Author Topic: September update  (Read 8441 times)

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
you da man cob and if you really pull off the streaming thing, oh man.. look out netflix, youtube, vimeo...
keep up the great work!!

artists finally, gettin, paid. :)
kenCode - Decentraliser @ Agorise
Matrix/Keybase/Hive/Commun/Github: @Agorise
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline cob

• View Profile
  • BitShares: cobb
Had a look at WeTube/BitCloud.. meh

Chris at MediaGoblin however (http://mediagoblin.org/pages/campaign.html) said we should have a look at this:
http://w3c-social.github.io/activitypump/

..WAY over my head. Is this W3C thing a threat to PeerTracks?

Cool project. This is different to what we are trying to do, obviously. And that project would disrupt the entire internet, not just PeerTracks. It's quite ambitious indeed!

Right now we are doing 2 things. MUSE would be something that the Music industry could use for a foundation (no stable, permanent, open, global and transparent currently exists for that industry) for payments of royalties, tickets, merch, music, and it would provide plenty of data for all to use.
PeerTracks on the other hand would be the retail, streaming, discovery and engagement app that just so happens to use the MUSE data. We would be changing the way the entire internet works! Just a cool new site to do cool new stuff on.
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
Had a look at WeTube/BitCloud.. meh

Chris at MediaGoblin however (http://mediagoblin.org/pages/campaign.html) said we should have a look at this:
http://w3c-social.github.io/activitypump/

..WAY over my head. Is this W3C thing a threat to PeerTracks?
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
Let's hope they take a bite out of the MPAA too.
www.PalmPay.chat

Tuck Fheman

If I never see this f*cking error message again, I will put 60% of my fiat income into NOTE (on top of what I've already bought of course):

PeerTracks (and similar tech) may kill off VPN providers.  :P

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
If I never see this f*cking error message again, I will put 60% of my fiat income into NOTE (on top of what I've already bought of course):

www.PalmPay.chat

Tuck Fheman

That’s it for the micro-update. This is probably the last time I'll make an update without showing off what we have. In fact, we'll very soon need you guys to take PeerTracks and MUSE for a spin.

Yeah but will PeerTracks bring Layne Staley back from teh dead?

That's what everyone really wants to know. I mean, have you seen AiC live in concert since he died? It's horribly mediocre. Please help PeerTracks!
« Last Edit: September 13, 2015, 03:43:50 pm by Tuck Fheman »

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
Indeed, and Streamium is wicked awesome, but if I get some money I'd like to fork and expand Streamium a LOT. There's no reason why it can't be another app for PeerTracks and live events like the Expo.

Cob did mention that PeerTracks is not limited to just music. Art can change the world...
Lookin forward to it! :)
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline jamesc

I can really promote some electronic music. Mix Sets are widely sold or promoted for free.  That promotes original artist as those are often at least an hour long and many are free so they would reach a larger audience..  Now we have more than just direct record sales to profit from. The artist tokens are going to help free good music.

I'm going to need one of these!
http://djtechtoolscom.c.presscdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/djm900-nexus_cdj-2000_front_high.jpg

If your going to have streaming I can imagine there would be a demand for live streaming.  Who wouldn't want to expand their concert audience beyond the arena.  Kudos to kenCode for mentioning this project, here is a p2p software that does this already with bitcoin and webrtc.  You could make it easy for your artists to launch an event in a similar way.  You can put a turn and stun server up to help anyone with old firewalls and sell the service.  https://streamium.io/

If this works out for you, you know how to tip me!!

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
To my understood music chain is just a copy of BTS chain ?,  is it right ?  if yes , so I don’t believe an independent make any sense, but anybody can establish an independent chain , it is decentralized.
+5% +5% +5%

I agree to put note on the bitshares. Muse there is no need for independence

Yes there is - the artistcoin mechanics are one (but those will surely eventually get pulled into BTS core), but the branding and stated mission matter a lot. Fact is you could sell the existing music industry on Muse but not BTS.
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
I think my NOTE is gonna explode :)

You should get that looked at Ken. 
Without treatment, exploding NOTES can lead to symptoms like : Uncontrollable jumping up and down which can lead to "m00n rash", bouts of intense jollification, phantasmagoric grandeur and a swollen reticule.
:P

+5% +5% all this 2.0 and NOTE stuff man, STOKED :)
www.PalmPay.chat

Tuck Fheman

You should get that looked at Ken. 

Without treatment, exploding NOTES can lead to symptoms like : Uncontrollable jumping up and down which can lead to "m00n rash", bouts of intense jollification, phantasmagoric grandeur and a swollen reticule.

:P

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile

Offline thistome

• View Profile
To my understood music chain is just a copy of BTS chain ?,  is it right ?  if yes , so I don’t believe an independent make any sense, but anybody can establish an independent chain , it is decentralized.
+5% +5% +5%

I agree to put note on the bitshares. Muse there is no need for independence
Wake up please!