Author Topic: Creating my first UIA  (Read 14541 times)

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
The length of the account name is what qualifies it for a "premium name" .. but don't ask me how short that would be .. I would say everything above 8 should be non-premium
Ok, so that means that this account that I registered yesterday with my wallet, not the faucet, (http://bitsharesblocks.com/accounts/account?name=munich) will automatically become bts-munich upon the 2.0 switchover?
Yes / No
YES .. munich is a premium name

That account will still be accessible to me even though it was not registered with the faucet?
Yes / No
Sure

Is it safe for me to use that munich account right now to create the publicly tradeable UIA I want?
Yes / No
sure ..
after upgrade the asset will appear as if it was registered by bts-munich

Talking about this .. I wonder what the devs would do if there is a name collision:

munich (premium) -> bts-munich
bts-munich (non premium) -> bts-munich ?!?

@bytemaster @stan @vikram ?

Ok, so you know that I did not use the faucet yesterday to create that munich account.
I used my linux gui client only.
As you can see, my munich account is registered: http://bitsharesblocks.com/accounts/account?name=munich

This statement scares the hell out of me. It says to me that this wallet-created account will not be migrated:
Update: All account names registered on or after 2015-06-18 (US Eastern time) will be migrated if and only if they were registered using the BitShares Faucet.

If I open my linux gui client wallet right now and use that munich account to create the UIA, will everything be accessible to me in 2.0?
I need a 110% for sure answer on this before I drop 5,000 BTS to create the UIA with the munich account name and put its UIA up for trading, ya know?
kenCode - Decentraliser @ Agorise
Matrix/Keybase/Hive/Commun/Github: @Agorise
www.PalmPay.chat

Tuck Fheman

Talking about this .. I wonder what the devs would do if there is a name collision

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav
quoting myself, time to add:

Account Name Migration
Under BitShares 2.0, accounts are transferable and have different prices based upon the “quality” of the account name. Any “premium” names registered on or after 2015-06-08 (US Eastern time) will be given the prefix “bts-“ or similar after the migration.

Update: All account names registered on or after 2015-06-18 (US Eastern time) will be migrated if and only if they were registered using the BitShares Faucet.

Ok, so that means that this account that I registered yesterday with my wallet, not the faucet, (http://bitsharesblocks.com/accounts/account?name=munich) will automatically become bts-munich upon the 2.0 switchover?
Yes / No
yes

That account will still be accessible to me even though it was not registered with the faucet?
Yes / No
yes

Is it safe for me to use that munich account right now to create the publicly tradeable UIA I want?
Yes / No
yes

I'd rather ask if the asset is being renamed to bts-asset.id. I'd say yes, but there's no public info. @bytemaster

Tuck Fheman

Yes / No

Yes / No

Yes / No

afaik the answer is Yes to all 3, but I'd wait for a confirmation from xeroc/fav ... someone other than me. ;)

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
The length of the account name is what qualifies it for a "premium name" .. but don't ask me how short that would be .. I would say everything above 8 should be non-premium
Yes / No
YES .. munich is a premium name

Yes / No
Sure

Yes / No
sure ..
after upgrade the asset will appear as if it was registered by bts-munich

Talking about this .. I wonder what the devs would do if there is a name collision:

@bytemaster @stan @vikram ?

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
I'd also like to mention here that I followed this page to the letter:
https://bitshares.org/register/

I created the account name in my linux wallet just like it says to do. When it came time to register it, the faucet was not in that select list in my wallet. So, I came to the faucet website which is where I got that red error message. See?
https://github.com/bitshares/bitshares.github.io/commit/57886b1a0d433096e79a817d89caa0b33b598d71
Thanks for pointing this out .. I added a remark on that page

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
Especially when that person is willing to help you publicly (which would benefit anyone in your same boat in the future), but you insist they personally assist you via a private social media conference.
That's exactly my point .. I work for ALL shareholders .. not just a few ones .. hence I do PUBLIC support .. unless someone pays me to do INDIVIDUAL support

I am not rich and need to make a living from what I do ..

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise

Account Name Migration
Under BitShares 2.0, accounts are transferable and have different prices based upon the “quality” of the account name. Any “premium” names registered on or after 2015-06-08 (US Eastern time) will be given the prefix “bts-“ or similar after the migration.

Yes / No

Yes / No

Yes / No
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav

This is telling me that any accounts that i register in my wallet now, won't even be accessible in 2.0? So I lose access to the bitshares-munich account that I created? Or bts-bitshares-munich ?? Seriously, explain this to me in detail please.

https://bitshares.org/blog/2015/06/08/migrating-to-bitshares-2.0/ why doesn't a paid delegate follow the official blog?

Account Name Migration

Tuck Fheman

So how do I proceed from here to get the account name I want and use the faucet so that it doesn't get the bts- prefix?

afaik, as long as it is not a 'premium name' it will not get the bts prefix upon migration.

That's what I remember typing up in a transcript a while back.

If I come across the exact quote before someone confirms/denies that I'll past it here for clarification.

Edit : fav beat me.  :P
« Last Edit: September 08, 2015, 10:18:37 am by Tuck Fheman »

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
So, since I was unable to use the faucet, I was forced to create the account, fund it, and register it with my wallet, not the faucet website.

I think the faucet issue I had would have prevented all this, right?
So how do I proceed from here to get the account name I want and use the faucet so that it doesn't get the bts- prefix?
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
I'd also like to mention here that I followed this page to the letter:
https://bitshares.org/register/

I created the account name in my linux wallet just like it says to do. When it came time to register it, the faucet was not in that select list in my wallet. So, I came to the faucet website which is where I got that red error message. See?
www.PalmPay.chat

Tuck Fheman

Time is money

I think this is where you went wrong.

Don't equate time with money when you want someone else to give up their time to you for free. ;)

Complaining when they ask for money for their time after making that statement just compounds the error.  :P

Especially when that person is willing to help you publicly (which would benefit anyone in your same boat in the future), but you insist they personally assist you via a private social media conference.

As you well know and are probably doing yourself, there are a LOT of people working for the blockchain free of charge (me included) while there are a few others monetizing everything BitShares and asking for funding BEFORE they lift a finger.

So I don't think xeroc is out of line by taking the position they have and honestly I'd do the same after you set things up the way you did. ;)

(Sorry I butted in, but ...)

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
BitShares shareholders pay me to give public support
unless you pay me too I cannot answer in a private channel

I am a stakeholder.
Ok, so let's waste more time typing here when all of my questions could be answered in a brief skype call.

God forbid a Delegate might have a question too. I've been just a little busy with a million other BitShares projects to keep up on account name stuff.

This is ridiculous you guys, are we on the same team or what?

I want to create my first UIA. I want the Issuer of that UIA to be my bitshares-munich account.

Fav, it's not your job to help me, but I sure do thank you if you can. Please and Thank You.
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
I have to delete the old account now or something, or try the faucet again, am i still gonna be stuck with the bts- prefix, etc..
Accounts cannot be deleted .. they me be transfered in BTS2.0 .. not in BTS1 ..

I haven't even started on my UIA questions yet...
Time is money, please help me. Thank you
BitShares shareholders pay me to give public support in this forum ..
unless you pay me too I cannot answer in a private channel ..

Have to get back to work for BTS and devel the whitepaper and stuff ..