Author Topic: Since you are using DPOS technology that is Daniel Larimer's invention...  (Read 6166 times)

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile

If I understand this correctly they wrote their own code to institute DPOS.  I don't think they owe us anything.  I'm glad they're using DPOS, and hope they are very successful.  I'm not as motivated to help as I would be if I owned a chunk, and that is a valid point, but by no means a deal breaker in regards to my support.  I'll try to take the time to learn about them.

Well said Puppies! I agree!

So do I. For all my blustering, I agree that if they developed it themselves, no sharedrop is expected. Unless, of course, they want to get our community behind them and help their product succeed.

Offline phillyguy

If I understand this correctly they wrote their own code to institute DPOS.  I don't think they owe us anything.  I'm glad they're using DPOS, and hope they are very successful.  I'm not as motivated to help as I would be if I owned a chunk, and that is a valid point, but by no means a deal breaker in regards to my support.  I'll try to take the time to learn about them.

Well said Puppies! I agree!
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Crypti_Max

• View Profile

Some of us are starting to sound more like Teamsters strong-arming people to pay up than a community looking for projects to support.

From their white paper section III
Crypti is based on the DPoS 4 (Delegated Proof of Stake) consensus mechanism. This method of consensus was originally created by the Bitshares team.
https://crypti.me/crypti.pdf

Sure, it's not the same as buying protection courting an existing community but they did give credit where credit was due.

+5%

They did! And I give them credit for that also!

PS my post had not the intention of attacking them, only a way to start a conversation with a community that is involved with something it is worth and uses Dpos technology.... That can do only good to our community/project if they succeed...So  I wish them all the best... We can all grow together... helping each other  ;)

Thank you. :)

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani

Some of us are starting to sound more like Teamsters strong-arming people to pay up than a community looking for projects to support.

Crypti is based on the DPoS 4 (Delegated Proof of Stake) consensus mechanism. This method of consensus was originally created by the Bitshares team.

Sure, it's not the same as buying protection courting an existing community but they did give credit where credit was due.

+5%

They did! And I give them credit for that also!

PS my post had not the intention of attacking them, only a way to start a conversation with a community that is involved with something it is worth and uses Dpos technology.... That can do only good to our community/project if they succeed...So  I wish them all the best... We can all grow together... helping each other  ;)
« Last Edit: September 01, 2015, 08:00:15 am by liondani »

Offline sudo

• View Profile
  • BitShares: ags
they have lite pc client!!

http://downloads.crypti.me/crypti-node/0.3.x/crypti-windows-lite-0.3.0.zip

Roadmap

PAST                     

• Client Stabilization
• DPoS
• Usernames
• Contacts
• New Client Design
• Lite Client

NEXT UPDATES       

• Client v0.4.0 (Mobile Client)

NEAR FUTURE               

• Client v0.5.0
• Decentralized Applications & Sidechains
• Dapp Store
• Multi Signature

Offline Riverhead

Tuck Fheman

Come  on guys, let's continue to find possible ways of  growing together! Not one chain to rule them all...

bytemaster: "So it seems quite obvious that just like Bitcoin is not the one chain to rule them all … BitShares will not be the one chain to rule them all."

Offline bitseedmike

• View Profile
I have been a Protoshares and Bitshares holder, following the project since its inception as Invictus on Bitcoin Talk. I was very keen on any distributed exchange projects, and Bitshares was one of the first. The sharedrop and original DACs were also major attractions.

I am also closely involved with Crypti, which is focused on building a dapp platform. Unfortunately, since the pre-sale for Crypti had already been held long before the switch to DPoS to secure the Crypti network, doing a sharedrop without creating a new genesis block and diluting existing holders was not practical since the XCR had already been distributed immediately after the pre-sale.

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
Who the hell is Passion_ltc?

You are from Germany right? If you want you can attend the meetup I'm organizing, I'm one of the founders of my local university Bitcoin group. http://www.meetup.com/de/bitcoinac/

We got accredited recently and currently building a better web presence. :)

I agree. However, more than the share drop it's rather annoying that he's not giving us credit for DPOS. Says a lot in my opinion.

I sure give credit to BitShares for DPoS. It's a great system and that's why we are using its principles. Check my comment on the Crypti thread. :)

Hey Max .. i'm german .. and hey .. just continue what you're doing with crypti.me!
IMO it's really a great signal if other communities are using DPOS as underlying consenus mechanism!
And personally i can't understand why we start to attack people who in favor of our tech! my 2 cents

Come  on guys, let's continue to find possible ways of  growing together! Not one chain to rule them all...
@Crypti_Max : why not just issue a UIA on BTS ? Just thinking loud...

█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline puppies

• View Profile
  • BitShares: puppies
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Crypti_Max

• View Profile
Who the hell is Passion_ltc?

You are from Germany right? If you want you can attend the meetup I'm organizing, I'm one of the founders of my local university Bitcoin group. http://www.meetup.com/de/bitcoinac/

We got accredited recently and currently building a better web presence. :)

I agree. However, more than the share drop it's rather annoying that he's not giving us credit for DPOS. Says a lot in my opinion.

I sure give credit to BitShares for DPoS. It's a great system and that's why we are using its principles. Check my comment on the Crypti thread. :)
« Last Edit: August 31, 2015, 06:38:43 pm by Crypti_Max »

Offline mike623317

• View Profile

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
The Social Consensus fuels sharedrops. Of course it's voluntary, but anyone using this technology has to be nuts NOT to sharedrop. Why? Because it only costs you a small percentage, say 20%. What is the cost of creating a community like BitShares has? Some startups get bought up for hundreds of millions of dollars, even before they have a product or technology, JUST because they have a following, a customer base. So does BitShares.

Hitting the ground running with your own community is priceless; many developers would gladly give 80% to bring this community on board. We ask only that you share 20% with our community. Do you honestly think you'll get rich holding 100% when you have to use all your own efforts, money, and marketing to make your product succeed? Wouldn't you rather hold 80% of a product with a robust, cohesive, and supportive community behind you? I give your 80% a HUGE chance of succeeding, while your 100% is going to depend on a lot of things you can't control or don't want to spend the time doing.

Sharedrop. Honor the Social Consensus. Feel the synergy!

Offline bytemaster

Do people sharedrop on Bitcoin because everyone uses POW?  I don't think so....

You already forgot the existing social contract my friend!

That social contract is only if they wanted help from our community I believe. The code was open source and free to use. They have no obligation towards us, however, we, as a (much bigger) community won't care about helping them at all. But since they don't seem to mind, I don't see where is the problem. The more projects use DPOS the better because ultimately we are the ones who will get recognition

Yea, we can't really force a "social contract" down their throats if they don't really care to have our "support"...pointing fingers at them for not giving us free stuff just looks childish. Let them be.

+1
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline nomoreheroes7

• King of all the land
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: nomoreheroes7
Do people sharedrop on Bitcoin because everyone uses POW?  I don't think so....

You already forgot the existing social contract my friend!

That social contract is only if they wanted help from our community I believe. The code was open source and free to use. They have no obligation towards us, however, we, as a (much bigger) community won't care about helping them at all. But since they don't seem to mind, I don't see where is the problem. The more projects use DPOS the better because ultimately we are the ones who will get recognition

Yea, we can't really force a "social contract" down their throats if they don't really care to have our "support"...pointing fingers at them for not giving us free stuff just looks childish. Let them be.