "magic word" get by this?
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline JA

• View Profile
Is no one here a bit worried that google might crack down fake social signal networks sooner or later?

What bothers me, honestly, is that we should have to worry about that.  The only reason google would Crack down is because it would threaten their business model.

if i understand it correctly you will end up with a huge amount of bots creating artifical social signals.
and social signals are a ranking factor (not only  for google).
So websites can just buy this ranking factor rather than having high quality content that people want to share. eg. Pay to Win

Offline fuzzy

Offline JA

• View Profile

Offline Ben Mason

• Integrity & Innovation, powered by Bitshares
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: benjojo

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav
can't be that hard. just look for a service like addmefast.com, and use whitelist for content and payout in tokenx

Offline fuzzy

So its basicly pay for share?

Yes, but I see it working in 2 phases:
Phase 1:  Distribute tokens via this process until a certain number of tokens are brought into existence (over a specified period of time).
Phase 2:  Require payment in said tokens for the service after disbursal is finished.

Then these tokens would be sold on the open market and could be redeemed for the (expanding) community's personal network message propagation.

Offline JA

• View Profile
So its basicly pay for share?

Offline emailtooaj

This would be an awesome tool if someone could help you make this a reality!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sound Editor of Beyondbitcoin Hangouts. Listen to latest here - https://beyondbitcoin.org support the Hangouts! BTS Tri-Fold Brochure https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,15169.0.html
Tip BROWNIE.PTS to EMAILTOOAJ

Offline fuzzy

I am a coder on a very basic level.  I understand the concepts and components to code.  I know what Psuedo code is, boolean, if/then, loops, object oriented vs procedural...etc.  But this is not an area of deep expertise for me. 

With that said, I am trying to get public input on how much time and effort would go into the creation of a bot that all community members could use to link their wallets to bitshares-friendly media outlets and services.  But the biggest thing is that I need to be able to assess approximately how much time and effort would go into it so I can figure out if it is plausible to have it built.

What would it do?
After the wallet "links up" to the sites, it will randomly share their content to twitter, reddit, facebook...etc.  The key would be to enable community members to grab this tool, change some parameters to their liking, connect up their social media accounts with the bot/wallet, and automate the sharing of content from those places to individuals' personal networks.  This would help with Grass Roots referrals, but not only that...to be able to be paid in a token of some sort for it that would eventually be able to be required for payment from the service itself (in many years to come).  Automation of this could in my estimation help create a trickling little income stream (and potentially one heck of a sharedrop target) for the common bitshares fan. 

I mean an Army of Bots managed by real people who can leverage their own real, trust-based relationships marketing a product to them that  will change their lives for the better and make money for the referrer...is pretty powerful.  And most importantly, it would give everyone the ability to indisputably earn something as long as they have a computer with minimal resources. 

I just want to come up with a proposal for the construction of such a bot so we can give ownership of it to the BitShares-Powered Community and I feel this would be a solid start on giving everyone at large an easy way of earning something of value (ie making a token intrinsically valuable over time as the service provided grows in maturity and efficiency) that cannot be considered unfairly distributed. 

So anyone with a deep level of coding experience here able to give an idea of how much time/effort this would require?